Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Visitors not wowed by Detroit cleanup « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cavanagh
Username: Cavanagh

Post Number: 23
Posted From: 199.95.214.99
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-From today's Free Press: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=2005601110304

Detroit's gritty image wasn't built in a day.

Cleaning it up will certainly take time, too.

This week, as more than 6,800 journalists worldwide made the pilgrimage to the city during the media preview of the 2006 North American International Auto Show at Cobo Center -- as they do every January -- many say the newly spiffed-up Detroit shows early signs of progress. But many say it's not enough to impress an international audience next month when the city hosts Super Bowl XL.

While some fuss has been made about Detroit's frosty winters since it was named a Super Bowl host city, auto show media echoed other concerns this week about violence, bad roads and other negative perceptions that have plagued Detroit for years.

Andreas Vollbach, a television producer for a German automotive show, said Monday that Detroit's progress -- such as the freshly paved and landscaped stretch of I-94 between Metro Airport and downtown Detroit -- is barely noticeable because there's so much more work to be done in the city.

"There are still a lot of empty houses and buildings," said Vollbach, who made his seventh visit to the show. "And it's amazing how bad the roads are -- there are holes in the streets and you'd never see that in Germany. It's still not one of the U.S.'s prettier cities."

Meanwhile, other journalists expressed some signs of hope for the Detroit area. "I thought there were more problems but it's more organized and cleaner than I remember it," said Relato Rossi, an auto and technology reporter in Brazil, who has been to the show seven times. The reactions of journalists like Vollbach and Rossi offer insight for the city because news coverage play a pivotal role in shaping public perception of a Super Bowl host city. In the past, some journalists have made blasting Super Bowl host cities a sport, including last year's host city of Jacksonville, Fla.

"The media's perceptions are incredibly important," said Renee Monforton, a spokeswoman for the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau.

The Super Bowl XL Host Committee has been on a mission to convince members of the media -- as many as 3,200 of whom are expected to be in town for Super Bowl -- that it's a great time in Detroit, in keeping with the city's longtime mantra. The host committee has met with journalists from Sports Illustrated, the New York Times, ABC-TV, the Wall Street Journal and USA Today to plead Detroit's case.

This week, in the media lounge on the third floor of Cobo Center, the Super Bowl committee, along with the Detroit Regional Chamber and Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau, staffed a table covered with Detroit and Super Bowl scarves, drinking glasses and other paraphernalia. A dark brown wicker basket filled with business cards from journalists vying for an opportunity to get a Detroit souvenir sat at the end of the table.

Additionally, there were packets with 12 Super Bowl story ideas for journalists to pursue, such as "Embracing the Cold -- Detroit Only Northern City to Host a Super Bowl Twice," "The City that Put the World on Wheels" and "$3 billion Pumped into Detroit," which suggests that journalists might want to report on Detroit's major development projects in the last five years, including two new stadiums and the $20-million renovation of Campus Martius downtown.

Tammy Carnrike, executive vice president of the Detroit Regional Chamber, said she has heard only positive comments from journalists who stopped by the table at Cobo. She pointed out that "part of the media experience is about hospitality and how well they're treated. We want to make sure that goes well."

Even with the additional attention the host committee has paid to the media, this sometimes-cynical group can be a tough crowd to convince. Adding to that, many journalists who cover Detroit's auto show during media previews spend their days at lavish events thrown by auto companies at Cobo and are shuttled straight to their hotels afterward. Many don't venture out into the city.

"We've heard it's too dangerous to go out downtown," said Hsun-Chang Chien, a Taiwanese journalist who has been to Detroit three times and stayed at the Marriott in downtown Detroit. Chien spoke through a translator. "Everybody says that."

Even some journalists who live in close proximity to Detroit have a tempered view of Detroit's progress.

James Donahue, a Grosse Ile writer for the Downriver People Profile magazine who treks to Detroit several times a year, said he's not convinced the city has made enough changes.

"I still wouldn't be caught walking downtown after dark by myself," said Donahue, as he enjoyed a beer with colleagues at the auto show's Nissan display.

To that, Monforton, with the visitors bureau, said: "You're never going to get 100% of people leaving with a great perception, but if we can affect what 90% of people think about Detroit, that's good."

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 392
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not surprised. You can't start a year and a half late, get 4 blocks done and 20 in progress and expect people to just instantly change their minds.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 101
Posted From: 141.213.196.136
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, many of us knew the following all along, finally someone got it out in the open:

"Andreas Vollbach, a television producer for a German automotive show, said Monday that Detroit's progress -- such as the freshly paved and landscaped stretch of I-94 between Metro Airport and downtown Detroit -- is barely noticeable because there's so much more work to be done in the city."

