Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Why does there have to be so much bullschitt in life? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 742
Posted From: 205.188.116.201
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Five Americans injured in a terrorist bombing in Jerusalem have laid claim to artifacts at the Detroit Institute of Arts and the University of Michigan to partially satisfy a $71.5 million judgment they won against the Iranian government.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20051209/METRO /512090351&SearchID=7322905615 4338

William_x
Username: William_x

Post Number: 60
Posted From: 4.165.48.115
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup There is so much hate towards each other until hate turns into a fight because of many dislikes.A perfect example is the United Snakes of Murders aka Bush Inc.Why in the hell is the troops fighting over in Iran,Iraq,and the entire middle east? Because nobody here in America wants to admit that Daddy Bush and Baby Bush was wrong,and now their enemies is striking back.George Bush Jr lied when he claimed Iraq had dangerous weapons,but none was found in Iraq. So by Daddy Bush & his Republicians losing Desert Storm,the old bastard told the President that Saddam was behind the WTC bombing,and the person Bush Jr should have went after should have been his ex best friend Osama.In closing Americans should not be over there period,bring the men and women home,and Bush Jr should stop starting shit everywhere he goes.Bush wants oil and he is willing to pay for it with our Sons and Daughters lifes,and where is his dopehead Daughters at?

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4546
Posted From: 141.213.175.233
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What does that racist and grammatically incorrect rant have to do with the article posted?

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 63
Posted From: 198.103.184.76
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Subject meet verb....

Now back to the article: I find it appalling that these American plaintiffs would go after antiquities in venerable American institutions. Do the plaintiffs actually believe they are punishing Iran by suing Harvard, U-M and the DIA? Of course not, they are just looking to make a buck. Iran's compliance in state-sponsored terror aside, these antiquities now belong to highly respected American institutions and should remain so for the benefit of all Americans (and the rest of the world) to see.

Huggybear
Username: Huggybear

Post Number: 92
Posted From: 70.233.6.56
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. What's next? Going after Persian rugs in people's houses, too?

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 901
Posted From: 68.61.183.223
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well... heres the thing... They might eventually claim ownership of them (godforbid) The DIA and co will still get to keep these assets but have to pay out a percentage of their ticket sales to these plainiffs for eternity. Basically it puts ownership in there hands therefore they will set their own rules to show them off. Chances are they will find the museum that will pay them the most to show them off...

Still fuking bullshit... but thats what would happen.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2058
Posted From: 208.138.31.188
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If anything this might protect the Iranian objects in the DIA. Why would the Iranian govt. ever attempt to lay claim to them when, if they went through the expense of litigating the claim and won, they could then lose them to this settlement.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 276
Posted From: 68.248.2.48
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suggest we drop the plaintiffs off in Tehran and wish them a good day...what a bunch of worthless pieces of crap they are!

Username: 1953

Post Number: 626
Posted From: 4.165.99.227
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absurd.

The DIA should file a counter suit alleging that by being in a dangerous place and becoming victims of Iranian-backed violence, the plantiffs made America look weak and stupid, hampering future DIA efforts to obtain artwork from around the globe.

Irish_mafia

Post Number: 278
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great 1953!

William_x

Post Number: 73
Posted From: 4.165.105.108
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the_aram I see you are trying to be a pain in the ass with your negetive posts and replies.I suggest that you back your ass up from posting ANYTHING to me if you can't come correct.I am probley older then you are,and you need to learn some respect before you get dis respected.WHATEVER I want to post just as long as its my Opinion,and its not being a racist its okay to post my opinion,and if you don't like it that don't sign on under neither one of your names to harrass people.Whatever I submitted is my opinion,and I will not allow clowns like you to kill my spirit.Lowell you see this person spitting venom in each post,and I did not join this forum to be attacked by a internet punk. Now the_aram reply to what I just posted.

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 18
Posted From: 68.33.206.90
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no personal attack William---but you really do need to take an English class. I do agree with your opinions on the Bush family. We (Americans) are lethargic when it comes to the lies that have been fed to us by our federal goveernment.
But, I do think many Americans who voted for Mr. Bush are starting to realize that they made have made a mistake. To bad it is so late. The problems we will face as a nation will last for a very long time because of his lies.

