Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Archive through March 18, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 203
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

However, it was cold that night as I recall....

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Bent, your St. Patty's joke is one of the corniest, silliest,(and funniest) I've heard for a while. Yuk. Patty O'Furniture.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Detroitgirl80, I credited that corny joke to Bent and you're responsible too. Har, har. I haven't laughed this hard over a non-vulger joke in quite a while.

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 114
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitgirl80 told the joke and I looked up the answer on the Googles. So I cant take any credit. It was funny. Sorry Detroitgirl80 for blurting out the answer

Bentspur

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't want to get on her S@*t list. I am already on one of someones Sh*t list

Bentspur

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know how to get off a S&*t list????

Bentspur

Post Number: 117
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice bentspur that should get you off any list. Did you hear about the Irish rebel man who blew up the bus???YA he really burnt his lips!! rr

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 184
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well it seems to me, it would be like any other list. If it is in alphabetical order you can change your name to start with a "Z" and drop off the bottom. If it is in the order of your status, by the time you get to the top of the list, no one will remember what you did to get on the list in the first place, and you will automatically be removed. Hope this helps. Peace.

Candy_man

Post Number: 185
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey were all those clowns in the casket and just came out to carry it back to the V.W. van?

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geez Bent, whose s*#t l+#t might you be on? It's probably a long list - don't feel like the 'Lone Stranger'. I'm going to have the 1st Annual Fraternal Order of GarWoodians Reunion in Exile, in Windsor, Ontario. It'll be the 'bomb'. Oops, can't use that term if we're going to be crossing the border. We'll ask Alice Cooper to perform at our reunion in exile. Of course we'll have to guarantee he won't be tossed out. And maybe the Outlaws too. Darn, I forgot, they might not let OG in to Canada.

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 538
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This doesn't hurt now does it? I didn't think so.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 539
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bntspr, OG......are you guys getting thawed out up there yet? Tough winter this year, ya?

Bentspur

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes finally it is getting warmer. The snow is almost gone and it has been in the 50's the last few days. It was a tough winter . Thanks for your concern Stnfrnt

Robi
Username: Robi

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everybody. RiverWye's Still trying to track down:
Chuck Denlinger
Carl Sonnenberg
Peter Walker for interview list.
Any leads or ideas would be appreciated.
Incidentally, that' Chuck Denlinger
on the Piano in the Stonefront Earth Mag Shot.
GarWood ReU getting closer...

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 566
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can just google Peter Walker. From what I've seen, he's still in Woodstock. Go to his website and you can e-mail him.

Old_guy

Post Number: 567
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Stnfrnt, Gash, etc. I was just watching a Senate Sub Committee Hearing and one of the reps. claimed that our hometown has the highest unemployment rate in the country. Finally made it on the map.

Just a side note; Best clown movie ever made, "Shakes the Clown." Before I saw this movie, I never realized there was any animosity between circus clowns and rodeo clowns. P.S. there haven't been many good clown movies.

Candy_man

Post Number: 186
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old guy,Maybe because the circus clowns have Elephants, Lions and Tigers to play with and the rodeo clowns just the Bull?

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 540
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruth...Come on out and play in Garwood's garden with us.

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robi... Karl with a "K" has been found...read the blog in the past 3 or 4 days...

Stn, just great shots w/ Stayton (sp?) and Stockwell.w/ Jeep.. I remember the day when I was recovering from back surgery and y'all came over to my Dads house - a real band with real long hair..I think my Moms illness started after that day...

Rickbeall
Username: Rickbeall

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi FOG,

On the weekend of June 12, if you are still in town on Sunday from 4 pm til dark (around 9), there is a very unique blues jam you can attend called "John's Carpet House". It is put on by the bluesman in downtown Detroit. They literally drag an electric generator to an empty field, plug in their instruments, stand under a tree and jam for 5 hours. This is not Detroit Blues Society people jamming in the suburbs (as nice and talented as all of those people are), but this is Detroit's old school bluesmen jamming in what used to be called the near East Side Ghetto, or Black Bottom. Now it's mostly fields with pheasant running through it.

Here is a website which describes the exact location and has pictures and links to YouTube videos taken last year.

http://www.JohnsCarpetHouse.co m

It's very mellow. Everyone is invited. You get a mix of colorful types, people dragging their grills into position, motor cycle clubs (they are not "gangs" any more --much friendlier than the Outlaws), kids playing catch, old folks warming their legs in the sun, people dancing in the grass. Smoke drifts through the area like a battlefield, except the smoke is fragrant with barbecue and this is more like a 1930's fish-fry picnic in Mississippi.

A ring of cars surrounds the 80 yard area in front of the "stage" (a carpet on the ground). Detroit's blues is heavily influenced with soul. This place is about 1 mile east of the Detroit Institute of arts. This jam has been ocurring in various places in Detroit for about the last 11 years. This will be the 4th year it occurs in this uh ... location.

I'll be there. And this jam actually occurs every Sunday all summer long, so if you want to drop by any other Sunday, leave me a post in this thread and I'll be sure to be there 'cause I'd love to say hi.

For this blues jam, bring a lawn chair, a guitar if you want to play. There is a party store up on the corner to attend to your needs, an outhouse built by John, a roll of toilet paper and music music music ... what more could a person need?

This place is so unique you could write a song about it. Speaking of songs ....

=============================
Songs about Garwood Mansion
=============================
Start a Revolution
-------------------------
http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/ StLoJ14Q09_StartaRevolution_By Rick-Rick_KeyG.m3u
(Normal mouse Left Click to listen)

http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/ StHiJ14Q09_StartaRevolution_By Rick-Rick_KeyG.mp3
(Right click to download)

Hoover was a Mover
------------------------------
http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/ StHiJ16Q09_HooverwasaMover_ByR ick-Rick_KeyG.m3u
(Normal mouse Left Click to listen)

http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/ StHiJ16Q09_HooverwasaMover_ByR ick-Rick_KeyG.mp3
(Right click to download)

Maybe see ya there.

Rick

(Message edited by Rickbeall on March 18, 2009)

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 163
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Stnfrnt
I'm here. Just sitting in the window watching all the kids play in the garden. What a treat!

Gleeman

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

o.k...kids...I'm detecting code on that one...you can't slide that by the old Gleeman ..

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 417
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Gary...The majestic moon is a brilliant shade of silve.......................

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 418
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Friends and lovers !!!!!!!!It is I ..Margie
I always wanted to say that Rocketwhit !!
87 more days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 541
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Margie...well...uh...hmmm...ge eez..let me see here.....you see, it's....well....whew, it stopped! LOL

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 542
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh crap! There it goes again. Later. LOL

Glmn....we're farmers. It's an agricultural thing.

Gleeman

Post Number: 108
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, It's I... gleeflubuckinman...I ride a John Deere too...I rake a lotta pine needles and cones...and Margie's post has that silhouette of me with my Flyin' V...they paid me for that one,..
happy Wednesday...
Pistons play tonight again after losin a heartbreaker last night...
cheers O.G.. gettin lotsa mail people wantin me ta play some country ...Margie, I jus wanna Rock...

Bentspur

Post Number: 119
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just got off the phone with Sky King and his daughter Penny. They are flying in on Friday to the reunion. Hows that SR??

Old_guy

Post Number: 568
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sky King's daughter Penny's going to be there? Ahcheewawa!