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3638
Posted From: 141.217.173.110
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAH Rome wasn't built in a day!

Audible_nectar
Username: Audible_nectar

Post Number: 23
Posted From: 12.214.103.152
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Detroit's gritty image wasn't built in a day.

Cleaning it up will certainly take time, too."

True.

I think what gets lost in all of this is the fact that Detroit - or any similar sized city with the issues it faces - will not be changed overnight - or in three years, for that matter - no matter how much cash you throw at it. As I understand it, the Super Bowl is to be a "catalyst" for change - in other words, only a beginning. From an "outsiders" perspective, I think the organizers have done well with the task they set out to do. It appears to be a HUGE job - one that could never be completed in that amount of time to the satisfaction of the majority. The City of Detroit could completely rebuild the whole city - and the media would still slam you. As far as the press goes, NOTHING would be good enough.

So get used to this. Detroit will get lots of "bad press" and "raspberries" come Super Bowl week. The press had a field day in Jax last year - most of it unjustified. That, I expect, will be the case this year - lots of ripping on the city - because it gives the press a way to entertain themselves. Jax had some issues - but most of the real problems that mattered were overlooked in leiu of more "readable" stories (like Tony Kornheiser's writeup titled "What's That Smell - Jacksonville". THIS is the angle from which much of the press will look at your city. Hopefully this will further motivate the organizers and citizen participants in this. The bad press in Jax sure did - it became a rallying cry to do their best. The buildings are going to be the way they are - but the people will make more of a difference.

And as a Super Bowl visitor to the city of Detroit, that's all that I could ask for.

Ddmoore54
Username: Ddmoore54

Post Number: 246
Posted From: 69.242.220.249
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's strange because in the past from my perspective the city was in such disarray that when you saw something really nice downtown it grabbed your attention. Now almost the opposite is happening. So much has been improved that now my eyes and attention seems to gravitate towards the blight, making it even more striking.

Hamtramck_steve
Username: Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2617
Posted From: 136.181.195.17
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What we need right now is someone to channel the spirit of the late MFIC and ask various media people, "Who the fuck told you that?"

I'm picturing somebody who can stand with the facts at hand and lay out succinctly why Detroit looks the way it does, sort of a ten second synopsis of Sugrue's book. Profanity is optional, I suppose, although a few "mother fuckers" and "dumb shits" would help clarify certain points quickly.

Somebody willing to stand up and answer the question posed to Jacksonville, "What's that smell?"

"You want to know what that smell is, mother fucker, I'll tell you what that smell is. That smell is an American city that everybody ignores, except when they can make a quick buck. That smell is a city full of people who are waiting (mostly patiently) for you overblown media weenies to leave, so we can get back to living our lives."

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 5329
Posted From: 208.27.111.125
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

James Donahue, a Grosse Ile writer for the Downriver People Profile: "I still wouldn't be caught walking downtown after dark by myself."

Funny. I wouldn't be caught walking downriver at any time of day.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 574
Posted From: 68.40.119.216
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny how having a Super Bowl creates such urgency to motivate people to clean up so we'll impress outsiders.
Notice the focus is again on the downtown.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1290
Posted From: 208.44.117.10
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brilliant itsjeff...absolutely brilliant

Merchantgander
Username: Merchantgander

Post Number: 1448
Posted From: 150.198.164.127
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The last thing Detroit needs is bad press from the Downriver People Profile. I 'm sure Detroit will really feel it when their 50 or so readers decide not to come downtown after dark.

(Message edited by Merchantgander on January 11, 2006)

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1735
Posted From: 4.229.105.44
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To anyone who has ever been to Germany, the comments about the roads are not restricted to Detroit, but the US in general. German roads are immaculately maintained. Potholes as well as litter are rare.

Peanut_breath
Username: Peanut_breath

Post Number: 102
Posted From: 66.73.225.162
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on Merchant! Admit that before you dive into NY Times, Wall St. Journal or News/Freep you scour the Downriver People Profile. I know I can't get through the morning, let alone the day, without knowing the happenings of Grosse Isle, Brownstown Twp, or Taylor. We should be happy and honored that this "journalist" even considered covering something so pedestrian as the Auto Show.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 748
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Brilliant itsjeff...absolutely brilliant"

ditto! I agree with most others as well, that we've got a long way to go to measure up to the places where many of these journalists call home.

(Message edited by gravitymachine on January 11, 2006)

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 648
Posted From: 4.229.27.140
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Funny. I wouldn't be caught walking downriver at any time of day.

Yeah dude, I HATE the Isle. I have to go down there for work quite often, you can keep that damn "isle"....Those folks got nothing to hoot about.

