Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Prostitutes « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Devolian
Username: Devolian

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 69.136.144.231
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

I live around the area of 7 Mile & Telegraph, right on the edge of our great city. I've been living in Detroit now for two years with few grievences other than the rampant prostitution which is evident everywhere. Prostitutes don't keep themselves restricted to the main roads - they walk the neighborhoods, usually in the road, just dying for the 20 bucks to get some rock. It's pretty sad to see the number of females who have degenerated themselves to this state of being... to sell themselves for a little self-gratification.

Here is my general synopsis of our typical prostitute:

-White, 30 - 40 years old
-Addicted to crack/cocaine and/or heroin

What irks me the most is seeing the cars drive up down my street, looking for the solo female straddling the road. These (typically asian) men drive from all over metro detroit knowing that it is easy to catch some lovin' on my block. It is mostly familys living on my block, with few renters.

The number of prostitutes walking the streets has definately increased since the closing of the Eighth precinct. I've talked to prostitutes who say that ever since the princinct closing, things have been getting worse and worse. The Detroit Police have better things to do then to drive around picking up prostitutes and the people that support them. Sure, at one point in time, every prostitute has been picked up by black & white, entered in the system, and let go. It costs too much to lock them up, and the police can't deal with the liability of injuries or false arrests.

Lately, everytime I see a prostitute about to hop in someone's car, I walk outside of my house with my cell phone up to my ear. I walk directly behind the car and pretend to give the plate number to the police - the car usually speeds off with the girl being disgruntled. "Why don't you mind your own business!" she yells.

I really can't see any way to rid the neighborhood of this problem.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 952
Posted From: 68.248.15.192
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As the world's 'oldest profession', it will never go away. As Peter Tosh would say, Legalize It!

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1445
Posted From: 70.236.181.70
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the board, Devolian. Another great thing that works, besides the cell phone trick, is to snap a couple of digital photos of the offending prostitutes and their customers.

Post the photos and descriptions on-line and, with a bit of luck, you've not only deterred the customer from coming back but you'll keep other ones from entering an area where they know they'll get photographed.

The prostitutes will unquestionably be upset with you. At that point, I'd offer them a free bus ticket out of town.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1638
Posted From: 216.203.223.89
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what? They closed the 8th Precinct?
So what precinct serves my old part of town now?
We're getting shafted in SW Detroit too, they closed 4th, and I've heard reports that our new pubic safety mall will not have police operating out of it...
It's hard to imagine ho's operating outta that neighborhood, When I was in HS I worked at Mr Tony's subs on 7 just W. of Tele..
To start, you and your neigjbors should start making videotapes of these folks...

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 622
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 4th(Fort Green) did close. the new Public safety mall (from my understanding will be one of the most staffed precincts in Detroit. The 3rd precinct will be closing and the officers from over there will be sent to the SW Justice doohickey.

This prostitution think is running rampant and you can see them everywhere. I wonder what percentage of suburbanites are coming to Detroit to do their dirty deeds???

Devolian

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, instead of shooting down grand river a mile to book someone, the police have to go all the way down to Plymouth / Southfield. Taking pictures would be a good idea, I'll have to think about that

Broken_main

Post Number: 625
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a little confused. i thought the 8th remained open. I certainly question the choices made concerning the precinct shutdowns.

Devolian

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, the 8th is closed, and has been now for some time.

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/po lice/

Broken_main

Post Number: 632
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...i was just over there to get my haircut in the next block. They must have been moving cars from the station the other day. I sure thought it was still open.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 1551
Posted From: 68.84.183.189
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I grew up in that neighborhood. It's still a good neighborhood with some really solid citizens still living there. I hadn't been there in a few years and hadn't known the prostitution to have ramped up that much. I'm really saddened to hear it's gone downhill with the influx of the working girls though. I really hope that there's some solution for chasing them off those streets- I hope the "photographing" of them will work; it sounds great and maybe other people in the neighborhood will help with this as well.

I do remember coming up Telegraph about twenty years ago during a snowstorm and remembered seeing a woman walking across from the ol' Topinka's Country House. Naively, I couldn't help but think that this was some poor woman with a stranded car somewhere and she walking to find a gas station to make a phone call (this was pre-cell phone days). So instead of heading straight home like a good lad, I decided to pull a Michigan left, loop back and see if this woman needed a lift. I pulled up alongside, rolled down my window and asked if she needed a ride. Needless to say she offered ME a ride (of a different sort!) for $20. I quickly sped out off and felt so sorry for that woman. She was out there in that blowing snow in a thin jacket trudging up Telegraph just trying to make a buck the hard way. Lord knows whatever happened to her but what a sad existence.

My2cents
Username: My2cents

Post Number: 119
Posted From: 24.253.67.62
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmm...........supply comes to mind, eh?

Devolian

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you mean, supply? Supply & demand? Both have balanced nicely to create a perfect market.

Smogboy: The area I live in is still a solid area. As long as you're not stupid and don't leave things outside unlocked or chained up, you will be fine. Lot's of old timers on my block, and I especially enjoy talking with the man across the street who has been living there since 1931, when it was all farm.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 135
Posted From: 71.227.95.4
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unless you're without family and packing I would not suggest harassing hookers or their customers. This is a very shady business and these types of people have no respect for the law or anyone else. My suggestions would be to 1. Make sure all your street lights are functioning. 2. Start a neighborhood watch and post metal signs stating that drugs and prostitution are not welcome in your neighborhood and that you will call the police (make sure they are visible from passing cars and high enough that they are difficult to tear down).An even better method would be to install fake cameras or even just post that there are cameras in the area. Scare away the customers and the girls will move on.

Dag
Username: Dag

Post Number: 157
Posted From: 69.241.254.67
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of the methods that I have heard of being successful in other cities stems from the involvement of our community and spiritual organizations. If you are noticing the problem of the flesh trade then more than likely so are the other people who live in your immediate neighborhood. More than likely, these are the same people who are a part of your congregation and they would have a very strong vested interest not from just a social and living standpoint but also from a spiritual standpoint.

The trick, I am told, is for two things to happen. You need an outpouring of support, not only vocally but the actual physical manifestation of support as well: monies, people, resources, etc. The support that you have will allow for you to sustain whatever successes you have. It is imperative that you also have the support and knowledge of the police as well. Inform them of what you are attempting to do and let them know of your meetings and implore them to attend.

Secondly, you need publicity. Publicity comes from all sorts whether it be in the form of television or newspaper reporters to simple spreading of flyers and knocking on doors. It is the publicity that will allow for your support stream to be sustained and allow for the “ladies” and their “callers” to know that your neighborhood is an area to avoid.

These are just simple words coming from a simple man though.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 225
Posted From: 68.43.81.191
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Expect a massive temporary influx of prostitutes for the Super Bowl.

The Sheriff's Dept has been stepping up prostitution busts. The best deterrent again is simply $$$. The police can impound the cars of the johns, and it costs $900 to get it back from the impound. Add to that lawyers fees and any fine imposed by the court, and that $20 BJ you were hoping to score has just turned into a $1400 mistake. Make the risks not worth the reward.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 76
Posted From: 69.242.223.42
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The trick, I am told, is for two things to happen..."

What kind of "trick" are we talking about?

Dag
Username: Dag

Post Number: 158
Posted From: 69.241.254.67
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oy vey. I set myself up for that replete with plenty of ammo for all.

Skipp
Username: Skipp

Post Number: 64
Posted From: 24.192.6.193
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This sounds kind of crazy, but i would set up some kind of flashing light on my porch, and when i see the shit happening, plug the light in and start walking out to the sidewalk with a bull horn and start harassing them. I couldn't see why those type would want to buisnes with that going on. I'm sure the neighborhood would put up with this a few times, rather then having hookers.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3029
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A flashing light? What are you trying to do, give a hooker a seizure? :-)

Devinc
Username: Devinc

Post Number: 13
Posted From: 69.14.138.74
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where exactly do you live? All of my Asian friends are looking for some hookers.

(Message edited by devinc on January 16, 2006)

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 998
Posted From: 68.61.183.223
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The picture thing sounds like your best bet... Just make sure the neighborhood does it too... or you might be singled out by some unwanted company...

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 77
Posted From: 24.176.50.206
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bj's aren't $20, I was offered one on 8 mile for $7 just recently.

Smogboy

Post Number: 1552
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"bj's aren't $20, I was offered one on 8 mile for $7 just recently."

