Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Bulk Pick Up « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Krawlspace
Username: Krawlspace

Post Number: 232
Posted From: 69.47.77.195
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I am wondering if, with the demise of bulk day, any of my fellow residents have noticed random piles of bulk trash in front of houses in the past couple weeks. My neighborhood used to have pick up on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, so I am waiting to see what happens. I noticed several houses in the Warren and Alter neighborhood that had boxes, Christmas tree skeletons, and other debris in front, as well as the usual suspect piles in front of vacant lots. What a stench this is gonna be come spring.

That's some kind of stink
you're gonna make.
"What's that smell?"
That's Saso, man.
Saso. Used to be Ron.

-Carlito Brigante

J_stone
Username: J_stone

Post Number: 257
Posted From: 63.77.247.130
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your name not Ronnn..It's Saso!

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 62
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a house on Pierson and Joy that has a big azz pile of junk in front of the house. People moved out and put that pile in front of the house. It's a mess. If I lived next door to that, I would be so mad that I would probably find someone to haul that junk away.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1099
Posted From: 140.244.107.151
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More discussion over on Detroit Connections:

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/10041/63461.html?1137000 178

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 540
Posted From: 136.1.1.154
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Krawlspace - Good quote!

Pjazz
Username: Pjazz

Post Number: 14
Posted From: 69.212.62.212
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live on Kensington near Mack. I got a card in the mail stating this was the last month I really haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

Fec
Username: Fec

Post Number: 67
Posted From: 4.165.123.158
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I were the Mayor, or the Director of DPW with authority and guts, I would go back to how the bulk was picked up over twenty years ago.

Citizens would call to schedule to have their bulk picked up. This way, the trucks would not have to ride up and down streets wasting fuel and time looking for bulk that was legitimately set out in front of property. It would also free up time so solid waste employees could use time more productively by removing trash from the dumpsites that have cropped up of late. [Unfortunately, if the city levies a charge, it may encourage dumping.]

To practically, abruptly change the way this service is handled, has to and must be complimented with more envorinmental enforcers.

There has to be a better way to deal with trash than to allow it to be continuously dumped every where. It is a shame that the environmental enforcers have been laid off. Their primary job was to ticket residents that do not adhere to environmental ordinances such as dumping, unkept property, rodent harborage, setting garbage container out too soon or not taking the containers in from the street, and other issues that are not in compliance with our environmental laws.

That responsibility of the city was one of the first things KKK cut back when he first took office. . . and that basic health and safety service has been down hill ever since. Remember when the city went weeks and weeks and weeks without a word to the residents on when they were going to remove our trash from our property! The citizens were being forewarned cleanliness was not the order of the day. [Kids, Cops and CLEAN my Ass!]

Fec
Username: Fec

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 4.165.123.158
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I were the Mayor, or the Director of DPW with authority and guts, I would go back to how the bulk was picked up over twenty years ago.

Citizens would call to schedule to have their bulk picked up. This way, the trucks would not have to ride up and down streets wasting fuel and time looking for bulk that was legitimately set out in front of property. It would also free up time so solid waste employees could use time more productively by removing trash from the dumpsites that have cropped up of late. [Unfortunately, if the city levies a charge, it may encourage dumping.]

To practically, abruptly change the way this service is handled, has to and must be complimented with more envorinmental enforcers.

There has to be a better way to deal with trash than to allow it to be continuously dumped every where. It is a shame that the environmental enforcers have been laid off. Their primary job was to ticket residents that do not adhere to environmental ordinances such as dumping, unkept property, rodent harborage, setting garbage container out too soon or not taking the containers in from the street, and other issues that are not in compliance with our environmental laws.

That responsibility of the city was one of the first things KKK cut back when he first took office. . . and that basic health and safety service has been down hill ever since. Remember when the city went weeks and weeks and weeks without a word to the residents on when they were going to remove our trash from our property! The citizens were being forewarned cleanliness was not something that this administration honestly cared about. [Kids, Cops and CLEAN MY ASS!]

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.