Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Jackie Currie still sticking it to the City « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1037
Posted From: 69.246.13.131
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is a real pro. When will Detroit be done with her?

She already mishandled the November city elections, now former Detroit City Clerk Jackie Currie could cost taxpayers an extra $160,000, after a judge’s ruling today.

Wayne County Chief Circuit Judge Mary Beth Kelly ruled today that Detroit must pay attorney fees for contempt of court proceedings stemming from a lawsuit brought by former City Council candidate Maureen Taylor. Currie retained a private attorney, even though city attorneys were available.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20060217/NEW S11/60217017

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 96
Posted From: 68.43.156.135
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jackie Currie sucks!!!!!

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 591
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is what happens when voters reward incompetence
year after year and then cry about the results. Folks need to pay atention and vote these idiots out. Unfortunately, many came to their senses too late.
Detroiters will be paying the bill long after she's gone.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2071
Posted From: 68.40.225.35
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulmccall - She was voted out. Why do you think she was so incompetent to begin with? There was not strong evidence or reporting that she was.

As a country we voted Bush into office the 2nd time (not the first where he was appointed)...and now we are being "rewarded" with his incompetence. I am not defending Currie...I think she was way past her prime even her lieutinents under her were just as corrupt and they were actually running the show. I have always been against her (but most people are not political aware as I am)...you are making it sound like we Detroiters are stupid for voting her in in the past. Again I don't recall mass amount of media against her. So maybe you should rethink your statement to when the time was appropriate and we had evidence we MASSIVELY voted her out instead of making a broad statement that we are stupid or non-aware or incompetent.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 593
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, how do you explain Kwame getting back in?

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 831
Posted From: 63.41.8.83
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just modify what was said a long time ago...

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2074
Posted From: 68.40.225.35
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulmccall - Well I can say that Kilpatrick was the better candidate to a lot of people. Most of my friends (black and white) voted for Kilpatrick. Why? Because we knew he was better than his opponent in many areas. We were not allowing ourselves to be brain-washed by the media into believing that his opponet was better. We actually did our homework. Kilpatrick has his faults. But at least he is intelligent and he has back bone. I know that I made the right choice with my final vote for the mayor. And I voted against Currie.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2311
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 4:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny that in talking to a number of people involved with the recount (Hendrix supporters as well as county workers) said that many of the Kilpatrick ballots were also marked for Currie. Go figure!

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 67.38.87.62
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jackie Curry update.

http://wwmt.com/engine.pl?stat ion=wwmt&id=23808&template=bre akout_state.html

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1015
Posted From: 68.42.251.225
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not just Jackie who is sticking it to the taxpayers. Its the CC also. The court's opinion stated that the CC knew that she had retained personal counsel, did zilch about it, and now the City must pay the atty fees. Sound reasoning actually even though taxpayers won't like it and I don't blame them.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.