Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Favorite Super Bowl Commercial? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dhugger
Username: Dhugger

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 66.167.210.66
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the 4th the Bridgestone Tire commercial with hopping music, smooth dancers, great graphic overlays of tires morphing into speakers. Man the actors in the commercial just so pretty too.

Webvomit
Username: Webvomit

Post Number: 13
Posted From: 69.242.214.91
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diet Pepsi's are the worst.

"Brown and Bubbly" isn't a phrase I'd use to describe anything good.

Dhugger

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeh bad ad writing....and to think these are the most expensive shots in television.

Now they just did a spot with Paul McCartney. A retrospective of his life with a simple low tech photo montage with his music for Fidelity Investments. This would have been a better place for the Stones performance in an ad spot.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1019
Posted From: 69.246.13.131
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those Ameriquest spots make no sense at all.
A nut company? never neard of them.
goofy spot with the people in bio hazard suits for some disinfectant.

Lot of weird as spots.

Tielerh11
Username: Tielerh11

Post Number: 52
Posted From: 69.216.102.204
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bud's streaking sheep is the best

Bagman
Username: Bagman

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 68.252.125.69
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the one with the magic fridge
The Clydsdale ad with the baby horse was good, I don't drink beer but thought they were good ads.

The Paul McCartney had run before and was not made for the Superbowl.

Last years pepsi campaign were much better ads.

Dhugger

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeh baby SEX still sells.

I thought the 'Go-Daddy' ad with the girl loosing her strap..... boobs busting out of the shirt infront of old daddy was fun.

Tortfeasor
Username: Tortfeasor

Post Number: 428
Posted From: 69.209.137.45
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Budweiser wins again. From the magic fridge to the streaking sheep, funniest commercials of the game.

Belleislerunner
Username: Belleislerunner

Post Number: 225
Posted From: 69.137.159.3
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Budwesier Magic Fridge and the Hummer Monsters.

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 1013
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I liked the FedEx one with the cavemen. I thought one of them was going to order duck with mango salsa, though.

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 184
Posted From: 68.255.114.69
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys must be kidding... Any ad featuring chimpazees is automatically the best ad.

Brown and bubbly has go to be the worst tag-line. And those Pepsi can ads were exceptionally bad.

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 351
Posted From: 68.61.118.126
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about the one with the guy who fries the fly with the defibrulator panel? That was classic.

"Yep, that killed him"

Jenay
Username: Jenay

Post Number: 144
Posted From: 68.41.224.19
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The sheep streaker and the Budweiser commercial where the horses were pushing the carriage for the baby horse. :-)

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 256
Posted From: 207.200.116.139
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The defib ad was #2 IMHO....the caveman ad for FedEx ripped me up. I give that the #1. Had days like that myself.
I guess the Bud ad with the pony trying to pull the Budweiser Wagon gets the #1 nod for "nice". It was cute.

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 202
Posted From: 12.207.6.192
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know, I was really disapointed in this years ad's. Many were not new at all, the Paul McCartney and the baby hummer, both ones I'd seen before. Maybe my expectations are high but shark says it best; "Any ad featuring chimpazees is automatically the best ad."
IMO we definately could of used more monkeys and girls, in that order.

Crash_nyc
Username: Crash_nyc

Post Number: 510
Posted From: 24.193.39.60
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Any ad featuring chimpazees is automatically the best ad."

Chimps are sooo 2000! (E-Trade 'We just wasted $2 million...' -- done, NEXT!)
I loved the shot of the chimp with the cigar & burning money, but that's it. Finished: NO MORE FUCKING CHIMPS! They're worn-out, like talking animals and babies (Quiznos spots make me want to shoot my television). Whatever happened to imagination? Most of the ads this this year flat-out sucked.

Something fresh and original...PLEASE!!!?

HOWEVER...
Hummer's 'Monsters' ad was hands-down, the best, most imaginative and creative commercial offering this year.
It was produced by "Modernista!", a small ad agency in Boston. I'd love to get a bag of whatever it was that they were smoking when they conceptualized this spot!

http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl

Czar
Username: Czar

Post Number: 2894
Posted From: 72.49.166.173
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The whole premise of a Bud Light commercial is wrong as no one in their right mind would get excited about drinking that piss beer.

Diet Pepsi ads were horrible. Jay Mohr and Puff Daddy? Could they find two more worthless pitchmen? Only Jimmy Kimmel would have been worse.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 476
Posted From: 68.42.176.123
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cavemen ad. By far the best. The Budwieser ads were also very good.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 2021
Posted From: 67.163.181.81
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought the escalade ad was visually striking.

The pony Bud ad was cute.

Other than that ... not much ... (I musta missed the hummer ad, don't remember it.)

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 2048
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The AmeriQuest commercials were very good...I loved the lady on the plane...funny. The Pepsi commercials sucked!

Island
Username: Island

Post Number: 11
Posted From: 207.91.212.254
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fedex cavemen. Also loved the Burger King women dressed as Whopper ingredients, jumping & flopping around on each other...should be an OrgyBurger on the menu soon.

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 422
Posted From: 136.1.1.154
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any commercial with donkeys wearing Dockers automatically gets my vote. Especially when the commercial isn't even related to Dockers.

Gogo
Username: Gogo

Post Number: 1192
Posted From: 198.208.251.23
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure why but I think I laughed the hardest for the one with the ringtones where the guy has a ring tone for every occassion.

Then the couch catches on fire and he stops to press a ring tone for a situation when your couch is on fire.

Everything else seemed very predictable. Lots of big production stuff just trying too hard, but not being especially clever.

(Message edited by gogo on February 06, 2006)

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8113
Posted From: 64.228.192.26
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget the Grizzly bear beer commercial (Bud light??) where the hiker steals the beer from his friend only to leave him with the pissed off bear...priceless!

