Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Livonia, state woo Quicken Loans « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitman
Username: Detroitman

Post Number: 915
Posted From: 216.78.52.11
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Livonia, state woo Quicken Loans

Officials work to save jobs, keep the company's headquarters in the city once its lease is up in 4 years.

Catherine Jun / The Detroit News
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20060224/M ETRO01/602240378/1006

Gildas
Username: Gildas

Post Number: 411
Posted From: 147.240.236.9
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If they need more office space, there is plenty in Detroit, if only our elected officials could be more pro-active.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 828
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would you think that Quicken/Rock may be looking for a location in say, a more downtowny area in about 4 years. Wonder what it takes and how long to build a building of this magnitude in say...umm..Downtown Detroit...hehehe

Username: 1953

Post Number: 702
Posted From: 209.104.146.146
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Mr. Gilbert,

As a lifelong resident of metropolitan Detroit, I am writing today to urge you and your company to consider locating downtown in the city of Detroit.

Downtown Detroit is a wonderful neighborhood, with countless advantages for a business such as yours. Many tax credit programs and a capable economic development team are accentuated in downtown Detroit by beautiful and historic architecuture, the type that inspires employee creativity, innovation, and retention. The urban environment of downtown and surrounding areas is also ideal for attracting the brightest and best employees, as many national publications have recently chronicled an affinity for urban living among the newest college graduates. Downtown also offers geographic advantages: the area is centrally located amidst a network of public and private transporation optortunities.

The location of your company in the heart of downtown Detroit - perhaps in or around the beautiful Campus Martius area - would undoubtedly prove the tipping point in growth and development for the region's central business district. Another large firm, the Compuware Corporation, recently located several thousand white collar employees downtown, generating a renewed vitality that is attracting new businesses, restaurants, and entertainment opportunities. The addition of your company and its vast resources to the downtown landscape would further this renewal and help metropolitan Detroit recapture the value of its existing infrastructure, which for too long has been threatened by disinvestment and urban sprawl.

These are, of course, only a few of the many reasons that your company should seriously consider locating in downtown Detroit. I haven't even begun to touch on the incredible entertainment opportunities - theaters, bars, and restaurants abound - nor the public relations opportunities your company would reap from such a move. You recognize these benefits - they were apparent during Superbowl week. Consider the national attention garnered by Compuware Corporation, which co-hosted The Best Damn Sports Show all week long.

If you would like to learn more about downtown Detroit and the opportunities it presents, I suggest you contact the Detroit Economic Growth Corporation. However, I would be more than willing to take you on a guided tour of downtown myself; I am, afterall, a recent college graduate working downtown (and saving my pennies for the day I can live here too). Hopefully, you will come to recognize the vitality and promise of downtown Detroit and chose to locate your business at the heart of metropolitan Detroit.

Sincerely,

(Message edited by 1953 on February 24, 2006)

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 26
Posted From: 67.38.87.62
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S.

All the bad things we said about the suburbs in the past, we were just kidding.

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 68.43.142.247
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Mr. Gilbert,
Just please don't ask about our City Council. We knew not what we were doing when we voted them in.
Sincerely,
City of Detroit

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 71.65.15.234
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My understanding is that Quicken Loans was initially a Livonia-based company, and has no immediate desire to move to Detroit. I'm torn, though, as a resident of Livonia and a lover of Detroit. They are a major employer in the city, and it would be a shame to see my community suffer, even though I'd love to see a new building in the CBD.

I do have a question - perhaps anyone has an answer: the article refers to "39000 W. Seven Mile, the former site of Technicolor Home Entertainment Services." I wasn't aware that it was no longer in-use by Technicolor? Technicolor's website still refers to it as an in-use facility.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.