Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Archive through March 26, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 602
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try typing in a comment, then post it. Don't try to preview it.

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 578
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone sent an email around that may have seemed a little on the sarcastic side. The guy tells me that was supposed to be some kind of inside joke and there was no bad intent. He's very sorry if that's the way it came across. Just thought I'd pass that along.

A body on the couch gets my vote and since I don't see a flyswatter or t-shirt in the vicinity I'll assume that guy that lives there was in a coma.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 579
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dgrl...that's my greyhat on Peaties pretty little head and if you think I had a big head back then........................

Type the comment and drop down the profile options and keep clicking on one til you find the one that works. Bshmrk had it right and I just kept hitting post comment til it worked.

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok...yer ALL right ! its a bod on the couch !
(see what happens in a Collier photo !)

Gleeman

Post Number: 119
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried it again - no luck OG I didn't try to preview it...it just defaults to that after I try to post...

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 437
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sure it's Peatie girl.
Gash...What cha plantin in yer garden?
http://www.avant-gardening.com /virtual4.html
Check out the building of this Hogan

Detroitgirl80
Username: Detroitgirl80

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Margie, that's some very creative gardening! I live in an octagon house too. It was built in the 70's. I would love to have a fireplace like that. Here's a pic of one of my woodburners. It's over 100 yrs old. Hey, I live in Michigan,,

Margie

Post Number: 438
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey...where that pic...I want to see that house

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 580
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think she's trying to tell you that she has no heat.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4284
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Until Detroitgirl80 posts, here's the 1860 Octagon house up at 26 and Van Dyke, Margie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loren_Andrus_Octagon_House

Margie

Post Number: 439
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love it Bigb
I like this bathroom from the other house

Now Im thinking who cares about the kind of bathroom I like ! lol anyway..Who else grows things

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 265
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie ..I grow wild Bamboo, Tulips, Ferns, Black & Red Raspberries, Four wild Apple trees, wild Grapes, pink Peony, Rhubarb and I raid the neighbors sweet & tart Cherry trees.
Truthfully the tulips take the most time. I just pulled a bag from the garage that I forgot to pot last fall and guess what they began growing on their own , no dirt, no water. So today I potted them lets see what happens. It felt good to get into the dirt again.

In the past I used to make a five hot pepper , cucumber tomato salsa, that people begged me for. Have not been able to can for a few years dang I miss that salsa. We used it all winter for soups and just fresh out of the jar.

Gash... I bet that you could bring up something fresh for the reunion. When do your seeds go in the ground?

Margie , bathrooms are the essential part of life, why not a little luxury with it, heh I just had a brand new toilet installed today and WOW the flush is so quiet and Boom the waste is gone in a second.
GEEEs this is getting pretty potty!!!

Old_guy

Post Number: 603
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Isle! I'm trying to eat supper here.

Old_guy

Post Number: 604
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Bentspur, are you on high ground up there? Looks like it's getting a little wet off to the west. And do you have an e-mail address?

Isle, just kidding.
Margie, I grow as much of my own food as I can.
Gleeman, I don't know, I just kept pushing buttons until it worked.

Detroitgirl80
Username: Detroitgirl80

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry I was trying to upload a pic of the woodburner.....Just too dumb to know how to do it...I have a digital camera too,,,I'll figure it out soon. Marge the house has had some additions onto it since it's been built. You can still tell it was an octagon from the inside tho...when I figure out how to upload pics I will. Actually the bathroom is the best feature of the house..it's in the center of the house and the house was built around it..go figure, after all the bathroom is the most importent room in the house...

Margie

Post Number: 440
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Commune members Laura and Paul Foster's wedding at the Hog Farm's summer solstice celebration, Aspen Meadows, New Mexico, 1968

Hey gies...lets start a commune...A farm..Horses...

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Glee I posted by just pushing too, but you go down the choices, I hit after a few trys the google and the acct came up as my gmail. then just push the enter twice and it went in. Margie the commune could be an old folks home who still love to grow food and pot, and herbs. I got some flowers and salad fixing in the ground now. I love horses too.Since Gashl has it all started lets see if he would have us??But those john C.photos are so nice. I'm still soaking up the good times, FAB: rr LOL

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 217
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Y'all come on down....I'm just getting things ready......won't put anything in the ground for a few weeks, early to mid May....It'll be your basics, maters, cucumbers, few different peppers, few melons, some corn, onions, few taters, some panama red, couple rows of beans. I do not can.....I'd rather just freeze what ever and use it up through out the fall and winter....It's warm enough to start a few things and keep them close to the back porch, then transplant in May......There is a commune close by in Summertown....Been around for years....I remember it had some notoriety way back in the day.....They are pretty commercial now and have established cash generating things.....I think the still run a lumber mill and of course sell vegetable in the summer, and a craft thing at every outdoor event in a few counties.....anyway that's it for this cowpoke.....I'm outta here.......Nite y'all........GDGT

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1142
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bunch a gosh durn hippies. Y'all gotta live in them there commmyunes an all. I don't think I can take a likin' to it. What's this Panama Red sh*t? Some new kind o mater? I don't know 'bout y'all. Ain't changed a durn bit. Pinkos and commies, that's all.

Margie

Post Number: 441
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 581
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG.....at least you tried the best on St. Patty's Day.
waste champagne?
Sham Wow humiliates Zorbeez in Popular Mechanics absorbancy test.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 582
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WTF??

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 571
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

. ...

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 127
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tweety Bird turns 60 Today
Happy Birthday Tweety

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 128
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG I'm ok here. The flood is out west. It floods there every year. You would think they would move rather than put up with that every spring.
I have an email address but don't want to post on here. Ask STNFRNT to send it to you. He has it.

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 195
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Mornin' Ya'll, Snow seems to be coming about a foot every hour. Supposed to keep it up thru Friday. Guess we are buried for a while. Peace.

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 197
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is an Old Memory from D-Town on a Rainy Day

pics

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 218
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of Stlrkn' pole dancers says she wants a date with OG for the reunion. Shes a 24 yr old beauty queen, but has had a rough life....whach ya say OG

Gleeman

Post Number: 120
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yah, Stn, that's the Earths answer to the killing of Mustangs out West...I guess Earth figured out there's too many horses bein slaughtered, so let's Grow some... and a bonus is the X-large Shamwows in full production to clean off those X- large horsey butts...

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 198
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another view

pics