Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Defensive 'rebuttal' to M.L. Elrick « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 276
Posted From: 68.41.173.240
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Missed the heavily hyped "mayoral secrets" newscast segment by WDIV's new investigative ace, Freep transplant M.L. Elrick . . .
. . . but now that I've seen an odd, anonymous e-mail from Kilpatrick loyalists, I sure will tune in at 11.

The letter-style message, which begins "Folks, . . . ," was sent by 'Communications Team' to an apparently large group-distribution list. The unsigned, 7-paragraph letter is a Word attachment labeled WDIV Rebut 2.28.06.revised2.doc (Don't you love that they show it had to be revised . . . by we can only imagine who. Class act.)

It claims:

quote:

Television stations are obsessed on rehashing stories that they have previously presented to Detroiters and suburban viewers ...

Obsessed on? That's different.

It goes on to say:

quote:

From what we understand, the story will claim that Mayor Kilpatrick did not receive a teacher’s certificate from Florida A&M University. This is inaccurate. But beyond that, what difference does it make?

Got that? Wrong . . . and wouldn't matter if we're fibbing.

But wait, there's more:

quote:

The same goes for Nneka Kafi, special projects coordinator for the Mayor. We anticipate the story will claim that she does not have the experience to hold this position. When she sought a position with the Kilpatrick administration in 2001 she brought a plethora of administrative experience relevant to her position including database creation, site management, and event coordination.

Heck of a job, Nneka . . . setting up a spreadsheet, overseeing a website and planning a party or reception, which is about what that "plethora of administrative experience" sounds like.

There are 2 more disjointed, style-impaired paragraphs, but you get the picture . . .
. . . and the unintended advertisement to tune in at 11 to see what has someone all riled up.

Or perhaps I should say obsessed on this plethora of investigative broadcasting.

(Message edited by RealityCheck on March 01, 2006)
Top of pageBottom of page

Blessyouboys
Username: Blessyouboys

Post Number: 286
Posted From: 69.209.188.144
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is pretty funny...

I watched the 6pm newscast and Elrick's report was pretty good. Although it at times seemed like they're digging pretty deep for something to report, raking real deep in the muck, all the better. That's what investigative reporting is, arguably, all about.

Something tells me M.L. will be all over K-Money for quite some time.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.