Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Michigan's High School System - Is There Room for the IB? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitwonk
Username: Detroitwonk

Post Number: 74
Posted From: 68.41.207.52
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Detroit News had an article in the paper the other day about the International Baccalaureate (IB) program in Michigan high schools. One of the writers on my site wrote an interesting post on her experiences with the IB program at the International Academy in Oakland County.

In the post, she calls for Michigan high schools to start looking for ways to add the IB program since the classes can be counted for college credits, allowing many kids the opportunity to reduce their total cost of going to college.

What do people think about the idea of expanding the IB program into other schools, and using it as a tool, similar to the Advanced Placement (AP) program, and specifically in Metro Detroit, as a way to increase the numebr of high school graduates attending college and going on to become college graduates?

Her post is here:

http://raywert.blogspot.com/20 05/12/metro-detroit-should-spe ll-abcs-ap-and.html
Top of pageBottom of page

Rotation_slim
Username: Rotation_slim

Post Number: 29
Posted From: 68.77.163.64
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The downtown of the area, Troy, is planning on IB Elem, Middle & High School in the next few years... building a new building for it... I think they will charge Mucho tuition for it. I was thinking it was for children of German & Japanese Auto execs who were looking for that kind of education for their kids...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.