Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » CBS Feature on Detroit/Final Four/MSU « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1439
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would post this in the sports thread,but it is very much Detroit related, and the video has many images of our favorite city landmarks! CBS' basketball coverage featured a story about MSU's push to make the Final Four.

I'm not sure if anyone saw this yesterday, but it had me in tears and I am not at all ashamed to say it. I am as green blooded as it gets, and as a resident of Detroit this really hit home for me. The segment talked about how MSU's run towards the final four is being embraced by many in the area that generally would not take notice.

This seems to be one of thos rare instances in sports where the game is bigger than just the game...this game today has the ability to give our struggling city a reason to stand up and be proud. Whether you are a Spartan or Wolverine, a city resident or a suburbanite, or even a sports fan or not this has the potential to be a special occasion for all of us.

I am posting from my phone so I cannot post the link,but if someone wants to go to You Tube and search "CBS Feature on MSU" and post the link, I think everyone would enjoy it.

My flag is hanging up proudly in front of the house this morning. Go Green!

Roq
Username: Roq

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed, it's a nice piece.
Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fdMb_FsC0GU

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BUMP!!

The Spartans won today and will be representing the Big Ten Conference and the STATE of Michigan!!

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 275
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

double BUMP..
well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****GO GREEN ...GO DETROIT..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fdMb_FsC0GU

Lo_to_d
Username: Lo_to_d

Post Number: 121
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am one Wolverine who will be whole-heartedly rooting for the Spartans! ...Never thought I would say that. Go Green!

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5464
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MSU v NC

Orange_barrel
Username: Orange_barrel

Post Number: 100
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice piece.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.