What? Obviously not a bulk rate.

Oooo... bad puns galore there!

It just goes to show you how desperate these people are to get a few bucks for their drug fixes.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 7
Posted From: 129.9.163.106
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Michigan/livernois area is lousy with ho's, and occasionally Grand River between telegraph and Five points (motel Winston, your ho HQ). We see it, the cops don't.

Corktownmark
Username: Corktownmark

Post Number: 147
Posted From: 68.61.194.191
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To bad Detroit hasn't found a way to move this stuff to non residential areas and away from places we live with our families.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 860
Posted From: 69.246.13.131
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^Troy? Big Beaver would be a natural place.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 602
Posted From: 68.21.62.206
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We might as well slide all the homeless shelters, drug treatment clinics, and state-aid programs out that way, too.

I noticed Stephenson Highway has alot of available space for lease...

Skamour14
Username: Skamour14

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 24.11.209.163
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know what the real problem is nowadays.... thes HO's dont really look at all that good, i mean hey if you really want to get some action then go and work in bazoukis or something... I mean i've been in there a few times, most recently with a friend and we got solicited for some good old fashioned "play time" all for a little more than 20 bucks, and you know what, she stays right there, and where i live the hookers work the streets, and the whatnot, they dont care what you do even if you do it a thousand times theyre very persistant, and if you go and take pictures then they go and get the man who supplies the drugs and he gets with you, because your messing with his trade, and now you dont want to go do all that now do you! I just know from hanging out and paying attention, one of these days some folks that i know who read this site will be in the wrong place @ the wrong time and get themsleves hurt, possibally even killed because they got no common sense in dealing and going where all of this happens, And it really dont matter but i know I wouldnt want to see all of that!

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1968
Posted From: 69.246.4.29
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like Fnemecek's idea. Post a sign in YOUR yard that says we photograph suspected "johns" and share that with the police...get some neighbors to do it to. I am all for radical tactics. And yes lets legalize...it ain't going to go away.

Broken_main

Post Number: 636
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Legalize it them tax em. That could work. Get the health department involved and make sure they have the streethookin permits with them to do their work. I can see the the boys in blue checking out the goods to make sure they are up to code!!!

Skamour14

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well spoken... well spoken

Smogboy

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I sometimes think about the Heidelberg Project and some of the radical means that Tyree Guyton had to go through in order to get the ugliness off of his street.

Ericdfan
Username: Ericdfan

Post Number: 65
Posted From: 68.41.117.60
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand that it is legal in most of europe..The difference between the HO's here and there is that there they have a designated area of town where they hang out..and they stay there..If we legalized it here they would be all over the fricken place..They don't have enuf restraint over here...I don't really want a how walking up to me every 5 minutes and asking me if I want a "good time".

Broken_main

Post Number: 638
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Waaaaay back in the day the spoke of a legalized "red zone" comparable to the red light district in Boston, I believe. The attitude toward creating this district was...all is fair in the red zone. So it really meant if you got hurt or killed in the area, it would havebeen your own fault. Ironically the area was slated to be the area in which the stadia are located on today. As of late we are the only ones getting pimped by the local sports teams that reside there.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 79
Posted From: 148.61.248.29
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

most criminals wouldn't go into the red zone either, but yea, a small strech of area where prostitution would be legal would be good.

but even though that would never happen, I hope the hoe problem in that neighborhood gets better. The ideas so far seem like they would work.

Broken_main

Post Number: 641
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well these ho's are only hoing in the neighbor hood because they want to be near the neighborhood crackhouse.

Case in point...

There is a a crackhouse, 2 doors down from where i live now. It has been raided 6 times in the past 2 years. I have known the family thatowns the house most of my life. They let the daughter just seize the house and run them out. The daughter has been to jail twice and beat up a few times.

They busted her last week so that is the 7th time. everytime they bust the house we get aletter in the mail stating that the house has been busted and wioll be seized the next time they find activity at the house. We have 5 of these postcards now.
forget about all of that. The prostitutes are now walking down my street, doing their business and then getting dropped off at the house to get drugs. on many ocassion i can see the same ho come and go in that house up to 10 times a day. I see a lot of Arabic/Chaldean men dropping them off at this house.

