Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » What IS so funny about the woes of the Auto Industry? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 413
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatc h/2009/03/obamas-gallows.html

woulda thought that would get a strong reaction here, unless everybody's still ashamed of the 45 mpg cars they failed to produce like the Japanese

Dcmorrison12
Username: Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 125
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd love to see all cars, foreign and domestic, have a huge increase in fuel economy.. but i'm a tree hugger so.. what do i know?
hehe

Brownfieldguy
Username: Brownfieldguy

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think there are actually plenty of people out there who have seen the auto industry be a real powerhouse in the past. For some it might be a sort of opportunity to get a little payback or a chance to get even.

Often there is no face on the human toll represented by this debacle. Its easy to say tough crap and etc.

Plus America loves to tear down the powerful and the high and mighty. Even when its themselves that they are hurting.

Eastsideal
Username: Eastsideal

Post Number: 430
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might not like the way he said it, but he is correct in what he said. A significant majority of Americans polled oppose spending federal money to bail out auto makers.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2059
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well then, here's hoping that majority of Americans buy a new Ford, since they aren't getting bailout money.

Unashamedly making the Fusion Hybrid which beats the Camry Hybrid in MPG (sorry, Flyingj)... and it's a nicer car.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.