Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Archive through March 19, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 419
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FRETTLESS WONDER T SHIRT.jpg
Me too Glee

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 120
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey SR is there any way I can get off the s--- list?? How about I give you my S key off my keyboard and you can use it cause it seems you dont have one on yours.

Bentspur

Post Number: 121
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man that guy does a lot of deleting

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey you know Bentspur, theres a baby grand or Grand P at the Firefly...

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 569
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I usually feel terrible the day after St. Patrick's Day. Not this year. I cut a 1"x1" square off a Shamwow and ate it before I went out. Felt great today. Thanks Vince.

(Actually kids, I'm just kidding. Don't try this at home.)

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 543
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plans have finally been approved for the George W. Bush Presidential Library. Mr. Bush was especially impressed with the location and decor of the new structure stating that he thought it was "homey" and it brought back memories of his early days in the White House. Here the former president enjoys a challenging game of "Find Your Military Records" on a computer. The score is 1,352-0 in favor of the computer.
i know they're in here somewhere, my daddy said so

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stoney, you're challenging OG for the title of the most humorous poster. That's a real roar. I was at another wake this past monday for a friend I grew up with. Most of the people in attendance were former auto and steel workers. Someone made a crack about Bush. It started a whole cascade of angry comments. The hostility was palpable. I've never seen such outright disrespect and hostility toward a politician in my life. I hope for his sake he never attends any events around Detroit without major Secret Service protection.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 545
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope he does.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, President Obama's portrait went up on the wall in the main entrance of the VA Medical Center in A2 today. Yes! Everyone was commenting. It was pointed out to me as soon as I walked in the door. Yes!

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG, your creativity, when it comes to methods to continue and improve your abusing, is truly amazing. Would you send an autographed, 'OG's Collected Edition of Drinking, Dropping, Smoking and Dumpster Diving Tips', to all of us GarWoodians, in preparation for our re-union? I'll need lots of help if I'm going to hang with you.

Margie

Post Number: 420
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rickb...thanks for the blues info.thats right up my alley

Gleeman

Post Number: 110
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie where are fretless wonder Tshirts sold

Bentspur

Post Number: 122
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey OG did you pass that Shamwow yet. Did you lose any weight. It's supposed to absorb ten time its weight. Hey that might be a new diet you have discovered. Your going to be rich.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4219
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, 1kiel, is this the portrait that came down at the VA Hospital ?

Now, I can't wait for his sound clips of the "I've been Bushed" speaking tour of ' 09

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 164
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LQqyDj7RX6Y

hey kids - watch this one

Gleeman

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

band

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 571
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sad news,
Someone sent a guy that works in our office a CD and for safety, they wrapped it in a ShamWow and placed it in a box. I've got a feeling they were trying to figure out some way to get rid of their ShamWow because they had enough of it wrapped around the CD to cover a couch. Anyway, I was surprised, no shocked, that the ShamWow looks and feels like a piece of felt. That's about it. We took it out for a test run and it didn't pick up much of anything. It just sort of pushes it around. So, my advice. Save your money and buy a Snuggie. With the weather getting warmer, they'll probably be going on sale. Maybe 4 for $19.95.
I am going to make a bib out of another piece of ShamWow. I'll let you know how that works.

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 179
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Old Guy...Maybe you can become the new Spokesman Kind of like the Billy Mays (Guy with the Black Beard).,of Shamwow..that other guy does not do it Service..here is a pic of Grey Haven Last week

pics

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 187
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI: Rothbury Music Festival in Rothbury,MI
7/2-7/5 The Dead, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, String Cheese Incident are the Headliners.Peace.

Candy_man

Post Number: 188
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruth, was that guys name the Great Gildersleeve?

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 546
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guns'n'Banjos
appalachian superstars

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 165
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good catch Candyman
It's Great Gildersleeve indeed.

Candy_man

Post Number: 189
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like he was riding on the Boblo. Cool!

Whaler

Post Number: 180
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fisher Mansion Front View

pic

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 547
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruth...peeked at the video. Now I want a Grape NeHi and a Cho-Cho. I also want Margaret Mitchell to notice me.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 548
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was there an entrance or driveway to the Fisher Mansion that came out on Keelson Drive?

Whaler

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt..It has 3 Entrances all off Lennox

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 465
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To everybody attending the reunion This is a safety warning to all my friends from the Garwood and there friends PLEASE be carefull with your drinks please place your cocktail napkin on top of your drinks not under then BushMark might be up to is old tricks.This is public service announcement.

(Message edited by stillrockin on March 19, 2009)

(Message edited by stillrockin on March 19, 2009)

Margie

Post Number: 421
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Mickey Finn (or simply Mickey) is a slang term for a drink laced with a drug (especially chloral hydrate) given to someone without their knowledge in order to incapacitate them. Serving someone a Mickey Finn is most commonly referred to as slipping a mickey
Mr.Hoover..You wouldn't be implying that our beloved Bushmak would dream of doing such a thing!
and I noticed that you did some editing there ...no doubt that kept you out of trouble !!!

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 549
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Busmark don't slip nobody no Mikey's that he hasn't already tested on himself. That's just the kind of guy he is.