Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Spartans in Tourney!!!!! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsideal
Username: Eastsideal

Post Number: 425
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GO STATE!!

...of course we won't get too excited yet. After all, we've been here a few times before.

Eastsideal

Post Number: 427
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...and into the Sweet 16.

Nice tough win over USC. Lots of gutty defense and rebounding, and Draymon Green really came into his own with Suton in foul trouble.

On to Indy...

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Sunday, March 22, 2009 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man...That game was disgusting...

Zero ball control, terrible ball movement, modest perimeter shooting, thankfully...USC was slightly worse and our D stepped up when we needed to. Kansas will capitalize on those miscues...

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 730
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just like they did last time we played them?

Guess I saw a different game than you did, D.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice job by the senior guard, clutch shots.
Next round will be interesting, Kansas is playing better now then before and your not home this time. State has so much more talent though. Perhaps coaching will even it out a tad.
Nice win for the b10

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 980
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's amazing what the schedule can do for you in terms of "playing better". Kansas starting looking better when they got into Big 12 play. IMO, the Big 12 is a weak conference with only 3 quality teams (Kansas, Oklahoma, and Mizzou). Kansas won both games against those teams, but when they played Oklahoma, the Sooners were without Blake Griffin. As Wolverine fans can now attest to, playing Oklahoma without him is like not even playing the same team.

Kenp

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Griffin is a monster.
I think MSU is better then Kansas, and should win.
Any of you routing for Sienna?

El_jimbo

Post Number: 981
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rooting for Sienna to do what? They are out.

Kenp

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was referring to Sunday when they were giving your brackets #1 seed a tough game.
Of course I knew you were.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1763
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastburn...You can't honestly say that MSU played well on sunday...

Eastburn

Post Number: 731
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good enough to get the job done. And a darn good job by some. Brilliant? By no means. I have a hard time being objective with these guys.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1764
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't, I am a fan, but I am not blind. They need to pick it up next game, watch the turn overs, better ball control...

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kansas poses a different opponent than USC. USC was long and altered a lot of shots.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 308
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kansas is going to give us a totally different game than USC gave us. We match up a great deal more favorably with them. Healthy Suton on Aldrich takes away/negates a major weapon. Collins can have his normal good game and no harm will really be done. State 74 Kansas 64

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6838
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Impressive game by the Spartans. Even though I'm not a MSU grad, I was still excited to see a great game where they fought back and won. I'm really happy for my Spartan buddies over this game.

Nicely done.

El_jimbo

Post Number: 984
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what a great game. I think the Cleaves/Lucas comparisons are starting to look more and more legit...One more win and on to Motown.

Eastburn

Post Number: 735
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, oh, man. They sure don't make it easy, do they? Hell, I was tired by the end of that one.

Eastsideal

Post Number: 443
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Story of the Spartans' season, they look bad, sloppy and overmatched - until they win.

Another nice gutty performance, with come-through perfromances by Suton, Lucas, and others. Timely steals, great defense over the last 3 minutes, and near-perfect free-throw shooting win this one.

Louisville will be a serious, and perhaps final, challenge, but if State can stay in the game early, look out.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6841
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats to all of my Sparty friends and seeing their team play so well. It's going to cool to see this team come to Ford Field and have a "home court" advantage.

It was a great gutsy game taking down Louisville.

Eastburn

Post Number: 736
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wasn't even nervous watching this one (well, maybe a little). What a great game! GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4591
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GO GREEN! Spartans are in the Final Four for the 5th time since 2005. GO STATE!

A' maze in blue is OUT!

MSU SPARTANS 2009 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

El_jimbo

Post Number: 985
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get ready for a green invasion!

D_mcc

Post Number: 1812
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell you what...I was so confident the way they were playing. My friends and I were all saying Summers or Suton was going to have a big game...I would not have guessed that BOTH would have Monster Games. Goran was awesome. UCONN better be ready

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.