Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » When will ......... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3396
Posted From: 68.73.192.149
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the white media start splashing this across its' pages/screens/microphones and play on it everyday in HEADLINE manner??? When will they state that this is what happens to a Puppet that is/was bought and sold - dancing on a string?? Mewonders if all those white ex-urban "so-called" friends will bail his ass out now?? Read it and laugh, "I don't live in Rosedale Park; I live in North Rosedale Park!!":

quote:

Freman ain’t free: Hendrix faces judgement for defaulted loans

By Bankole Thompson
The Michigan Citizen

DETROIT — As failed mayoral candidate Freman Hendrix considers stopping the costly recount he ignited – forcing cash-strapped Detroit to ante up over $200,000 – his personal financial difficulties of an equal amount are catching up with him.

If Hendrix fails to pay Monroe Bank and Trust the $192,613.51 that he owes by Jan 4, a default judgment against him will be entered in Oakland County’s 6th judicial circuit court before Judge Rudy J. Nichol.

Hendrix will have 21 days after that to make good on the money he owes, or the bank will move to seize his assets and properties.

“If he does not respond after 21 days, Oakland County Sheriff and the court officer would enforce proceedings to seize his assets,” said Lawrence Reinhold, attorney for Monroe Bank and Trust. “$192,613.51 is the amount we are going to ask for in a judgment against him.”

In May 2004, operating under the name of Mulligan Holdings, Hendrix and his partners Edward McNamara, David H. Fink, Dale Jurcisin and David Katz borrowed $467,655.32 from Monroe bank. Mulligan’s is a golf business in Auburn Hills.

After signing a promissory note, the defendants failed to make payments on the loan that were due in June, July and August of 2004. As a result, the bank filed a complaint in October of that same year to force all five defendants to repay the loan.

McNamara, Fink, Jurcisin have paid the amount they owed, Reinhold said in a phone interview. Katz made payment arrangements which the bank accepted.

Only Hendrix has not paid, Reinhold said.

“I have not heard from him at all,” Reinhold said. “I’m disappointed. Usually people call in to make payment arrangements. So we are entering the default judgment against him and Mulligan Holding.”

Reinhold said he remembered meeting Hendrix about a year ago and since then has not spoken with him.

Hendrix and his partners also face court action by Warren Bank to collect $148,643.58 the group has also failed to repay, according to an Oct. 2005 complaint filed in Oakland County court by the bank’s attorney Ralph Colasuonno.

On that loan, McNamara, Katz, and Jurcisin answered the complaints Nov. 7, 2005, according to Oakland County clerk’s office. Fink and Hendrix have yet to respond.

“Presently there is a balance due under the Note totaling $143,395.43 including $137,389.31principal, $4,865.47 accrued interest, and $1,140.65 late fees,” according to the complaint Warren bank filed.

When contacted earlier Colasuonno would not comment.

“The document speaks for itself,” Colasuonno said.

Hendrix and his business partners are no strangers to financial problems.

In July 2005, Matt C. Norris, owner of Cadillac Asphalt Paving Co., filed an affidavit in Oakland County court reciting the terms of a $44,384.22 loan that he made in April to Mulligan Holding.

Earlier, the five business partners obtained a total of $7.1 million in loans from Comerica. The loans listed no repayment terms but stipulated that the golf dome business continues in good standing its lease for property owned by Waste Management (WM).

WM was a vendor providing service to the Detroit Greater Resource Recovery Authority which Hendrix chaired until 1990.

Mulligan’s Golf Learning Center, Mulligan’s East, Mulligan’s of Auburn Hills, Mulligan’s Options and Mulligan’s Holding are all limited liability corporations (LLC) under which the group has operated the golf dome at 3591 Joslyn Road, Auburn Hills.

According to documents on file at Oakland County Courthouse, these are the companies under which Hendrix, Katz, Jurcisin and Brian Ashley borrowed money, were sued by unpaid vendors, and defaulted on loans.

Hendrix and his partners began the golf dome venture in March 1996 when they signed a 20-year lease for a 116-acre landfill in Auburn Hills.

Jurcisin signed the lease on behalf of Mulligan’s Golf Learning Center (MGLC). James Loghan, WM vice president signed as landlord.

Using the name Mulligan Golf Learning Center, the group got its first loan for $3 million Dec. 17, 1997 while Hendrix was deputy mayor under Dennis Archer.

As first reported here, Hendrix used his Rosedale Park home then valued at $200,000 but encumbered with a $87,000 credit union mortgage to launch the construction.

In July of 2005, Hendrix told Detroit News reporter David Josar that the financial problems the group has experienced are as a result of a “devastating” 2002 wind storm that blew a hole in the dome. However, the company was hit by lawsuits and mechanic liens from the beginning, years before the storm.

When Comerica handed the Mulligan group its first $3million loan, court records reveal the company already had been hit with a lien by Van Horn Brothers seeking to get paid for work performed.

Hendrix claimed he “was not active in managing Mulligan’s and didn’t make business decisions,” according to Josar’s July 7, 2005 report.

However, Oakland County records reveal Hendrix was present and active in some of the financial transactions.

