Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Working Ford Field « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cris
Username: Cris

Post Number: 349
Posted From: 71.227.26.44
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, some of you might remember me but I haven't posted much in a long time. Sometimes when my life gets too hectic I have to drop out of a few things and, while I always loved this forum, I inadvertently let it slip by the wayside. But I've been reading/lurking here lately and I wanted to let you know that I still sell beer at Ford Field and I'll be there at the Super Bowl. I was wondering if anyone else here will actually be inside at the game this Sunday. We still run our beer booth there, but I'm told I'll be serving the "foreign press" during this game so I'm not sure if I'll get to see anyone.

Anyway... You would not believe the security level for workers at this game!!! In order to work Sunday, everyone involved in our booth had to be photographed and we had consent to background checks. Six of our people were actually refused to be allowed to work this game after the background checks were done, believe it or not. We don't know why, although four of them are either Canadian citizens or married to a Canadian citizen, so we think that might have something to do with it... since none of them have any felonies or anything like that in their backgrounds. Wow.

On Sunday morning, I'll be checking in at a location at WSU to begin a 16 hour day. We will go through a total of six different security checks before we can get to our booth in Ford Field. We're told not to expect to get out of there before midnight. But even with all that, I am still looking forward to it... I think... :-)

Thanks, everyone, for all the links to articles around the world you've been posting here. It's interesting (and usually inspiring) to see how we are coming off to others who don't have the built-in Detroit love that the rest of us have.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 827
Posted From: 146.9.52.17
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn Canadians....can't trust any of them, or their spouses!

Cris

Post Number: 351
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weird, isn't it? As for the other two who were refused, we have no idea what's going on there. I don't know about one of them, but the other is a cute 22-year-old girl, lifelong Michigan resident, with absolutely nothing in her background that would make her suspicious. She is curious about why they turned her away, especially since she is going to school to become a cop!

Crew

Post Number: 829
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has she ever been to Windsor? That might be it.

Cris

Post Number: 352
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL!! Hey, wait... I've been to Windsor... now I'm feeling left out.....

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6661
Posted From: 198.208.159.20
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She once bought a Cuban cigar in Windsor. GWB has spies everywhere.

Crew

Post Number: 830
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she must be a commie.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.