Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Archive through March 30, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 71
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG It's Hawaiian time of course,6hrs before, your dinner time is my breakfast. But It's always 5 O'Clock somewhere!!!! Isle are you bringing something for the time capsule? I hope you all do? please give it to 1kd so he can take care of the darn thing? Mahalo rr

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 450
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey baby...whats up with you !

Detroitgirl80
Username: Detroitgirl80

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HOOVER!!!!

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 201
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Old Guy thanks..Cranked up yesss..This is a little diferent check out Brother John http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UWZ6G5TN524&feature=related

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 202
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just finished a 2 week run of Les Miserables...The toughest play I have ever done..Time for a little Chill Out Music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-q4foLKDlcE

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 590
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn! That was a great old chair! Hey Gash, Was that thing green? Gray?

Margie....who's the biker chick? C'mon. You can tell us.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 591
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 221
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnft....I'm sixty yrs old, grew up in the 60s. lived at the GarWood, hung around you and how ever many other rockers.....I don't have a memory and you want me to remember what color a dog was when we were kids......c'mon

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 592
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeh.....sorry. I forgot. My bad.

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 197
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Mornin'Ya'll, Thanks for the hugs and hammers, they struck close to home. The ball peen used to be one of my favorite toys Old Guy.Made me tear up. On a lighter note, I saw a photo of Jennifer Lopez wearing M.C. Hammers pants.Cool.I played my Derriere off last night with the Allison Lewis band. Peace.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 593
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's okay, Candy. There is something about Jennifer Lopez and you playing your derriere off last night.....well, I just think there's a visual in there that needs some clarification.

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 128
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stn the dog was brown -3 shades ..
.Whaler how does a very white man sing the blues like that? and Joni....she's taken some hearts (SteveStills) and mine... a question- does anybody know the lady's name that Timothy B. Schmidt (Eagles) is referring to in the song "Try and Love Again" ? its just bugging me..I know there's a story there...

Gashl1

Post Number: 222
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnft.....Ooooopppsssss....oh, you mean the chair color.....well in that case .....I still can't remember....for the same reasons
I digresss to Glmns input

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 594
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gleeman...the #1 story about "Try and Love Again" is that Timothy B. Schmidt ain't singing it. Randy Meisner ("Take It To The Limit") is the guy responsible for those great tunes. Glen Frye started getting pissed at Randy cause he wrote and sang better...ego clash....Glen's and Don's band....punches thrown...Frye gets clocked pretty good....adios Randy Meisner. Harmonies never the same after that. Tim B. writes and sings "Love Will Keep Us Alive"!?? COME ON!!

Gash...now I remember! I sat on the dog and fell asleep after I took the chair out for a walk. The dog turned gray/green cause he couldn't breath much. That's what it was. Yup.

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 610
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a guess about the colors back then.

c.gif

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 595
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG...red eye removal button??

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 274
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

such a visionary
I can hear him now MOM!!!! MOM!!!! DAD!!!!! DAD!!!!!!!!
did U see that woweeeeeeeee
as Gashl looks on and says ha wait till U see what I can do.....

Gleeman

Post Number: 129
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well I never knew none o' that... but am tryin to learn that friggn song... its those background vocals are so righteous...

the dog looks like maybe some Malamute in there, so I could be wrong...just grays and white now.

42 and rain

Gashl1

Post Number: 223
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And we are still waiting....and that explains the rather odd pets I have had...pet door knob.... tried breeding table legs for a while....I hated having to feed the pet lawn chair.....thanks for straightening me out.....

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 596
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gash...you NEVER fed the lawnchair. I always had to do it! You were terrified of it! Then it just disappeared one day. Poof! Gone! I cried. Dad felt so bad for me that he brought me home a barstool from the V&J Tap. All was right with the world then. Yup. Hunky-Dory in my little world.