In Sept. 1998, Hendrix was present and signed as a witness for the company when MGLC received a second loan of $1.4million from Comerica. Five months later, another $3million was secured with a mortgage number two dated Feb. 4, 1999.

MGLC proceeded to assign the Comerica mortgages to Mulligan’s Golf East. Later responsibility for the mortgage was transferred from Mulligan Golf East to Mulligan’s Option bearing the same address. Hendrix signed for Mulligan’s Option to accept assignment of the Comerica debt. That cleared the way for the $7.1million loan.

McNamara, who was the subject of federal corruption investigations looking into bid rigging and campaign finance irregularities, is the tie that binds the members of the Mulligan group.

Like Hendrix, Katz worked for McNamara and was known as his chief fundraiser. He resigned from his post as Wayne County airport director when he came under investigation. Contractors who had lucrative contracts with the airport were major donors to the McNamara campaigns.

Katz also managed Gov. Jennifer Granholm’s 2002 election campaign. A scandal broke, revealing that Katz was a consultant to the successful bidder for a parcel of state-owned surplus land at Haggerty and Seven Mile even though his company’s bid was $700,000 less than other bids.

Apart from facing court judgment, Hendrix endured public exposure on WXYZ [Channel 7] Dec. 23 for failure to pay the security detail he hired to protect his children during the mayoral campaign.

The Hendrix campaign signed a contract with MGT, a security group to provide protection for his two children.

After the mayoral campaign, Maurice Cochran who signed the contract on behalf of the campaign reneged claiming the agreement was dependent on the outcome of the mayoral election, WXYZ reported.

MGT addressed a letter to Hendrix, who denied receiving a letter from the group. His signature confirming his receipt of the letter forced Hendrix to pay the group.

Hendrix cut a $17,000 check owed to the security group the same day WXYZ ran the story.

Hendrix did not return phone calls.

E-mail bthompson@michigancitizen.com

Black-atcha ..... roflmbao - It's Howdy-Doody Time, boys & girls

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 603
Posted From: 4.229.51.82
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy cut-and-paste Batman !

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 129
Posted From: 68.255.236.69
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

are you surprised that he is not a saint.....i didnt think we elected clergy but politicians.

the fact remains that he was using his own money borrowed by him and his associates.

When he starts using TAXPAYERS money then you can begin to
Roll On The Floor Laughing Your Black Ass Off

Until then continue on as a part of the infamous "street" vote that "watched the screens"

Kilpatrick - the modern day Cobo.

Our mayor of the 21st Century

Isn't it funny how history has a habit of repeating itself

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 121
Posted From: 68.61.55.140
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like a failing business? Lots of those in Michigan. Like Bussey said it's his money (or money that was loaned to him from private sources). Nothing I read in your post shows any illegal activity by Hendrix, just bad debt. Why would this be a big story?

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 990
Posted From: 172.171.250.71
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Hendrix cannot manage his own small financial affairs, how can he be trusted to handle the financial affairs of a fledgling big city? Its almost like me giving my finances over to a junkie to manage. If the junkie does not have the decency to get his personal life in order, then what business does he have trying to manage my affairs. Kilpatrick has a huge appetite for fine dining while Hendrix has a huge appetite for investing in fledgling partnerships. He may not have used any public monies to invest in his business endeavors. However, I guarantee that had he become Mayor, he would have found ways to funnel money into his off the wall investments. Makes you wonder why he was fighting so hard for a recount. He had big, expensive PERSONAL plans for the Mayoral office.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 877
Posted From: 64.142.86.133
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

R Kelly for mayor!

Fec
Username: Fec

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 4.165.123.152
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, we read the article, now what?

Believe me, I've made some not-so-smart financial deals in my lifetime with my fairly small income. Can you imagine if I had a huge amount of money. But you know what . . . that's life, and I say thank God I had the means, the courage and the wherewithal to do it. And, it will not stop me from running for a public office if I so desire.

He who has not made a poor financial judgement call WITH THEIR OWN MONEY, let him throw the first stone!

How petty can some of you people get!

Hamtramck_steve
Username: Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2603
Posted From: 69.208.112.135
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The money in question in the article is not his own money.

It is the bank's.

It speaks directly to his ability to appropriately handle money that is not his.

This isn't a matter of him simply making bad business decisions, either.

The fact is that he has not repaid what he owes, to the point where the bank has to file in court against him.

I wouldn't want someone like that managing my money.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1906
Posted From: 69.246.4.29
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well said Steve.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 297
Posted From: 69.221.68.105
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the Michigan Citizen is trying to lynch Hendrix!

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6350
Posted From: 198.208.159.18
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I voted Henrix as the lesser of two evils but you have to question anything that Ed McNamara is involved in. Funny how CAY is painted as being the most corrupt person ever but EM gets a free pass and actually gets a terminal named after him.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 655
Posted From: 209.104.146.146
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

L. Brooks for Mayor!

He can't hold his liquor, but boy can he balance a budget!

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2206
Posted From: 66.202.227.12
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO I know why Ras posted that article...

