Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Archive through March 17, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 534
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Internet Explorer giving anybody else problems today?

Metalvic
Username: Metalvic

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings to all, I hear you guys have been looking for me! I will be there in June. Cant wait to see you ! Vic Reynaud
metalvic43@gmail.com

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 535
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and the hits just keep rollin' in!

Beenthere
Username: Beenthere

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stillrockin - wow, you found Rozich. Amazing. One of my most indelible memories of him, was back when Vic and I were living at the first of the two houses we lived in on East Grand Blvd. after we'd moved from Garwood. He was over visiting one evening to our room on the 2nd floor, and brought some goodies with him. This was back in the downer days, and he said (of the reds he had brought}, "Take two, they're not very strong." So I followed his advice. I later wandered into the upper hall, tumbled down the first section of the stairs, got up, then fell down the rest of the way. I have no idea why I didn't break anything, except that my body was so relaxed I probably oozed down rather than fell...

Glad to hear too, that Carl has been found. I remember those sand candles well. I had a blue one with some nice cactus in it, wish I still had it!

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gleeman, last year before you and Breeze had been found and you'd begun posting here, I'd posted your names as well as Dave Karas' name on Craigslist. You guys had all been discussed but we had yet to find you. I figured it was a cheap and easy way to get all of your names out there. Very soon after I posted on A2 and Detroit Craigslist, you and Breeze showed up. Then it was determined that Karas had passed away. That's what I was referring to.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gleeman, is it allright for me to photograph and post your paintings here? I'll be in A2 all day tommorrow. If I have time I'd like to stop by the Blind Pig/Millenium Club and take some pictures. You mentioned that they may be sold by the time of our reunion. Do you have some specific knowledge of the sale? I spoke to a broker in A2 recently. He said they were no where near a sale. The owner was asking about 6 million for all of those buildings. In an up economy he may well get it. In this economy - it's doubtful.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How f*ck#@g cool is this?
Stonefront Album Documentary Book

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got it today!

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dixboro General Store on Plymouth Road near Dixboro Road.
Dixboro General Store 3

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dixboro General Store on Plymouth Road near Dixboro Road.
Dixboro General Store 4

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For all of the absentee Ann Arborites. Enjoy. More to come.

Dkbradley
Username: Dkbradley

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt, was Deep Purple the headliner on that Toledo Sports Arena gig?

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 451
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's going to be a house PARTY.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 5:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have to start working on Friday night.BushMark droped the ball.

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 104
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1K, the Millennium-Gotham-Cavern club is for sale at upwards of 3 million bucks and may be sold in the next 3 months, so, shoot away...
Stn..the Toledo gig was the largest stage I'd ever been on..playing my guitar LOUD in front of 10,000 people did not suck...but Ozzie turned out to be not the nicest person on the planet and they were too loud for any arena...

Hi Karl..

S.R.might want to talk to Ruth about new people coming...

my wife just told me that B.Dylan, the Black Crowes (a fave of mine) and other notables will be playing July 4 at Muskegon

DK, the headliner was Black Sabbath...

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 553
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hoover, Bite Me.

Actually Friday night has been taken care of. I guess you're probably just the last to know. If you're going to keep posting that I dropped the ball, please use this spelling. <dropped>

P.S. For all of you that bet me that Hoover wouldn't be the first one to bring this up online, pay up!

Old_guy

Post Number: 554
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey A2DJ, good to hear from you. Were you ever fortunate enough to be on the Captain Bob show? That was in our neck of the woods. That was my introduction to show business.

Sug
Username: Sug

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good morning ya'll...Isle of Fun, Gus said that he did not live near Elizabeth Lake.I told him that Karl has surfaced. I fly out to AZ tomorrow, and I'm taking that super invitation to show him. I may use it for the decals on the coffee cups and wine goblets. Old Guy, call Gus. Less than 3 months to go!

Old_guy

Post Number: 555
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

k.gif

Karl & Stnfrnt, A2 - 74
I've got a theory. It seems the longer it takes to find people, the further away they are. Rona - Hawaii, Karl - Japan. I think we should probably be looking for Fergie in the Australian Outback. I could picture him fitting in down there. One of those Crocodile Dundee type bars, hustling drinks.

f.gif

Have you seen this person?

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 536
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG...I got on the Captain Bob Show as a 2nd grader from New Milford Elementary School. Six classrooms for six grade levels. One room schoolhouse, basically.

DK...Markley hit it on the head. I was not impresed with Ozzie and the boys but the other band, Head, Hands and Feet, blew me up. The guitar player did things I did't know could be done. Turned out it was Albert Lee!

OG...well, now Hoover will probably show up at the Bo House with his pole dancers. I say go for it, SR.

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 252
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay Heidi, thanks... I know I read that someone on this tread lived out that way now I am puzzled.. anyone want to help.. who lived on Elizabeth Lake or in that area... fall of 1971-spring 1972

Beenthere ..Glad to see that you were so flexable..lol..
I remember your first Grand Blvd. house... I was always impressed by the grandness of those homes and thought you were so lucky to live there.. hmmm how times have changed. Now I wonder how in carnation anyone can afford to heat those huge houses, or clean them.

Old_guy

Post Number: 556
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You never hear anything about Albert Lee. Clapton said he thought he was the worlds greatest guitar player. That's a pretty good endorsement. You never hear anything about Alvin Lee or Ten Years After either. That was some reasonably good guitar work too.

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old guy check this Link out!!!!!

http://www.alvinlee.com/

Stillrockin

Post Number: 454
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I still lived In Detroit I would make it happen on Friday night,

Old_guy

Post Number: 557
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good spelling Stillrockin, you make me proud.

Old_guy

Post Number: 558
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice website Whaler. I always loved "I'm Going Home" Their rendition of "Spoonful" and "Woodchoppers Ball." That's odd, because I was a downer lover.

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 190
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IOF.....Twas I that lived on Elizabeth Lake with Karl and Nancy, Dave Karas, and Eddy for a while. A friend of Nancy Clayburg and Stnfrnt owned that cottage and we rented it her parents. It was a great summber place but damn the winter was cold. So cold that Karl and I went out and got jobs at Pontiac Motors just to have someplace warm to go to....Hope that helps

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 177
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alvin Lee and Ten Years After at Yasgurs Farm was My Favorite of the 3 days of Art and Music

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 253
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gashl1.. thanks I new it was someone that I would recognize .
Yeah I got a great job at the pontiac Kmart in the Restaurant..(that was really warm) ...
I really new my way around commercial kitchens
and cooking for large groups.
Yeah !!!! the lake was cold and it was tough
getting around but the daily quiet was really special for awhile.... I was glad to move back into the city , went to Wayne County Community College and progressed to other things..

(Message edited by isle_of_fun on March 17, 2009)

Old_guy

Post Number: 559
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm outta here.

g.gif

Be responsible.