These guys are probably coming form dearborn which is just a few blocks south of me.

we as neighbors have banded to rid our neighborhood of this house as it has been a growing cancer. I see Mackenzie HS students come there daily, the prostitutes and the neighborhood theives. You know the ones that will steal two hubcaps off of every car on the street. These men that steal and rob are deserving of their own thread.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1639
Posted From: 66.2.148.187
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Broken,
Have you or neighbors referred that house to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Drug Forfeiture Unit? Or are the postcards from some other gov't agency?
If WCP has not been notified, try dropping an email to this guy:
sshollac@co.wayne.mi.us
Where there's organized neighbors, there's an eventual end to the problem...

Broken_main

Post Number: 651
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes we have. we even submitted the names of the thieves, the drug runners(area crackheads) and the license plates to the county. The county has raided the place twice. Whats so funny is that 3 times it was raided she wasn't even in the house, its as if she knew she was being raided.

About a year ago, one of the crackheads delivered a baby and allegedly flushed it down the toilet. I can't see how this could happen unless she chopped the baby up. Its so sad.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 723
Posted From: 69.221.39.118
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How can a family let a daughter "just seize the house and run them out" ...I mean..???

Broken_main

Post Number: 652
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ask the same thing to myself. And the family has owned this house for at least 35 years. her father ended up buying a house in Rosedale. He was the one who allowed her to move in and eventually take over the house. I hope he didn't think he was helping her. after she was busted one time, he and the family came in and redid the entire house. I was horrified after I saw the way the house looked. This house used to be one of the best on the block. I may take a picture of it tomorrow and put it on he forum and see if I can dig up some old photos of it when it was immaculate.

Skamour14

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just like crazy trash... glad i dont have the same problem... fell sorry for those of you that do.. what a shame, but I always say...HELLO If you want better then save up, move out to the better neighborhood, so you dont have to subject yourself to all of that, You only put up with it because your just being lazy, get out , and wait till some rich mogual comes in, buys a few houses and justified gentrification starts to happen, till then I say waft in the crackness of your decision

Broken_main

Post Number: 654
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 2:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well actually, i am closing on a condo near downtown Detroit. i am committed to staying in the city. as long as i work for the city, i will live in the city. The house I stay in is my mothers(and my childhood home) I do fear that once I leave the vandals will notice that I am not in the house anymore and begin to break in(just like they did before I moved in with her.

It is very sad that I know this may happen. tha is why I am trying to rid the street of this problem befor i leave.

Devolian

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just flipping through the BBC and came across this article:

Prostitution 'crackdown' unveiled
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_ news/4619098.stm

Sounds like a good program. I wish our city had the resources to do programs like this. I can't blame our officers at all - Few months ago I had to call 911 because of a pitbull attack, and the police took over an hour to show up saying they were over 20 calls behind. They can only do so much with the allocated resources.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1446
Posted From: 70.236.165.104
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Few months ago I had to call 911 because of a pitbull attack, and the police took over an hour to show up saying they were over 20 calls behind. They can only do so much with the allocated resources.

Amen!

Hopefully, once Super Bowl XL has passed into the history books, we as Detroiters can have a very serious conversation about what needs to happen in the neighborhoods.

Downtown is moving along very well as is the Cultural Center area. It's time to start focusing on the rest of Detroit.

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 87
Posted From: 206.81.45.34
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prostitute Laundry

I may be a pimp, but I ain't washin' my ho's
(ahh... prostitutes)
Prostitute Laundry!
I may be a pimp, but I ain't washin' my ho's
(ahh... prostitutes)
Prostitute Laundry!

I'm tired of their garter belts and their panty hose
I might be their pimp but I ain't washin' my ho's
I've been to the laundrymat enough times to know
Prostitutes sure got some dirty clothes!

I'm their Sugar Daddy not their laundry man!
(ahh... prostitutes)
Prostitute Laundry!
I think I found some stains that I can't understand!
(ahh... prostitutes)
Prostitute Laundry!