(sarchasm lost in print: I am emphasizing the pronunciation "EEEL" with each time I bitch about it.)

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1294
Posted From: 68.250.205.35
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Careful Itsjeff, Ndavies will be calling you an elitist any minute now ...

Two things spring to mind reading this article:

1) Who was it that said a while back we should just take pride in being what we are? It was that St. Louis sports writer, wasn't it? I mean, we're Detroit, let them say what they will, let's just have a sense of humor about it. Don't get defensive.

2) I don't care. I'm just happy to see the changes, Superbowl or no.

Dabirch

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

don't care. I'm just happy to see the changes, Superbowl or no

You are just happy that there are going to be a hundred hot, sweaty men parading their stuff on Ford Field

Andysrc
Username: Andysrc

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 209.220.229.254
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Itsjeff...I was thinking the same thing.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1296
Posted From: 68.61.187.234
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, there's that, despite their sports involvement. Too bad that nice looking guy from the Lions won't be playing. I don't know his name, people yell about him a lot. Johnny or Joey or something.

Hot stuff.

Publicmsu
Username: Publicmsu

Post Number: 560
Posted From: 129.188.33.222
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it just me or does pretty much every thread on this forum take a dip in the gay pool at one point or another?

Lurker
Username: Lurker

Post Number: 1556
Posted From: 65.196.220.198
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goodness! It's almost as if some of the posters on here are *gasp* gay.

Then there are closeted folks like Daburch.

Username: 3420

Post Number: 40
Posted From: 69.244.31.47
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am absolutely impressed with downtown Detroit and the city as a whole. I have been away for 5 years now and come back frequently and I must say that downtown to New Center looks spectacular in my view. I like the new lighting on Woodward Ave. and Detroit deserves a lot more credit for its hard work.

Compared to 10 years or more back, downtown was empty and had that decaying smell I hated. But now, I see such vibrant buildings being restored, the smell of fine foods, the beautiful Campus Martius, and so much more. Why does it seem like the media make Detroit the worst place to be when its not. Detroit has a unique bond and feel we like and thats what makes it the city it is.

If you look around the world, you will see Detroit just about every where you go. Think about the impact that Detroit alone has had on this country and the world.

Also, people need to stop saying that myth about downtown Detroit not being safe. When I was there during the holidays or whenever I'm there, I walk around downtown with my brother and cousin after 1 am and felt safe. I have never had a problem while being downtown or saw anything outrageous to make me say its not unsafe. I don't hear about crimes or any act of violence being reported. The problem is that you have people who say this, its put in the media, the word spreads and thats what people will think of Detroit. You have to expereice Detroit for yourself.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6393
Posted From: 198.208.251.24
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took an informal poll. My results:

Downtown not impressed with visitors.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9742
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit,

http://moviesoundscentral.com/ sounds/2001/improvedagreatdeal .wav

Northend
Username: Northend

Post Number: 633
Posted From: 69.212.62.92
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One should realize that non-detroiters (US or abroad)cannot and will not be "wowed" by things they see but rather by things they , rightfully, do take and should take for granted: good quality roads, clean and safe streets, no Beirut-like ruins, green spaces, trees, a vibrant nightlife, a vibrant dining scene, long story short...an active, modern and stimulating city with a matching population.

As detroiters, we should not expect anyone to give us credit for the improvements that have been made so far, however substantial WE think they are.
We all know that, by Detroit standards, we've made great strides but by the-rest-of-the-world standards (excluding Africa) visitors do not see anything to fuss about.
As long as Detroit vies for natonial and international events resulting in say exposure, we should learn to take the criticism and keep working on making our city a great one, not a better one.

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 415
Posted From: 70.236.190.204
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

During my recent visit to Vegas, a bartender was telling me about his visit to Downtown Detroit. His first visit, ever, I might add.

He said nothing negative. In fact, it was his relatives from Lansing who brought him down there.

His review was... They went on the day after Thanksgiving and there were very few people shopping and they didn't really know where to go or what was to do. This is a common review I get about the City, including suburbanites. The City is nice and all, but what's to do and where?

I think if we continue with the self promotion and maybe inform the info desks and hotels and have brochures in commonly visited places, it will continue to promote the City.

When was the last time anyone saw a commonly read publication reviewing the night-life in Detroit? Historic tours? Fabulous restaurants? It's all there, it just needs to be promoted.

Fact is, 90% of people don't have an opinion of Detroit and those are the people we need focus on.

Marelis
Username: Marelis

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 207.148.209.238
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a former Downriver resident...c'mon already! Although the journalists comments were stupid, downriver is not a bad place. A little boring for youngish folks, yes, but not a bad place.

