Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Real World rumormongerer Restoretheroar ... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1353
Posted From: 68.250.205.35
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations! You are mentioned in this month's HOUR Detroit as the originator of the "Real World is coming to Royal Oak" rumor.

Walk into the downtown Borders and check it out, page 30:

quote:

It may have all been started by "Restoretheroar."

In an exhaustive search of Internet forums and blogs, that's the ID of the founding author of Detroit's favorite rumor since those unproven tales of wild parties at the Manoogian mansion.

"Was informed last night by some friends that MTV is planning on doing a Real World Detroit," "Restoretheroar" wrote on detroityes.com on May 25. "The cast will live in the skylofts in Royal Oak and their jobs will be with the Super Bowl committee."

Y'all can check out the rest yourself, I'm tired of typing. Detroit.metblogs.com got a mention as well.

PS - Sorry if this was mentioned before. I didn't bother to do a search.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 478
Posted From: 69.246.5.196
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So there's truth to "journalist" getting ideas for their articles off of this message board.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 33
Posted From: 63.171.81.135
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad this forum is almost nearly as bad as Trudy from Drew and Mike with regards to how accurate and how exaggerated the facts are about most subjects discussed here. Sure journalists get ideas off this message board but a competent one would not dare pulls facts from a board like this.

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 326
Posted From: 68.250.97.237
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I havent listened to Drew & Mike in a long time, but I always wondered why her news stories could never be found ANYWHERE else, at least not exactly how she told them.

DetroitYES, the rumor mill for an entire metropolitan area!

Restoretheroar
Username: Restoretheroar

Post Number: 653
Posted From: 192.193.221.142
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah I read that last week- got a good chuckle out of it. I guess people have already seen cameras in Royal Oak- possibly doing pre-filming for scene shots that they might use.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2219
Posted From: 71.144.118.89
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In defense of Restoretheroar, MTV's employment page has Detroit listed under its locations (all former or current cities where the show has been, except DET of course).

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 779
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where you find that at Metro???

Monahan568
Username: Monahan568

Post Number: 122
Posted From: 64.32.219.138
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i posted earlier that there wasn't a mention of detroit on here but now i see it...if you go to the job search page and click on locations detroit comes up...no jobs though. but how is that a big deal? that still doesn't mean that stupid show is coming here...

Mtv job search site = https://jobhuntweb.viacom.com/ jobhunt/main/jobhome.asp

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2240
Posted From: 68.248.9.33
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monahan, it implies that the show will come to Detroit at some point in the immediate future, hence validating Restoretheroar. Note two things. One, all other cities listed hosted/are currently hosting the show. Two, given the number of Super Bowl (related) projects that fell through, it is entirely plausible that the show was one of them.

Monahan568
Username: Monahan568

Post Number: 125
Posted From: 64.32.219.138
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that might not be entirely true, look at it this way: that website is not just used for MTV purposes, its a job search engine for everything having to do with Viacom entertainment. i.e. SpikeTV, Nick, Vh1, CMT and all that other junk etc. It doesn't specifically back up any rumor about a RO real world because jobs listed under the "detroit listings" could come from any one of those other channels...just simply stating what i see..but thanks for clarifying what you ment, M

(Message edited by monahan568 on January 26, 2006)

Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2242
Posted From: 69.221.95.222
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point Monahan, however, if memory serves me correctly, the Detroit job (no longer listed) was for some type of position that is specifically involved in the production of shows.

This was interesting as well...

"Detroit-area production jobs posted for a "major cable network" reality series"

http://www.realityblurred.com/ realitytv/archives/the_real_wo rld/2006_Jan_19_detroit_job_ad s

Courtney
Username: Courtney

Post Number: 93
Posted From: 69.221.68.87
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The MTV/Viacom jobs lists North Carolina as a job location as well, which hasn't had a RW unless I was just so traumatised by the whole thought of the RW that I blocked it from my head.

I'd be more inclined to buy the rumor if the job posting had been for Bunim Murray Productions, which does the production work for the RW.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9818
Posted From: 64.118.137.228
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who gives a rat's ass about MTV Real World anyways?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.