Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Citizens Against A Corrupted Government « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

William_x
Username: William_x

Post Number: 110
Posted From: 4.165.12.243
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since the year 2000 elections on all government levels have went bad.Since bribery,election fraud seem to be the main two ingredients to one being selected to serve the people.Here we are almost in the year of 2006,and people is having recounts that don't deserve a recount.Plus here in the inner-city of Detroit,people from the outside is trying to re-overtake Detroit back through albino sambos,and Auntie Thomasinas.Just look at this forum where its divided into half and half.The inner-city people vs the Hendrixites,grammer warlords is trying to correct others who isn't up to their expectations,and suburbanites is trying to convince the inner-city that Hendrix will defeat Kwame in the recount.Just thank Jackie Currie for starting the bs which is what surrounding countie executives paid her to do.So until we come together as one,and stop throwing bricks across 8 mile and Telegraph real citizens against a corrupted government won't have a chance to have a decent election.

The_nerd
Username: The_nerd

Post Number: 271
Posted From: 192.5.109.49
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you want clean elections, then you must regulate how money is raised and spent. There is however, a little thing called the first amendment (or at least the Supreme Court interpretation) that prevents European style election reforms.

As a Detroiter myself, pray tell about these outside forces "trying to re-overtake Detroit back..." Personally, I believe these acusations are unfounded and do nothing, but divide are region that is already drowning. When your ship sinks do you complain and cry over who is handing out the life preservers?

Northend
Username: Northend

Post Number: 471
Posted From: 69.212.227.66
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

william x ..you are right, it is time to clean this city of its grammar-challenged burdenites
Is you not agreed wit me??
Real right!
Peace!!

Dsmith
Username: Dsmith

Post Number: 76
Posted From: 68.41.202.23
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm convinced that Billy_x is a fisherman.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1566
Posted From: 66.2.148.36
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

inner city paging william_bowtie: you need an English tutor

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 501
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That wouldn't be good. Could be hard to find a good tutor here in Detroit..especially one that specializes in English. :-)

William_x

Post Number: 111
Posted From: 4.165.12.172
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Barnesfoto Dis message was posted just fo yo nosey ass. We all have da writes to tak anyway we choose to talk,and I suggest that since you are so damn worried about my english try teaching these new arrivals at Stanton Island english.Now since many of you say I am racist well here is my first racist statement on this forum.White folks has always been good at telling other races what to do and how to talk,but some of you whites can't speak english as good as anyone else.I bet many of you can't read or think on your own,and what most of you do is copy words from other peoples posts,and probley have someone to translate the words and meanings to you.Barnesfoto I see your IP number seem to appear under other screen names what's up with that? Also while I am on that subject what is the point in changing screen names,and still sign on with the same old bs? Main I don't know if you're being funny or not,but you are 100% right about finding a tutor here in Detroit,and most now Detroiters is from Bagdad,South Africa,Cuba,South America,Poland, Isreal,Rome,and the North Pole.Again most whites seem to think that they're the almighty whitey,and ain't s___t in my book.

(Message edited by William_X on December 15, 2005)

Northend

Post Number: 476
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what book??? this one??

Northend

Post Number: 477
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great minds think alike...

Ericdfan
Username: Ericdfan

Post Number: 53
Posted From: 68.41.117.60
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a useless waste of forum space.

William_x

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a useless waste of forum space. Eric it all depend on what you mean by that.Also be careful of the grammer cops on this forum,cause they will tell you to be more pacific with your statement.People who does that over the internet have no life in the real world,and on here is the ONLY place they will get attention.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 582
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this is a pretty shitty thread to bring this up in but this really made me wonder

quote:

people from the outside is trying to re-overtake Detroit back through albino sambos,and Auntie Thomasinas.

So which is it? White folks are leaving and abandoning the city or trying to re-overtake it? It can't be both ways...

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 5181
Posted From: 208.27.111.125
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dove 7 and Merchantgander have also made the argument that grammar should be overlooked and, instead, we should focus on the intent of the message.