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 277
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am rolling over laughing. I grew up with FOUR brothers an two sisters .... and I had to fend all those hands just to eat. My favorite older brother and I used to sneak cans of vegetables, the can opener, and a couple of spoons and hide behind the enclosed back porch couch and feast. Funny how someone else's photo's can bring back such delicious memories..... thanks

Okay, I am going to let the cat out of the bag, with my nick name..
oh this hurts.. but I was so skinny that they called me bean pole.
Anyone else want to share their nick names??????

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 72
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beanpole how cute, I like Margie's baby pic and Larry and Gary kids in a chair in color was great,Hats off to anyone who can sing the Randy Meisner Try and Love again that is a special song, here is the crater haleakala on top of the volcano and a beach shot is the canyon is where they keep the Maui Wowie.rr

Gashl1

Post Number: 224
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nick names.....hell i thought my name was as@#ole, or dic$%ead, for the longest time then I realized they were talking to my brother.....I did have and imaginary friend for a long time, but we got in this big argument about 20yrs ago, haven't spoken to him since then...guys was a real schmuck anyway.....luv your pic RR...you are one lucky girl.....enjoy

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 451
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By the time the Eagles were recording Hotel California, relationships had deteriorated considerably. While Frey and Henley continued to work together creating hits, their personal conflicts also grew. Joe Walsh had been brought in to replace Leadon, and while his contributions continued to move the band in a rock-oriented direction, Meisner felt increasingly left behind. "Try and Love Again" was his only lead on the album, written alone; the song stuck out as the only one on the album not aligned with the Frey/Henley vision of the disillusion created by success that wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
http://www.myspace.com/timothy _bschmit

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 597
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about Don Felder, guys?? Screaming lead licks trade off with Joe Walsh on "Hotel California"? Wrote the music for same. Don Felder came in after Bernie Leadon, then along came Joe. Was at a party for a couple days up in Topanga Canyon at Spanky's house (Spanky and Our Gang) and Bernie Leaden was there. Talked with him for a while; at least I tried to. Dude was out there somewhere and it wasn't drugs. He's was STRANGE! Even for Hollywood. He went back to his little trailer and I never saw him again. Wierd.

Gleeman

Post Number: 130
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

incredible
about that
and about you ... all ...

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 611
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gleeman, you didn't break Hoover's fingers when you were in Florida did you?

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rockin Girl, is that the photo of the rainbow you took while we were talking on saturday? Little Beach, huh? You're such as smart a**. I resemb......uh,ummmm, I mean I....resent that remark.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 598
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WHERE IN THE HELL IS ROCKETWIT!?

Hey Glmn....is that one of those mountains you rode down in Rona's photo? F^&%$ing fantastic! The shot of you over in France is a keeper too. Have you got a guitar rack on any of your bikes?

Hoover must be on tour with his pole dancers.

Whaler...congrats on Les Miserables. Huge production. If you recover in time, you might be able to grab these two up and comers for a production of "Some Like It Hot".
lookuot broadway!

Gleeman

Post Number: 131
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stn, Mt. Haleakala is a 10.000 ft monster on Maui..at the top is a huge crater which has been widely photographed-just Google Haleakala...there's a great road which goes all the way to the top-many switchbacks, and it gets fairly steep near the top. It's been a road cyclists dream-challenge for decades, and they have downhill tours for tourists on mountain bikes(fat tires)-riders equipped with helmets with headphones..usually 15-20 riders in these groups. The challenge for avid cyclists is to do the climb to the top.. (took me over 4 hours)...rest for only a minute or so as it gets cold at around 38-40 degrees, then do the descent-it takes a couple hours to do just the descent.., and both times I was flying by the tour groups and the cars descending at only about 35 mph...on the bike I could get up to 40-50 mph, leaning into turns, etc..this is easily the most exhiliarating downhill I've ever done it was a few years ago...I've hit my peak and now am not attempting such climbs. The first year I did this I started like 1/3 of the way up, went to the top, did the downhill and rode back to the condo on the North shore of Maui-- a 95 mile ride with 10,000 ft. of cumulative elevation..yes, very tired but happy at the end of that one..if you pace yourself and try not to go too strong at the beginning, it's a lot easier to do..just like singing a difficult song ...