Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » This paragraph summed it up « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 98
Posted From: 70.236.200.238
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WHY I HATE/LOVE DETROIT

taken from an article found on Model D website

http://www.modeldmedia.com/fea tures/myths.aspx

"As for as raising kids in Detroit, I don’t have those yet, either, but I can say with hearty conviction that once I do (there’s one currently on the way), I will not leave Detroit for its suburbs. My big lesson of the past year (besides that the People Mover isn’t actually for transportation, silly): If you take the time to discover its gems, Detroit is a city rife with history, flaws, quirks, grit and irresistible charm. And it’s far more interesting than the easy-to-find answers of other, more cookie-cutter, albeit more “livable,” cities and suburbs."

this last paragraph was wonderful and answers the question of why i chose this god forsaken place as a residency, given all of the shit associated with it. It is also testament to the mentality around here about city living.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.