Observant2art
Username: Observant2art

Post Number: 191
Posted From: 209.104.139.161
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is so much prostitution going on that there are trans-gender men doing it now. I believe that it is ridiculous, no matter if it is male or female. Palmer Park area is the prime place were I see alot of those trans-gender men walking down Woodward with shorts that look like panties. (DISGUSTING)
I hate to see people in these situations, some choose to be this way as if it is the right thing to do. I know this for a fact because I used to catch the Woodward bus to the 6 Mile bus stop. So much of it is still going on. I have passed the 6 Mile and Woodward area going to work in Livonia and I have seen a He/She in the corner. How pathetic! Its so much of that going on in other states and I agree with GDUB, its the OLDEST PROFESSION!
How do people deal with themselves?

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3398
Posted From: 67.103.104.93
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Lately, everytime I see a prostitute about to hop in someone's car, I walk outside of my house with my cell phone up to my ear. I walk directly behind the car and pretend to give the plate number to the police - the car usually speeds off with the girl being disgruntled.

Uhh....why not ACTUALLY call? Get the tag numbers on record at least.

Devolian

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skulker: I've called plenty of times. The police don't show, and they can't do anything without actually witnessing the john getting in the car and exchanging money. I've talked with the P.D. and it is very hard to bust people for prostitution.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6452
Posted From: 198.208.159.20
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suggest a Detroityes plan for your neighborhood.

We all come to your area with digital cameras. Each time a john comes in we get some pictures and then follow that specific john home. Get the address, then mail the pictures or stop by and see if his family members are interested in seeing the pictures.

We can also drop off some of the pictures in neighbors mail boxes. If DPD can't get there we can start an all out campaign to embarass these people in their respective communities.

Observant2art
Username: Observant2art

Post Number: 192
Posted From: 209.104.139.161
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Devolian, Isn't prostitution legal in Canada?
If it is, I wouldn't necessary say that they have it made, it's just PATHETIC.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 342
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many "working girls" carry razor blades between their fingers so they can quickly slash a dangerous customer. Don't get too near to the hands.

Devolian

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prostitution should be legalized, taxed, and kept to a certain area of the city.

Crack dealers should be exterminated or shipped to an uninhibited island somewhere.

Crack users should enter a year+ long rehabilitation program and released to another city far away.

Repeat criminals should be send to the uninhibited island as well, i suppose.

Health care should be nationalized.

A massive redistribution of weath is needed in the U.S., so that the top 10% don't own 60%.

Just my rants...

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Uhh....why not ACTUALLY call? Get the tag numbers on record at least.

I concur with Skulker on this one. I doubt anything will happen, but it's very good to document everything.

The Warrendale Community Organization routinely documents 100+ cases of illegal dumping and such in the neighborhood every month and turns them in to DPD.

If nothing else, it will make it more difficult for the politicians to ignore the issue after SBXL.

quote:

I suggest a Detroityes plan for your neighborhood.

A fine idea. BTW - y'all are also welcome to come to Warrendale with your digital cameras. Why should I be the only one having all the fun?

http://warrendale.blogspot.com /

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 343
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek: what happens to the list that you turn over to the DPD. I ask because I sent a letter about an urgent neighborhood matter to the Chief of Police on December 12 and have not has the slightest response. On January 3 I sent a copy of that letter to the Chairperson of the Board of Police Commissioners and asked for soemone to respond. But, so far, nothing.

I am concerned that this is how the CoD does business - just ignore even serious, professional communication.

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So far, the list hasn't produced any measurable results. However, as you continue doing it, it eventually builds up enough public pressure that DPD and the Mayor are forced to act.

Regarding your letter, more than likely it was routed to someone else within DPD for a response. I recommend sending a copy of it to Chief Cummings along with a cover letter reminding her that you haven't heard from her.

Psip

Post Number: 874
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While the car owner is being "serviced" paint his car orange.
:-)

The more I think about it, IF you can sneak up on the car, paint the licensee plate day glow orange. The will certainly attract the attention of the police as they are driving. (and they wouldn't know why they are stopped.) I am sure a lot of illegal substances would be found too.
It’s just a little way of showing the customers of the trades that someone is watching them.

A whole new form of tagging

(Message edited by Psip on January 17, 2006)

Dodgemain
Username: Dodgemain

Post Number: 78
Posted From: 68.41.191.58
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You could do it with war game paint guns from a distance.

Psip

Post Number: 875
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remote control painter.
Tagging from the comfort of your easy chair with little chance of getting caught.
Remote

With the proper tools you can accomplish this,
Car

What Police person wouldn't want to stop this clown driving down the street?