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 667
Posted From: 68.42.170.20
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the best was the quick, simple, yet hillarious Kathy Griffen as the security agent scanning for the sierra mist. Pretty funny.

OH wait...the burger king commercial was pretty awesome too...

Quinn

Post Number: 668
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.whopperettes.com/in dex.html

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 68.42.171.59
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gogo,

That was my favorite too. My son and I got a big laugh with that one. I said to him that I should burn that song for his mom (inside divorce joke). :-)

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 73
Posted From: 66.238.170.34
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a "Lost" fan, I was really entertained with the Lost commercial featuring "Addicted to 'Lost'". What's really ironic about it is that ABC didn't even have to pay to get it on the air.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8117
Posted From: 64.228.192.26
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a link to the Superbowl commercials. Enjoy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/s tory/5305580?GT1=7840

Second, third, and fourth quarters are on the lower right of the page.

Cheguevara
Username: Cheguevara

Post Number: 42
Posted From: 63.115.132.100
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Full Throttle: Let Your Man Out"
[Ugh--keep them locked up, please]
Micky D's hampster mascot {huh?]
Whopper Ad as a Busby Berkey Musical [Lost on 90% of viewers]
Sierra Mist & Kathy Griffin as airport security [Now when I see Sierra Mist, I'll think of body cavity searches--not good]
Budlite Magic Fridge [Nice twist--but it's still BudLite]
Neanderthal FedEx [Expensive effects--but does it make me go out and use FedEx next time?]
Grizzly BudLite [Takin' a leak - missed it. But it's still BudLite]
Please, no more Diddy...Brown & Bubbly? Yipes.
Nemoy able to give finger(s) to Trekkies because of Alieve. eh...
Ameriquest & Paddles: "Don't judge too quickly." Not bad, and a word to the wise.
BudLite Guys on the roof: it's still BudLite
Kung-Fu Pepsi with Jackie Chan. Eh...
Streakin' lamb at prarie footbal game; interesting idea, but...it's still BudLite.
Mobile ESPN guy on phone, oblivious to all sports around him. So, this phone helps you ignore real-life expereinces? Bad logic.
Dove Self-esteem.com: Refreshing, for a good cause. Women will like it; men won't even remember it. Which means it hits its target market on the nose.
blablabla...
Go Daddy? They're still doing the brastrap thang? sheesh.
The Fusion Razor! Five Blades! Powered by a strange energy source! [Hey, I went to their setup in Greektown Friday and got shaved on stage Whoohoo!.] Razor's ok, I guess. Ad: teen men with fuzz will run to buy this shaving gadget.

--- after the Halftime show---

Sprint & the personal protection device. Some will find this funny. Some people were probably hit by a thrown cellphone last night, too. No sale here.
Fishnet stockings and Arby's. Sex sells, apparently...
Ameriquest & plane turbulance--another good version of "Don't judge too quickly"
Remember the Sharpie Retratable ad with the guy dressed as a pirate? I didn't think so.
The Clydesdale Colt ad ["I won't tell if you won't]. Hand me a Kleenix. Or, as one wag put it this morning on TV, this is just an ad to get kids to drink; "Gramps, Mom & Dad won't let me drink" "Here's a beer, grandson--I won't tell if you won't". Heh.
Fabio in a Nationwide ad? Huh?
Big Monster Luv Produces a Freakish Spawn: a Hummer. Got that one right.
blablabla...
Monkeys & Jackasses and CareerBuilder. Only >one< ad this year with monkeys?
Tacoma pickup washes ashore in rough surf--no dialog. Kinda liked this one, perhaps because there >wasn't< any dialogue.
Sprint's Music for all occasions: When the couch is burning, play Benny Hill's theme song.
Degree Deoderant. Professional stuntmen. Do not attempt at home. So why buy this stuff?
Druids & Emerald Nuts. I've tried these nuts. They're not as good as Planters....
Sir Paul & Fidelity. You'll never see screaming chimps or bustin' brastraps in an ad for a mutual fund.
blablabla...
Beer.com: beer is the thing that brings the world together? Better than totalitarianism, that's fer shure...
and the rest sucked even more.
Final take: fairly lame and somewhat uninspired set of ads, considering how much money was laid out. Two, maybe three standouts. And the one ad that actually might increase sales (remember, that sales thing?): Gillette Fusion. A battery-operated razor. the most visionary, imaginative ads don't always sell product. Thank goodness I'm not in advertising.

Wkl
Username: Wkl

Post Number: 64
Posted From: 204.212.159.1
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm - looking at Cheguevara's recap of commercials, I did see them all. Pretty lame year. The only ones I could remember this morning where the Fed-X cavemen and the Fusion razor (only because it reminded me of the old SNL parody with 15 blades).

BTW - Burger King needs to loose that creepy king in the plactic head.

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 426
Posted From: 192.85.50.1
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about the MasterCard McGuyver Commercial.. That one was hilarious!

Cheguevara
Username: Cheguevara

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 63.115.132.100
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops--only caught the tail end of that one (coming back from pitstop), couldn't comment on it. What was the "Priceless" line on that one? Let me guess the runup to it...
("One liter baking soda bomb: $2.50. Swiss Army knife: $14.95. Fourteen jumper cables, five pounds of raw tripe and a color Xerox of Paris Hilton: $87.24....)

Quinn

Post Number: 670
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I LOVE the creepy king. Long live the creepy king!

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 963
Posted From: 136.2.1.153
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the creepy king, too... mainly because he's a life-size version of the 1970's Burger King cartoon guy. And the bit with him stuggling down the field and falling into the end zone is quite good.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.