Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Great article from lansing state journal « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wsukid
Username: Wsukid

Post Number: 130
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 3:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The reason I am posting this is because I believe that getting positive media from statewide media is much more important than nation wide media. If we get more people from around the state to look at the great developments in the city and to not look at the city so poorly we can make it a much more popular destination. I would love to see more people from Saginaw, Kzoo, Grand Rapids, and other areas visit Detroit and embrace it.

Anyway im done with my ranting here is the link

http://lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a rticle?AID=/20060205/COLUMNIST S09/602050704/1016

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3159
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 4:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lansing's has usually always been kind to Detroit in our local media, and overall feeling. Actually, a sizeable group of citizens here are former Detroiter's or Chicagoans, or have family based their. I've always felt that the place has had a lot more connection to southeast Michigan than to any other part of the state, especially since we share the same economy. I've always thought of Flint, Lansing, and Detroit always been pretty similar in more ways than one.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 475
Posted From: 68.42.176.123
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen a couple of stories from local media similar this. The tone is largely cautiously optimistic. To me that's a good thing. That means they're impressed by what they see happening but still are cautious because this is Detroit afterall. That's good. It's a solid step forward. It's local people giving the city a real chance. That's half of what the metro area needs. The other half is people willing to capitalize on it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.