Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Archive through March 28, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4348
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ruth - now why do I have a Squirrels folder?

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4351
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How many times have I heard the Carmina Barana, and loved it ?

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 445
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Penny these are just for you

Margie

Post Number: 446
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Come on boys..lets just share

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 588
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

clear, cobalt blue skies; a few puffy little clouds; 75' under sunny skies with a warm wind blowing up out of the south over my shoulder.

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 122
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hazy, some sun, 54', slight breeze right in your face, and the
Pistons take on the Wizards tonite...

oh yeah

Gleeman

Post Number: 123
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

..not wanting to mess up anybodys Utopian afternoon, Stone's months old inquiry into the plight of the U of M Football situation has prompted me to merely assess the Michigan Basketball team progress and point out that U of M this season beat DUKE, Illinois, and after 10 years, finally got into the NCAA Tournament, beat Clemson, lost narrowly to Oklahoma, and have put a solid footprint back on the collegiate map...
nuff said on that one ... Go Blue ...

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 605
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cold, storm clouds on the horizon with sleet and dust blowing in ahead of the storm as the winds pick up. The ground, beginning to tremble, dogs howling and a strange sulfur like smell permeating the air. The police, simultaneously kicking in the front and back doors. Someone took the last beer out of the refrigerator.

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 171
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So here's my take on sports - any Detroit team (even if they are not winning) is my favorite and ANY team that beats the snot out of Illinois is my hero! And I'll be loyal to UM until I die. U of M ladies gymnasts were in town for a meet with Purdue and Illinois just last week. U of M won of course. All the gymnasts were at our favorite restaurant that night. Made us long for A2. We broke out into a rousing chorus of "Hail to the Victors." - Hmmm - we're not the favorite couple around Champaign these days - I wonder why.........

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 200
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gleeman...What is your take on the Pistons..I have followed them since they played at Cobo Hall..I use to take alot of photos of the Kelly Tripuka ,Isiah Thomas Days..I will have to dig them out..I think they need som fresh blood..Stick with the Core Add a Chris Bosh and a few more???..Ruth I am a Die Hard Wolverine (Hail Hail) at one point I had gone to 88 Stright Home football games My dad use to have Great Seats Sec 23 row 57...Those were the days...My Wife and Daughter are both Spartans hahaha

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gar wood folk :There is no passion to be found in playing small--In settling for a life that is less than what you are capable of LIVING/ BY NELSON MANDELA

Rockinrona

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This for all the Gar Wood Gals

Old_guy

Post Number: 606
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See! This is why it's so hard for guys in todays world. Nothing for us.

Old_guy

Post Number: 607
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here. This is for all the Garwood guys.

h.gif

Gleeman

Post Number: 124
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whaler..I still love the Pistons...all their recent losses were really very close...they're without Sheed, Rip and A.I. (I like RIP better) and they have a great young team that will eventually be a force again in the NBA... the Billups thing...maybe a mistake, but don't blame the coach.. I hate Coach blaming ...I went to the Magic game in Orlando a coupla weeks ago and it was a gas... ya Ruth, wear maize and blu in Illinois...

Rona I've climbed Mt. Haleakala 2 times on the roadbike and descended it 3 times...passing cars.. so I know what Hawaii's like...love Molokai...

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 272
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I had to find some dancing squirrels and a touch of humor for all those great shots posted, here are a few more...

http://squirrelswithhammers.co m/

http://dancejam.com/videos/105 4589189-squirrels-dancing-to-m ichael-jackso

Gleeman

Post Number: 125
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

..O.G.. .....
hammer

Gleeman

Post Number: 126
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whaler, one more thing...the Pistons beat Orlando in Orlando...the Celtics didn't ...

Rockinrona

Post Number: 68
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's to the ,Gar wood guys!! going skinny dipping again, Glee I thought only Lance Armstrong bicycled up the crater Rd. 10 thousand ft. up? You the MAN.

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 131
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As far as sports goes this is the only true sport left in America

Rockinrona

Post Number: 69
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey OG this is Little Beach at Makena, (nude sunbathing) Wonder why I'ts called little bch.?? Lots of men there that day enjoying them selves,ha ha LOL rr

Rockinrona

Post Number: 70
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stoneft. This is the beach next to little bch It's called Big Beach this is where spring break comes alive with g strings and I don't mean music

Gleeman

Post Number: 127
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bentspur, the girls on South Beach might differ with you on that...
...right S.R.. ?

Old_guy

Post Number: 608
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rona, what time is it in Hawaii?

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 273
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey Rona great pic's

Bentspur is that you in post 131?

Margie

Post Number: 447
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://vids.myspace.com/index. cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual &VideoID=591211
Did someone say sport ?

Margie

Post Number: 448
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie

Post Number: 449
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old_guy

Post Number: 609
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a sport too. These guys weren't cranked at all.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2x0P2xje4uE

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 589
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Margie....What's up?