Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Community Garden on MLK and 3rd??? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cycledetroit
Username: Cycledetroit

Post Number: 93
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am trying to find out who runs the Garden at MLK and 3rd. I ran into a nice girl who works for Detroiters Working for Environmental Justice, and her group wants to do a clean up of the area, but they want the OK from who ever runs the Garden first. (they dont want to step on anyones toes)

Thanks!!

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 313
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Believe me, you will not be stepping on ANYONE'S toes if you clean that area up.

She can email me at the contact us link www.caninetofivedetroit.com

Please tell her THANK YOU for cleaning that area up!

Birdie
Username: Birdie

Post Number: 148
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm trying to picture the garden there...where is it? there's the birdtown garden near mlk on cass. i'd be interested to know if there is another one. and the clean up sounds great - i'm sure no one would mind!

Cycledetroit
Username: Cycledetroit

Post Number: 94
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to drive by to see what garden she is talking about, I think she said it is across from the NSO.

Thanks again!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9145
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please let us know when they'll be there.

Be a few of us who will make time to help free this area of the clutter, if only for a while until those individuals who gravitate around the aid place trash it up again...although I've seen cycles of decay reversed by something as simple as a group action like this.

Cheers

J_to_the_jeremy
Username: J_to_the_jeremy

Post Number: 205
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That area needs a good cleaning. I might have to walk down and help out if I'm free when they're down there.

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: