Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » MLK HS students stabbed in school parking lot « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 587
Posted From: 68.76.202.10
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to one of our Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School interns here at work, two female students were stabbed in the school parking lot after class today. Students say the stabbing was by the hand of a parent.

Students reported a verbal argument broke out among two schoolgirls, then was escalated by the involvment of their respective friends. When the argument finally moved to the parking lot, a parent of one of the girls got involved and lunged at three female students. One of three girls was just knicked by the weapon.

More to come...

Chow
Username: Chow

Post Number: 233
Posted From: 68.42.171.71
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps this would explain the two helicopters hovering over the east riverfront around 4-4:30 today. I was at Belle Isle enjoying the weather and the just kept circling over MLK's general area.

Gary
Username: Gary

Post Number: 105
Posted From: 69.221.66.92
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I caught this story on the 5:30 news. According to Channel 4, three girls were beating on one girl. The mother of the girl who ws being beaten was there to pick her daughter up from school, she saw what was going on and came to her rescue. What a sad story. I certainly hope the injured girls will make a complete recovery, but I'm not going to be too quick to judge this mother who was obviously trying to protect her child. I wonder how I would react under similar circumstances.

Bertz
Username: Bertz

Post Number: 489
Posted From: 68.61.15.89
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know when I'm pissed the first thing I grab is a knife.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 612
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 4:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know how protective I am over my children as well. This parent obviously saw that her child was being beat upon by a group of girls and did what she felt was necessary.

Just last week while driving down West Chicago at Wyoming, I saw two high schoolers begin fight while at the light. They were all in the street and traffic was stopped. The smaller of the two fighters was beating the taller one down. Apparently, the kids(taller) mother was at the light and must have noticed that this was her son getting beat up. She got out of the car and told him to get in the car. by this time traffic was backed up everywhere.

While i don't usually like to get involved with these situation, I did notice that she was having a hard time getting her son in the car. He was frustrated that he had just lost a fight. A city bus driver assisted in getting the boy in the car.He had figured that if we didn't get this out of the way he would never get this bus out of the intersection.

Meanwhile, the ladies son was trying to beat everybody up now(pride really set in) and he threatened to beat another student down(or better yet, he was asking for another beatdown). This other student(a male) threatened the mother and pulled out a knife on her. By now i'm like "Sh*t, i knew this would happened" The mother screamed at him saying "How you gonnna try and get some rep off of somebody elses fight and somebodies momma" She politely disarmed the knife wielding student with her club and beat him down. The police came and asked questions and took him away.

End of story.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3641
Posted From: 207.74.110.109
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More crazy folks making a fool of themselves in Detroit.

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 66
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Surely the mom could have broken up the fight instead of getting involved. Now her azz is going to jail and who is going to protect her child then. You have to think, I am over-protected of my child as while. But stabbing children because of some stupid fight. THINK!!!!

Skulker
Username: Skulker

Post Number: 3376
Posted From: 67.103.104.93
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I know when I'm pissed the first thing I grab is a knife.

You must be Canadian.

REAL Americans grab a gun. Why do love terrorists so much?

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 3188
Posted From: 65.222.10.3
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dayum, gots to be keepin it real!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.