Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Opinions of Cafe Habana? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 32
Posted From: 24.210.104.116
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking about going out to Cafe Habana before seeing a movie at Main Art. Has anyone been there before? Worth the trip? Other recommendations?

Sailor_rick
Username: Sailor_rick

Post Number: 125
Posted From: 68.41.158.46
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Muy bien, mi amigo. (Sorry, I couldn't help it)

The food is authentic, great mojitas and the decor is swanky without going corn-ball overboard.

Plus a few waitresess are drop-dead Latina knock-outs.

Ah, reminds of those sultry ports and dark-eyed gems on the long-gone Delta Lines run to South America and the islands.

Ddaydave
Username: Ddaydave

Post Number: 369
Posted From: 67.149.185.244
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plus a few waitresess are drop-dead Latina knock-outs. Hmmm where is this place

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 2234
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In Royal Oak; right behind Bastone on Main Street. Pretty decent food! And it is a nice subtle little place with some good tasting food. The lime-ade is to die for on a hot summer day too!

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 34
Posted From: 24.210.104.116
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If anyone was interested, I did end up going there last night and it was excellent. Very reasonably priced (I think the most expensive thing on the menu was $11) and high quality. I had "Hemingway's Special" or something like that to drink and let me tell you, that'd be a great choice in July. It came out and it was pink and in a lowball, but I figured if it was good enough for Papa... turns out pineapple, grenadine and rum makes for a tasty concoction. Highly recommended.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.