Corktownmark
Username: Corktownmark

Post Number: 148
Posted From: 68.61.194.191
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PSIP you have solved the problem ^^^^ now who will bell the cat.

Dodgemain
Username: Dodgemain

Post Number: 79
Posted From: 68.41.191.58
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PSIP, now that this is solved, can we adapt this to go after the remaining CIA Mindboxes?

Psip

Post Number: 878
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will have to put on my thinking cap on.
Tin Foil
^^^ not really me :-)

Paulj
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 325
Posted From: 70.233.5.39
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skulkers notion is the right one, however my experience of the reality in this town tells me not to waste my breath.

-Paulj, who after being *shot* at phoned 911 and was asked 'what do you want me to do? you need to go to the precinct and make a report!'

Maybe someday, in post-SBXL Detroit, we can all live in a city where one calls the police and they show up in a somewhat timely manner. I've reported a burglary in progress, several thefts, a few aggressive/drunk/open intox drivers, and even my shooting incident to 911 in my years here. On the occasions where I did actually get graced by the presence of a boy in blue, I was *still* told to go down to the precinct & make my report there (except on the burglary in progress, to be fair). I have enough case numbers over here to fill the S section of the phone book, and have never, ever recieved a call back from an investigator.

my final conclusion? Either go the 'pack-a-piece' route, or stay outta the way... And short of alerting a vocal/well organized neighborhood group or ruth-to-the-rescue, fhagettabout your prostitution woes as they fall way off to the side of the radar screen in this place. My house is on the market if anyones looking...

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 85
Posted From: 69.242.223.42
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is that callsign on his shirt - KO2UFO? .-.-. ... -.-

Fnemecek

Post Number: 1458
Posted From: 69.212.229.100
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip:
If anyone starts manufacturing those painting remote control cars, I'll buy them. I could use them, not only for tagging johns but drug dealers & buyers as well.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3410
Posted From: 68.73.192.149
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hoes gotta eat, wanna get high/drunk (can you spell: cheap (FSC) beer), & pay bills like everyone else ....

btw: what's difference between a Ho & your (soccer-mom) Wife that gets that new washer/dryer, etc. or that girl/boy friend that gets the free dinners, etc.????

LMBAO

Black-atcha ....

Bostedguy
Username: Bostedguy

Post Number: 333
Posted From: 68.61.196.140
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What an idiotic post.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 912
Posted From: 198.111.56.128
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew a guy who got assigned to vice, and volunteered to go undercover on 8 Mile as a He/She prostitute. He ended up liking it, immediately retired, and he's still out there.

I've been propositioned on 8 mile, 11 mile, Macomb Mall, Mt. Clemens....it's not just a city problem, but johns know the over-all risk of getting caught is much lower in the city.

There used to be a dwarf who worked steady at Woodward & Clay. She'd get right on the floor and let you keep driving if you had a tilt wheel.

I think there are more women out there than just hookers who would be interested in some type of "sex for money" arrangement. I've been hearing of some strange tales from the front lately. Legalize it.

Broken_main

Post Number: 666
Posted From: 69.136.139.223
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ummmm..Bongman...sounds like you put yourself out there buddy!!!

Xphillipjrx
Username: Xphillipjrx

Post Number: 112
Posted From: 68.75.240.133
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somebody should start a blog, shoot pictures of johns' cars and post them there. Unfortunately, people are always looking to jump on the latest bad press out of the D. Use this to your advantage and have people from around the country logging on to look for the latest posts.

Whatever happened to the City's cable access program where they showed faces of busted johns?

Broken_main

Post Number: 671
Posted From: 69.136.139.223
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember that...It was called John TV. Thatwas one of the funniest shows.

Compn
Username: Compn

Post Number: 51
Posted From: 65.29.121.215
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

why not mail the channel 2 problem solvers if you cant get a response from DPD about the crack house?

http://www.fox2detroit.com/dynamic/story.asp?category=59

(Message edited by compn on January 23, 2006)

Broken_main

Post Number: 745
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just might do that. The other night another "john" getting his BJ so the crackhead ho could get another hit. 3 weeks and i am out of this neighborhood.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.