I can't do it. Reading posts with bad grammar and spelling is like listening to music played by a sixth grade band. I what know they mean to play, but I find the mistakes too irritating to focus on the whole song.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 1423
Posted From: 129.9.163.106
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey itsjeff, how about reversing the words what and know so I can read your post :-)

(Message edited by ndavies on December 15, 2005)

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4574
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right on, itsjeff. Not to mention, in this case, that the horrid grammar and inventive interpretation of the English language makes William's posts nearly unintelligible. Say what you will about the other trolls and notable opposing viewpoints on this site- at least they could articulate their argument.

When William posts, I literally go sentence by sentence and try to figure out what the heck he's trying to say. It's a headache. I don't think it's that unreasonable to assume that if a poster wants people to take them seriously, they should make an attempt to make their arguments readable.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 5182
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NDavies, please be more pacific with your statement.

William_x

Post Number: 115
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The_Aram you punk I see you keep shit going but never reply when its back at you.I know now that you are ALL damn mouth,and have nothing positive to say because your Momma taught you no better.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 103
Posted From: 68.61.55.140
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could not care less about the English language being butchered; hell I often do the same. It's the hypocritical, racist comments he posts that I find offensive, but then again "We all have da writes to tak anyway we choose to talk," =)

The_aram

Post Number: 4575
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you want me to respond to? Everything you toss back at me proves my point. I don't even need to respond.

(Message edited by the_aram on December 15, 2005)

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1840
Posted From: 66.192.63.5
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Snotty pretentious bratt. Respond to that.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 326
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poor writing skills almost always indicate poor and confused thinking skills. It takes effort and education to organize and prioritize thoughts.
People who don't put any effort into learning grammer, syntax and spelling usually haven't put much effort into thinking skills.

That's why I tend to have a negative judgement of obstinately poor writers. They like having confused thoughts. They think it makes them more real, but it only makes them look foolish.

The_aram

Post Number: 4576
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brat has one t, not two.

Snotty? Pretentious? Is that jealousy? I'm used to it. I go to Michigan.

:-)

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 443
Posted From: 69.245.76.200
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'William__x'//// The forumers harsh critism questioning your Black literacy is the same historical effort that led our so-called 'great nation' to write the prohibition of black literacy laws__ then too, american often forbade us the luxury of openly developing self-defending verbal arts, back talk, cracking, and pointing out mistakes in white rhetorical BS.

I greatly respect that fact that you work diligently and eloquently to piece together a lanquage that mirrors the propriety of self-expression and the priority of survial in the harsh realities of white approval__ AIN'T THIS aMERICA?

Whites will never understand the syntax of black survival in a white world__ historically they have often tried to write our self-definition into a state of non-existence

Keep on Keep ma' brotha'

super d(motordetroit)

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 583
Posted From: 208.39.170.77
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

People who don't put any effort into learning grammer, syntax and spelling usually haven't put much effort into thinking skills.

Ahh, irony.

William_x

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super_D Thanks for sharing that though.Super_d since the equal rights to a better education bill was signed into law,the white man have been intimindated every since then,and that's part of this world problem.There is some whites who talk like they have something in their mouths,and never forget that when the heaven and earth was created the Black man was the FIRST to be placed on the planet.Noticed by in the slave trade days it took 8 to 10 whites to handle one Black,and I wonder why was that super_d?, and today its still like that believe me.They seem to think that by attacking us on the internet will solve things,and most webmasters is white which means if we acted up they will ban us.and I am wondering how they stand on this matter.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 516
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Main I don't know if you're being funny or not,but you are 100% right about finding a tutor here in Detroit,and most now Detroiters is from Bagdad,South Africa,Cuba,South America,Poland, Isreal,Rome,and the North Pole

I was being sarcastic to a certain extent,yet my statement proves true.

Case in point. Last year my daughter was taught English by a Phillipino teacher who couldn't speak English very well. In conferences, i could hardly understand what she was saying.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1842
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram - Yeah but you are still common. :-)

Itsjeff

Post Number: 5185
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ILD, he's THE Aram, not AN Aram. That makes him most uncommon.

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1843
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My apologies itsjeff! And THE Aram goes to the THE University of Michigan.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 5186
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

COINCIDENCE??? I think not.

The_aram

Post Number: 4582
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you asked me about that at the first Forum picnic. THE vs. AN.

William_x

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ilovedetroit just because the_arab goes to the U of M,does that make the_arab GOD?

