Discuss Detroit » NON-DETROIT ISSUES » Where, when, and by whom it began « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 19161
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check this montage out.

Real dates, times, video and audio clips for all the liberals who were bamboozled by the real perpetrators into thinking the mess was the result of "the market" and not these bad guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cMnSp4qEXNM&NR=1

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19162
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TxgSubmiGt8&feature=related

and for laughs (but also real audio clips)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cImTPICrIF4&feature=related

enjoy.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19163
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a peep?

Home run?

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19181
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump for a classic that leaves the liberals speechless.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3960
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're talkin' to yourself again, Bats. :-)

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4565
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

who controlled the congress again?

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19182
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's it? The best you can do?

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19183
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW...we are speaking of the disaster in waiting that is/was Freddie and Fannie....chartered by congress in 1968.

Your question again Gibran?

Who controlled the congress? In 1968? Hmmm, take a guess.

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 400
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good videos- too bad people let their own personal politics prevent them from taking in all evidence.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 8613
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry, bats, but the numbers simply don't support your fannie on this -- even right-wing economists acknowledge that. fannie and freddie did not issue the underground insurance policies cum securities that are the root of this problem. were they mismanaged -- yes. are they the root? clearly, no

Stosh
Username: Stosh

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I consider the source when reviewing videos of this nature. Fox News is not a credible news source. Try again. Montage is correct. It's manipulated from different days.

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4566
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok and who owns the original loans and who were the wall street bankers? so let's see..bankers, congress, loan originators..plenty of blame..and yes even the Democrats...but again..who was in charge over the last eight years? This was not an isolated variable, depsite whattalking heads would like you to acknowledge: try increased fuel, building materials,loans, war debt, Wall street greed etc....

As far as the warnings:I can say the sky is falling all I want ...but it's those with the power to say here's an umbrella that have the power to make things happen and it seems that your republican congress was in charge over the last 8 years, why didn't they stop it.

1968 bats..reaching on that one...funny, maybe the American Dream of owning your own home was hijacked by greed like anything else...that seems to fall under extremes in free market concepts...seems under Democrats our economy actually becomes somewhat equal...

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 8615
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, and Bats, Fannie was a new deal thing -- it was PRIVATIZED in 68

Classicyesfan
Username: Classicyesfan

Post Number: 599
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stosh is right when he says "Fox News is not a credible news source."

"FAUX News" is widely considered biased and unrepresentative of reality. They do however tell it exactly as their company wishes it to be told, according to the specifications of their dedicated Archie Bunker viewers.

Mopardan
Username: Mopardan

Post Number: 230
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe this is what CYF is talking about...

Kent Brockman

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1678
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CC...which president gloriously removed us from that all too pesky GOLD STANDARD that backs up our money with actual currency? I'm sure that the trade of treasury bills in lieu of actual financial backing might have in someway lead to the devaluing of the dollar...

Anyone? Anyone???

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1768
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Good videos- too bad people let their own personal politics prevent them from taking in all evidence.

Considering that the OP has demonstrated without any doubt, that he is as far to the right as someone can possibly become without completely falling off the political chart, that statement reeks of sheer irony.

There is not a trace of humanity involved in most of his posts, just generalized condemnation of liberals by spouting Randian philosophy, and he gives strong evidence of not reading other posters links, so why should I click on his?

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1994
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is no link he could ever post I would click on. Vacuous is the word that comes to mind regarding anything coming from that direction.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1288
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you guys scared Bats back to his cave with rational thoughts...

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7834
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

batcave

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19185
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chartered by congress in 1968...pseudo privatized, NEVER PRIVATE. New Deal is when it started, and guess what direction the people that started it leaned in?

The source is not impeachable when these are audio/video clips of these folks saying what they said for all to see/hear. Liberals here are just ashamed to face these FACTS. That purposeful ignorance will harm who?? The person/persons in denial and lapping up the bilge that will sink them/us further into misery.

