Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Transit Questions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 27
Posted From: 141.209.29.225
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually have two questions for you guys.

I read recently at the riverwalk website about the ground breaking of the port authority passenger terminal 2 years back. When I tried to look it up I saw that they were doing seawall construction and not much else last year. I haven't been to Detroit in a while and the WCDPA website is useless. Does anyone have any updates? If work is being done or if it is even completed does anyone have any pics?

As for the second question, I just read at modelD about the Rosa Parks terminal. How is this project coming? I've found the renderings, but does any one have any pictures of progress for this as well?
Thanks guys!

Jsmyers
Username: Jsmyers

Post Number: 1529
Posted From: 209.131.7.68
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Rosa Parks terminal has not really been started. I think I've been told they are developing final engineering plans right now.

You'll get to see a model of it if you make it to the TRU exhibit this Saturday:

http://www.detroittransit.org/ streetcar-event.asp

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 28
Posted From: 64.25.200.14
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jsmyers. Does anyone have anything on the Dock? I was also wondering if anyone knew of a updated satellite image? Microsoft live and google local our all 3 year old images, from what I can tell. Does anyone know of a site thats more up to date?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.