William_x

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

opps I meant the_aram (rotflmbao)

The_aram

Post Number: 4583
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the funniest part of this is the fact that I'm not Arabic.

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 165
Posted From: 141.213.184.173
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wtf

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 1570
Posted From: 66.2.148.141
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many English Tudors can be found in Rosedale Park.

Fec
Username: Fec

Post Number: 52
Posted From: 4.165.123.248
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thread: Citizens Against a Corrupted Government.

Does this present government that is running Detroit qualifies, or does it have to have more qualifiers than these ... admitted using tax dollars for personal use on several occasions, devised a plan/plot to keep family member from being jailed/fined for assault, etc.?

On an obvious note, I believe that William_X is faking his grammar, his typing and his attitude. His conversations are deliberate. Watch where his head is! What's behind the context of his drummed up grammar is his obsessed, racist attitudes and remarks. Chill man, stay focused, and you've got some issues. I've noticed your writing. Let's just hold a decent conversation without the smack of race, bigotry and ethnic confrontation, and race baiting. Lend credence to your subject matter. Let's talk, William_X; let's talk about Citizens Against a Corrupted Government. Is this an agency or a group of folks willing and ready to get busy to counteract local governmental corruption? Talk, man!

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 70
Posted From: 67.149.141.170
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that William_x has a distorted perception of reality, but as he said, the government is corrupt. There is bribery, and maybe election fraud (has this been proven yet?). Of course the entire government isn't corrupt, but there are some bad apples.

However, candidates have the right to a recount. Yeah, nowadays it seems like everytime someone looses they want a recount, but do you think it would be a good idea to get rid of that right? What if the election results really were different? Recounts aren't bad.

Since the year 2000 elections on all government levels have went bad.Since bribery,election fraud seem to be the main two ingredients to one being selected to serve the people.Here we are almost in the year of 2006,and people is having recounts that don't deserve a recount.Plus here in the inner-city of Detroit,people from the outside is trying to re-overtake Detroit back through albino sambos,and Auntie Thomasinas.

This forum isn't divided half and half, as far as I can tell.

I think the best way to get rid of corruption is to not vote for corrupt politicians, and to take some kind of action (maybe removal from office if it's possible) against those who are doing illegal things. Supporting politicians who are not corrupt will help, and someone becoming a good politician themselves isn't bad either. But in my opinion, the fact that Mayor Kilpatrick was reelected shows how much the majority of Detroit cares about corruption.

William_x

Post Number: 182
Posted From: 4.165.48.48
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jason I think you is a suburban dork who don't have nothing else to do but point fingers.Is this another one of your hidden screen names? Of course Jason.....Welcome to Detroit,cause your vibes from your post is showing you are one of them Good Old Boys.Jason you must don't have reading comprehensive skills,cause if you did you could see plus understand that most of these posters is from outside Detroit.Now in the last part of your post make senses,but you is pointing fingers at Kilpatrick,and I bet you voted for Hendrix.

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 74
Posted From: 67.149.141.170
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a matter of fact, unlike most of the people here, I actually am a white suburbanite. I live on the southern end of Saint Clair Shores. Your also right, I didn't vote for Kilpatrick OR Hendrix, or anyone, because as you pointed out, I don't live in Detroit.

How is my vibe any worse than yours? You started this thread criticizing the city government and I think what I said is alot more positive than what you said. Not to mention my vibe throughout the rest of the site is alot more postive than yours.

And how can you start a thread about the corrupt government without including Mayor Kilpatrick? Even if you personally believe that his positive qualities outweight his negative ones, he is still corrupt.

And you're very hypocritical. I'm the one pointing fingers, yet I'm the no-good white-suburbanite that is both trying to invade Detroit, and abandon it, who spreads bad vibes that are killing the city, and who would have voted for Hendrix, which would (in your opinion) kill the city. And in your initial post you pointed a finger at Jackie Currie, and ironicly, racists. I don't think you've made a single post where you haven't accused someone (ussually white suburbanites of course) of something.