Hey Barney, when are you going to deliver on your promise to investigate Freddie and Fannie after the election?

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1773
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I note with amusement that Ccbatson skips over history, cherry-picking Democrats as he moves from FDR to Obama, who has been in office all of a little more than a month.

It would have been interesting to read his defense of a McCain/Palin executive office, with say...a clear and filibuster-proof GOP majority Congress by 2011, as well as the King of Deregulation, Phil (mental-recession) Gramm, as McCain's chief economic advisor.

Full employment probably would have eventually been guaranteed for every free US citizen...considering that the unemployed would have become either drafted to fight in WWIII The Great Patriotic War On Islamic Terrorism, or the unfit and useless remainder soon becoming deceased or imprisoned due to homelessness, poverty, illness, being aged, and/or starvation, having lost their former government-provided entitlements.

Ah, well...those stone-cold and uncompassionate Objectivists can only dream of what might have been....if not for the bumbling and fumbling of Dubya.

(Message edited by Flanders_field on March 05, 2009)

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19220
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, as soon as I find a tape of a conservative (a real conservative) defending socialized housing (AKA "affordable housing" and Freddie/Fannie), then I will consider that possibility.

In the meanwhile, what I have seen is conservatives opposing GSE's and Democrats defending them...and coincidentally being very well to do it by Freddie/Fannie.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BatshitCrazy...How come you never answer me when I put you on the spot? Which president took the United States of the gold standard thus eliminating the need for actual backing of our currency?

Detroitej72

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D-mcc, whenever Bats has no answers, he pretends not to see the question. Its a tried and true way of the right to ignore the questions that render you speachless.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2029
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hitchhiker's Guide to Non-Detroit Issues

1. Ignore questions where a point will be lost
2. Issue pithy and inflammatory short responses
3. If your favorite partisan is shown to be part of the problem, then he's not a "real" partisan
4. Love your party first and America second
5. Revel in the attention that other knee-jerk partisans give you
6. Communicate your opinions in absolutes (more effective if you also are condescending)
7. Don't read, just type
8. If all else fails, issue an ad hominem (your towel)

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19230
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry...I agree D_mcc, taking us off the gold standard was a huge mistake.

A bit out of context for our current predicament however.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1695
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No...not at all..since you are the first to jump all over the presidents in power during other points of history, be a doll and enlighten us all...which president oversaw the removing of the american dollar from the gold standard

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1343
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good list East_detroit (your post # 2029). Some solipsist (d/w)on't deny their solitude and may even wear it as a badge.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19246
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It doesn't matter who did the wrong thing, just that it was wrong.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1703
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HA! Bullshit, You Rail against Clinton for NAFTA, yet you never discuss how the big time negotiations were mulled over by Bush I, come on brother...You can't be THAT vapid...

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19274
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I railed against Clinton for NAFTA? I railed against anyone for NAFTA? I railed against free trade/NAFTA?

Check your sources D_mcc.

Detroitej72

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bats must have loved Clinton, since NAFTA is all about free market principles.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1723
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still haven't answered my question. So I will assume your are clueless and don't know...But *gasp* it was a republican! And the only one who had to resign from office because of his misdeeds... Richard M. Nixon...wow...who would have thought a fiscal conservative would have done such a thing???

Oladub
Username: Oladub

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D_mcc, Roosevelt seized gold from American citizens and then devalued the Dollar from $20 an ounce to $35 an ounce to pay off government creditors with cheap dollars. Nixon, as you say, totally got rid of the gold standard to pay for the Vietnam War without having to raise taxes to do so. Like Roosevelt, he paid off debts by inflating the number of dollars. The higher prices caused by this inflation later doomed Carter. I didn't know that Richard Nixon was a fiscal conservative.

All fiat dollars eventually collapse. The melt value of pre-1965 dimes, quarters, half-dollars, and silver dollars are all worth $9.97 per dollar of change by contrast.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.