Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » "Operation Hemingway" « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5424
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, way to go!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/18995234/detail.html

"authorities arrested 51 people during "Operation Hemingway," an effort to round up fugitives wanted for murder and other violent crimes in metro Detroit."

Hopefully the prosecutions stick and they're kept off the streets.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3717
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have mixed feelings about these things. Replace the word "fugitives wanted for murder and other violent crimes" with "labor organizers, housing activists and community advocates" ... I'm just sayin' ... :-(

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5425
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't. DPD can use all the honest help they can get.

When it comes to your suggested scenario it will be another matter.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1829
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Way to go, E_hemingway!

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 181
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Replace the word "fugitives wanted for murder and other violent crimes" with "labor organizers, housing activists and community advocates" ... I'm just sayin' ...

Hyperbole much? More to the point if progressives are unable to distinguish between murderers and community advocates then why would the government> This isn't the Palmer Raids here.

You might as well suggest that replacing Walter Reuther's name with Charles Manson's in the reporting of the Tate-LaBianca murders suggests a sinister police state conspiracy. Your theory is just as daffy.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1564
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's why I haven't been able to post much today until now Rawk. Busy, busy, busy.

Det_ard
Username: Det_ard

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I have mixed feelings about these things. Replace the word "fugitives wanted for murder and other violent crimes" with "labor organizers, housing activists and community advocates" ... I'm just sayin' ... :-(

Wow, it takes a pretty bourgeoisie progressive to wring their hands about getting murderers off the street because they see a slippery slope toward incarcerating Georgia Street Community Garden types. How's granddaddy's trust fund holding out, baby?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3718
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha. You guys can straw-man and ad hominem all you want. When the government conducts huge sweep raids and has built detention camps in the desert, I'd think a little bit of leeriness isn't out of order.

Anyway, I didn't even think of it, I read it somewhere else. If you're interested in pursuing the thesis, there is a small amount of buzz out there about these large roundups and what the worst-case scenario could be.

As I said, I'm just sayin' ... :-)

http://www.projectcensored.org /top-stories/articles/6-operat ion-falcon-raids/

http://www.informationclearing house.info/article17190.htm

Det_ard
Username: Det_ard

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, Ok Gannon.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.