If you had well thought out and logical arguments it would be one thing, but yours are the opposite. Take the money that you are currently spending on the internet, and enroll at Wayne or somewhere.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3379
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This whole Damn KKKountry is corrupt!! It was founded on THEFT, LIES/DECEIT/TREACHERY, and MURDER!! Go figure .... as you "reap what you sow"

Black-atcha ....

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9641
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

THEFT, LIES/DECEIT/TREACHERY, and MURDER!!

YAY!

Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1895
Posted From: 68.40.224.107
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds like a great made for tv movie! Sport we can make you one of supporting actors. How about the white guy crazy republican Detroiter? :-)

William_x

Post Number: 188
Posted From: 4.165.90.126
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jasoncw You can't vote for neither one so stfu. Its people like you who hate like hell that Detroit became the majority Black city,and now you want to sit on your shitstool,and predict what should be done in Detroit,and how grosse pointers can help.Yes they can help by staying out of the damn way.

Fec
Username: Fec

Post Number: 55
Posted From: 4.165.123.138
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

William_X is provoking the weak forumers and some of you are taking the bait. Stay with the subject matter and don't let his spirit tempt you. Stay focused on the content of this thread, and let's hold a decent conversation.

Subject reply: This government seems to be more corrupt than the past 30 years that I've been keeping up with local politics. At least politicians were in office more than four years before they started their stuff.

The next four years in the life of Detroit will not be a mirror of the previous four. In that citizens did nor said anything about the direction or perception of this City. A lot of citizens will not act as though they are at a sideshow, or helpless or removed from what goes on here. We will get busy insisting that our tax dollars do what they are intended to do by making some noise.

Just stay tuned! Accountability and integrity will be the next buzz words of Detroit.

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 411
Posted From: 67.149.110.53
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 4:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honestly alot of us on this board really don't care what color the city of Detroit is. That hasn't stopped Atlanta from being a great city.. Please provide the figures on population but I believe they are also considered a black city.. Which in mind is bullshit to begin with.. Who cares what race is the majority of the city. It doesn't make any difference and constant references your are making to race William_x are rather useless. Atlanta has the support of it's suburbs.

Why are the references useless:

No one on this board cares where you are from or otherwise, yet you seem to be the one who is always on the grand stand saying: ohh your white and from suburbs you hate all black people.. Or you have no say in Detroit what makes you better than me.. Just because someone lives in the suburbs does NOT mean they hate black people or otherwise.. Or in fact that they white!

And you got called out without facts on the fight with the council women, the other women she had a fight with was black.. Ohh she lives in the suburbs.. So what.. Most black middle-class are moving out of the city.. You jumped on the race card as soon as you heard that the first comment on the fight just because she was from the suburbs.. DO YOUR RESEARCH before using that cop out.. (cop out I mean in the race card)

Why are you so afraid of white people.. And your statements you have made prove that.. Every forum you say we are here to take over and otherwise.. We on the forum DO NOT CARE about that... We want to make Detroit a great city.. What you don't think people know that Detroit is 87% is black. I fail to see how this have ANY relavance in suggesting ideas for Detroit. What just because I don't live below 8 mile doesn't give me the right to make a comments.. Please..

Without the suburbs DETROIT WILL FAIL! Lets look at the facts again:

Detroit is losing population at an alarming rate(please provide the figures fomumers)

Detroit's tax base is getting lower EVERYDAY!

Businesses are locating in the Suburbs not due to race or the city.. But the fact the taxes are LOWER and the workforce is located there.

Detroit's crime is the highest in the nation.. No matter how you play the numbers.. Be it race, gender, and income, Detroit is at the bottom of the scale.. Why is that? Detroit is not welcoming to business and is not addressing city residents concerns. And the police force is not cracking down on the dealers.. Yeah some will say: Well they are filling the suburbs desire for drugs.. Then why are they not located in the suburbs? Hmmm.. Let me think hard about this one.. The police are turning a blind eye to bag the big dealers.. Guess what they aren't even in the state anymore.. They are probably in Ohio or Canada.. Crack down on the little dealers... see what happens..

Every Detroit government official elected to office in the last 30 years has been only addressing the immediate concerns (and there own interests) and has not looked at the long term (REGIONAL) plan. The city tends to only think of itself.. The suburbs are guilty of the same.. But I ask why have the suburbs prospering.. Yet the city is in shambles? That is a true question.. I don't have an answer for.. But I bet it has NOTHING to do with race.. More than likely it's economics..

