Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Reditions of the Revised Eastern Market « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mountainman
Username: Mountainman

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 69.144.194.110
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found these pictures. Thought they might be of interest. Looking pretty cool.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.co m/showthread.php?t=101592&page =2

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3486
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure those are a few years old, now.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 570
Posted From: 69.246.26.190
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems like anything that gets a "Cool Cities" grant doesn't get worked on. There were plans to rennovate EM for a few years now right? What's the status of all this?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3490
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool Cities grants are usually used to brige a funding gap, but it is often on the end of the requestor that they usually not come up with enough money make the projects work. It's not Cool Cities faults. It's incumbent upon the requestor they he/she/they actually come up with the money they said they were going to come up with so that the CC grant and complement the requestors funds. Maybe, I'm just reading your post wrong, though.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 5661
Posted From: 69.167.75.70
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard recently that the development dollars are delayed until the city privatizes the running of the market.

Apparently the city is considering this as they did the zoo...and the really big money is waiting until city management is replaced.

There seems to be some disenchantment within the market...I've met a few folks who have been kept from doing business there due to heavy restrictions and requirements for RENTAL of the booths and spaces.

There may be some racial bias fueling this, but it would be a big jump for me to play the race card without direct knowledge.

These are all secondhand rumors...so don't hate me if I've got things wrong. OK, you can hate me, but DON'T hold it against me.

Michigansheik
Username: Michigansheik

Post Number: 119
Posted From: 69.242.214.54
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe the Eastern Market and the Historical Museum are now run by Private entities. The council voted on this a couple weeks ago. The guy next to Rafal is awesome, I call him speaker dude!

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1005
Posted From: 68.252.70.118
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since when are Eastern Market and the Historical Museum privatized? I would have thought this would have been a MUCH bigger deal if it actually happened!!!!

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 461
Posted From: 70.228.2.254
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blondy, the historical museum deal was cut about two weeks after the zoo...includes multiple entities...but not Fort Wayne :-(

From the renderings, I guess I'm not the only one who thinks its time to get away from the goofy murals on the sheds in the market...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.