For the next 30 days, I think we would all benefit our cause (our cause being the revitailization of Detroit) if we stopped bashing communities in the area.

Jt1 - HILARIOUS. I heard Paris and Nicky Hilton will only be flying in for two hours...I'm so glad they won't be here any longer.

Marelis
Username: Marelis

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 207.148.209.238
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitduo - Just an FYI, I am a Super Bowl Volunteer and I will be posted at a hotel, doing exactly that (passing out information on restaurants, bars, etc.) and suggesting places for people to visit.

I have to admit, the informational brochures the Host Committee created are a little sparse. A lot of great restaurants and bars were left off. It's a good start though!

Jt1

Post Number: 6396
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I heard Paris and Nicky Hilton will only be flying in for two hours...I'm so glad they won't be here any longer.

Does that mean the rate of STDs in metro Detroit will only go up by 2-3% instead of 10%?

In my mind Paris Hilton epitomizes why so many around the world hate the US.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 416
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marelis, welcome to the Forum. :-)

I don't think they were bashing downriver, persay. But "walking" in downriver and the Isle is pretty much a joke. Regardless, for this guy in our own backyard to say something so retarded is part of this regions problem! Actually a HUGE part of this regions problem!

Itsjeff

Post Number: 5331
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was totally bashing downriver per se.

Detroitduo

Post Number: 417
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Itsjeff.

You're the best.

Matt_the_deuce
Username: Matt_the_deuce

Post Number: 436
Posted From: 69.14.27.204
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sport - excellent

Dabirch

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lurker --

Itsjeff

Post Number: 5333
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, now. Play nice. We can all be homos.

Dabirch

Post Number: 1302
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry reich master

Publicmsu

Post Number: 561
Posted From: 136.182.2.221
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Now, now. Play nice. We can all be homos."

What a waste of perfectly good gina. Shame on you for even thinking such a horrific thought!

Jt1

Post Number: 6399
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What a waste of perfectly good gina.

Is that your girlfriend's name? Or did you mean 'gina?

:-)

Publicmsu

Post Number: 562
Posted From: 129.188.33.222
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Now, now. Play nice. We can all be homos."

What a waste of perfectly good gina. Shame on you for even thinking such a horrific thought!

Username: 1630

Post Number: 28
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I work downtown and all my friends agree I am the world's greatest pessimist. With that said, I almost never leave downtown before dark in the wintertime and lately my fear quotient has gone down considerably. Campus Martius makes a huge difference. I don't skate, but there's just something exciting about seeing people over there skating every night. You see all ages, colors, goofy people in love etc etc. It's totally different from what it was like 3 or 4 years ago.

Campus Martius is the best public space that's opened in Detroit in my lifetime. It has a huge impact. Maybe it's not the biggest thing yet, but great things start small. I'm hoping the positive energies will radiate outward.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 1739
Posted From: 207.69.138.142
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What a waste of perfectly good 'gina!" said the Bishop of Orleans to St. Joan, as he threw another faggot onto the flaming pyre....

English
Username: English

Post Number: 471
Posted From: 70.228.57.185
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"We all know that, by Detroit standards, we've made great strides but by the-rest-of-the-world standards (excluding Africa) visitors do not see anything to fuss about."

?????????????????????comment about Africa? por que??????????

What does THAT have to do with the price of rice in Chin-- well, Greektown?

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1516
Posted From: 4.229.123.82
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two posts caught my attention.A'nectar I would point out that no other city the size of Detroit has experienced what Detroit has.Detroit was comparable to Chi, Nyc, Phila etc in size and pop geographically it is a huge city.In fact I had occasion to be in the Detroit suburbs recently and I had sorta forgotten how huge the area is.The scope of Detroit's demise is unlike any city in history in the US........enough of the profound shit...

The other post that caught my attention was 1630's.People being present makes such a difference in how safe people perceive any area to be.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2286
Posted From: 66.202.227.12
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol yanno English?

lol

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 368
Posted From: 71.10.63.140
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I am wowed by the cleanup downtown... So, ha!

I really dont care what a car journalist from Germany who comes once a year has to say...I care about the people who live in the city and the surrounding area first. Once this region and city embraces itself and becomes livable and vibrant for everyone (and it already is for many), then we can worry about the world.

Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 1304
Posted From: 68.250.205.35
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Is it just me or does pretty much every thread on this forum take a dip in the gay pool at one point or another?

I would like to point out that unless it is a gay-themed thread it is almost ALWAYS straight people who start the dipping!

Dabirch

Post Number: 1312
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry...maybe lurker is on to something.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.