I have NEVER heard a forumer ANYWHERE on this forum use the race card in reverse.. Blaming Detroit for it's problems.. But everytime you (william_x) assume that we are blaming Detroit for all problems.. Not true! We need Detroit and Detroit needs us.. Get your facts straight.. The race card is getting rather old and calling someone a racist is a quick way of not proving your point.. It's a cop out..

Yes racism exists in the world.. But blaming everything on a cracker or white person is just a simply way of saying I have NO IDEA what I am talking about or I have no REAL answer for the topic at hand..

What about the racism between black and arabs? You assume that everyone is the suburbs is white the way you word your posts.. The suburbs are actually more diverse than Detroit by 10 fold.. Ohh what it's not 87% black so that doesn't matter... Hell yes it does.. We have the most diverse population in the nation.. Arab, Indian, Russian, Polish, Italian, Latino and otherwise.. Get a grip.. It's not black versus white anymore...

Everytime I see a post from William_X and Rasputin I keep thinking they feel there is a invisible force out to keep them down.. You want know something.. IT DOESN'T exist.. It's all in your head.. Have you EVER heard anyone on this board EVER blame black people or the city for that matter for ANYTHING? NOOOOO...

You need to put the race card AWAY.. You claim the suburbs are out to get you.. Yes we are.. We are out to improve the city, bring jobs to the region to all people...

If Detroit communities do not improve it's going to be bad for us.. Why does Detroit have the highest poverty, unemployment, and flight to the suburbs rate in the country.. I offer a few answers:

Detroit Metro relies WAY to much on the Auto Industry.

Most businesses in this area are tied to the Auto Industry therefore the Auto fails the region fails

Unions are hurting the region.. Yes I will get ALOT of flack on this.. But you have enjoyed the best benefits of ANYONE in the country.. The time of unions is coming to a close.. They had there place, but in the world economy they will gone very soon. They did GREAT good for alot of people, but worldwide this tread has NOT taken hold.. Why? Because people need jobs.. simply put if they are paid 18 bucks an hour versus the 40 bucks an hour union folks are paid... Most people outside of Detroit would line up across the block for a job that pays that much.. Yet the union members have a problem with paying more into health care, or pension accounts... We wonder why this region is failing...DAMN

This whole region has a standard living well above the standard line worker.. Which is part of the reason Detroit is failing..

Why has toyota not located a manufacturing plant in michigan? They located there plant in the south.. People were lining around the block to get jobs that paid 15-22 an hour... Instead of fighting with the unions..

This region will decline for quite sometime until the standard of living is returned to the US average. Yes Detroit is suffering.. But on average the income is better than the national average...

Alot of big houses will go for sale.

Alot of people will declare Bankruptcy..

The whole regions housing pricing will decline greatly...

These are bad times for the Detroit Metro Area.. And it will only get worse until we do the following things:

Quit using race in selection of people who do business in the city.. Stop the shit of it must be black (% whatever) to build in the city.

Reach out to business that does not have ANYTHING to do with AUTO

Get together as a region to solve problems..

Create a mass transit system that serves all communities..

Give tax credits to businesses that actually want to locate in Detroit.. (only a 1/4 way there)..

End the city and business tax in Detroit..

Sell the City Lighting Department

Sell the City Water Department; Make it regionally owned.. Ohh this is a cash cow for Detroit..

Sell all city property..

FINE EVERY owner that lets there property to become abandoned or so bad kids are worried about getting mugged... If they do NOT comply repo.. and DEMO! Seek Federal Funds to do so...

Yeah, That's a huge post.. But in summary I am not really calling out Willam_X but I am stating using the race card is bullshit.. Give a good reason.. Not something you think is going on in your head...

Have fun with this folks...

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3613
Posted From: 207.74.111.30
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 4:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's tell those folks to join the socialist party. Abolish all capitalism, abolish all neo-imperialism, abolish all people who worked for the origarchical collectivism. No wages no salaries, the things you get is based on what you have earned while you all worked. Abolish all body leaders in the government and establish a commune government where the people are the government. SOLIDARTY FOREVER.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.