Funny how when he was running them Hendrix had a crystal clear record. Now since he has lost the election, it's like alot of "Damn now he's a scum bag", type journalism is coming out about his failures. Issues that had they been talked about during the campaign probably would have caused him to lose the election by a much wider margin than what it already was.

Huggybear
Username: Huggybear

Post Number: 107
Posted From: 192.217.12.254
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"I don't live in Rosedale Park; I live in North Rosedale Park!!"

That's (probably unintentionally) funny - and there is a big difference if you live in North Rosedale Park. In my 27 years in NRP, people there always called the neighborhood "Rosedale Park" and tended to call what was south of Grand River "South Rosedale" - if it even got a name!

What-used-to-be-Redford-Townsh ip at-cha!

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 46
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WHO said that EM had a free pass. The investigation is still being investigated.

Didn't some folks go to jail for CAY???

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 390
Posted From: 216.45.2.138
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny how Ras keeps focusing on Hendrix while his girl, who he claims to provide counsel and campaign strategy for, lost bigtime in the Clerk's election.

Let's see if he still gets access to city council data now that there's a new sherrif in town.

Watchin as Ras limps onto the new bandwagon ...

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 619
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

City Council data through the clerks office is public record. Any of ya'll can get minutes, voting records, etc. It's also published in the Legal News.

Mcnamara
Username: Mcnamara

Post Number: 19
Posted From: 204.22.230.98
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

um, the media is always right on target, especially the Michigan Citizen.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1909
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Citizen is reporting the facts. It is a good newspaper.

Metrodetguy
Username: Metrodetguy

Post Number: 2117
Posted From: 69.218.77.176
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...Just like "Ilovedetroit" "reports the facts. He/she "is a good person".

Rasputin

Post Number: 3399
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morena, you back; and LYING as usual? For shame, especially in a new year!!

Black-atcha ..... roflmbao at an ignorant fool

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 427
Posted From: 71.213.227.199
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ironic, but when it's that fat-ass Lavan Hawkins defaulting on his debts, he's just "a brotha workin' the system".

When it's Freman, he's a schmuck.

Seems to me you can't have it both ways...

Rasputin

Post Number: 3400
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes I can .... hahahahaha. Hawkins wasn't vying for PUBLIC OFFICE either!! He played the Black Version of "EnRUN" (formerly know as Enron) and got over too!! Piss you off don't it!!

Black-atcha ..... roflmbao

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9702
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WORK IT BABY, WORK IT!

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 740
Posted From: 68.60.139.54
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did Enron get all their shit seized from a condo the way my neighbor Levan did?

Rasputin

Post Number: 3402
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside Clampett: Material bullschitt seized ..... damn, don't you know thay didn't make just one of that schitt??!?! ROFLMBAO ..... recognizing million$.

Black-atcha ..... watching a rerun of the "Beverly HillBillies"

Morena
Username: Morena

Post Number: 394
Posted From: 216.45.2.138
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonder if Bankole does any coverage on county commissioners PERSONAL legal battles?

Solarflare
Username: Solarflare

Post Number: 363
Posted From: 63.69.106.29
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

or how about unpaid back taxes...

Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2606
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LaVan's stuff may have been taken, but at least it was only his stuff.

People who had nothing to do with the illegal activities at Enron lost more than the suits who concocted the scheme.

But that still doesn't explain away Freeman's inability to treat other peoples' money appropriately.

Bindetroit
Username: Bindetroit

Post Number: 1244
Posted From: 69.246.117.31
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The taxpayers' money get routinely misused by The Kwamester and stolen by his minions for the last 4 years (and as recently as the B&SE Xmas inside jobber who walked out with tens of thousands of our cash) and you wanna make a big deal out of a bad business deal by a candidate who lost the election? We're supposed to sympathise with a bank that made the perhaps ill-advised loan in the first place? (btw, a bank that will in fact get its money one way or the other). This wouldn't be newsworthy if the man had actually won the election. WTF? The lynch-post rag wants to divert our attention why?

Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2608
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What difference does Kwame's incompetence have to do with it?

Just because I'm pointing out Freeman's failings does not automatically mean that I am denying Kwame's problems.

In my opinion, they both suck. Had I been a Detroit voter in November, I would have selected "None of the above."

Rasputin

Post Number: 3404
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

LaVan's stuff may have been taken, but at least it was only his stuff.

People who had nothing to do with the illegal activities at Enron lost more than the suits who concocted the scheme.

But that still doesn't explain away Freeman's inability to treat other peoples' money appropriately.

I agree HSteve; and Hawkins didn't leave a path of broke, bankrupt retirees either (hence the Black Version of a rip off)!!

Black-atcha .... watching BinDetroit try to divert our attention! Nice try, sukka ....

Rasputin

Post Number: 3405
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, what happened in Court yesterday??? Why aren't the Helmut supporters speaking?? Did those from DetroitYES bail his dumb-ass out of debt or will Helmut become homeless in 21 days? Well???? Speak UP!!!!!

Black-atcha ....

Fec
Username: Fec

Post Number: 61
Posted From: 4.165.132.128
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, truthfully, what happended in court yesterday? You honestly know a little something that others may not know?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.