Irish_mafia

Post Number: 279
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Why in the hell is the troops fighting over in Iran"

That sums up the level of discourse... I bet if you keep saying it, there are people on this sight that will beleive that the troops are fighting in Iran...get an education man.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 914
Posted From: 68.248.15.192
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...there are people on this sight (sic) that will beleive(sic) that the troops are fighting in Iran...get an education man."

Enough said.

Irish_mafia

Post Number: 280
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Gdub,

You get an education...and I'll get a spell checker.

Nuff said!

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 983
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjw-atcha:

"no" (starting a sentence with a lower-case letter)

"goveernment"(sic)

"made have made" (???????)

"To bad it is so late" ("TOO bad it is TOO late.")

Anyway, this has got to be one of the most vivid displays of American greed (right up there with the "War on Terror").

The_aram

Post Number: 4551
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

William_x, thanks for proving my point.

What's wrong with the American educational system? Or was William_x too stubborn thinking he was wronged by The Man to pay attention to how to write proper English?

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 424
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Y'all be tripp'in__ I's glad I's speak Ebonically correct.

......"has nothing to do with correct grammer and syntax, which are of no importance so long as one makes one's meaning clear".....

--james orwell--

'Willaim_x' the grim haters of Black potential are the ones whose lanquage is most opprobrious.

super d(motordetroit)

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 916
Posted From: 68.248.15.192
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ouch! irishmafia, I can't bear the sting of your wicked barbs! Please, have mercy on my fragile, uneducated mind.

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1824
Posted From: 63.149.5.130
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

William X - Don't mind Aram he is a snotty little priviledged kid at U of M. He is trying to show us how smart he is by trying to put you down.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 1896
Posted From: 67.163.181.81
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so what are the the DIA and UoM doing with apparently looted artifacts? If they don't have a clear claim of ownership to the objects what are they doing showin 'em off ... what if someone with a jury award against the CoD took claim of, say, the looted Lee Plaza lions or maybe a Deroit manhole cover used as an object d'art in a suburban rec room-cum-art studio? ... hey! more power to 'em right?

... I'm sorry but "we stole these fair and square, steal yer own stuff somewhere else" rings false ...

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 700
Posted From: 69.219.103.48
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

... I'm sorry but "we stole these fair and square, steal yer own stuff somewhere else" rings false ...

tell that to the british with their parthenon pediment...

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 1897
Posted From: 67.163.181.81
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

... okay ... so does "hey those guys did it too, why are you pickin' on us?" justify the apparent theft?

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 701
Posted From: 69.219.103.48
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no really...tell that to the british. i wasn't using it as a justification for us... (well, and to point out that's how most countries got their "anitquities")

William_x

Post Number: 89
Posted From: 4.165.45.73
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The_Aram I can tell that you a wannabe nerd with <o^o> glasses. Well I hope U of M teaches you to learn the Education is a longgg ways from street senses.However I see how you was selected to attend the U of M,and you better be thankful you have a green card.

The_nerd
Username: The_nerd

Post Number: 266
Posted From: 192.5.109.49
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't fancy the idea of using the American judicial system to further one's foreign policy goals. I'm sorry that these people were injured, but it sets a bad example that could be used worldwide for political aims. God forbid "victims" of American actions use their home country's judicial system to confiscate American property.

I thought we learned the lessons of forcing nations to pay for military actions at Versailles.

The_aram

Post Number: 4560
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

and you better be thankful you have a green card.

You're quite the master with the biting wit, aren't you? My family has been in this country for 100 years now. Nice try, though.

Lowell, how much longer are we going to keep this racist clown around here?

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1828
Posted From: 68.40.105.21
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aram - He just makes your feel uncomfortable with thoughts that gather in the cob webs of your mind. Don't let it get to you...maybe you will learn something. Everyone can contribute something to any discussion. Just open your mind.

Machoken
Username: Machoken

Post Number: 1073
Posted From: 68.62.2.248
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the kind of thread that makes me want to join hotfudgedetroit, sit down on one of their plush couches, roll my own and smoke a nice big fatty with Andy.

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 902
Posted From: 68.61.183.223
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so ANYWHO.....

Even IF the suit were to be allowed to continue... the statuate of limitations means that the DIA owns em fair and square... They ARE NOT property of Iran... in any WAY SHAPE OR FORM...

If that were the case, Michigan would still be part of Canada.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1366
Posted From: 68.255.237.192
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alexei289:
Nice transition.

Yes, I'd have to say that the statue of limitations expired before any of the five defendants from NY were even born.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.