Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » How Get Burned on House on City Demo List « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 978
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are recently three burned out houses with a block of my home.

I heard that there is a mechanism to get these houses put on a list for emergency demolition with the Stimulus money.

Is this correct? Where to go?

It's a shame to use this money for demolition of privately owned property, but at least one of the burned out properties is owned by a notorious slumlord who hasn't paid taxes in years on his many properties. If Detroit can't force tax payments, how require that he tear down the house?

Russix
Username: Russix

Post Number: 233
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buildings & Safety Engineering Dept.
313-224-2733
This is where I call to check the status of buildings on the Demo list, I think you can report buildings here as well.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1898
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck, Southwest.
We, in Hubbard Farms, have been fighting with a negligent landlord to get a burned-out rowhouse razed for a year come this May. B&S is mostly just BS. Fortunately, then-Rep. Tobocman and current Rep. Tlaib have staffs that are very attentive to the community's needs and have fought to try to get this blight taken care of. Unfortunately, they've been unsuccessful.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.