Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Tri-Centennial Park Update « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 571
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Work is continuing on the link between the harbor, Rivard Plaza, and the Dequindre Cut. I've posted a few photos from Sunday.

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/2009/03/tri-centennial-park.html

Sorry about that.

(Message edited by leland_palmer on March 16, 2009)

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 706
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bad link! Page Not Found

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3611
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh BTW i noticed that they have begun to raise steel for the new Port Authority building on the riverwalk as well. I will try to get some pictures today...

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 1247
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can see the photos on the home page:

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.c om/

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 549
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It'll be great to see the progress moving along this summer from the Diamond Jack's River Tours.

Anyone heard anything about any progress on the old engine shop for Detroit Drydock fronting Atwater across from Tri-Centennial.

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 723
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The initial construction of Tri-Centennial Park's Phase II is expected to be completed by June. The second part, which includes the trail/RiverWalk extension, will be bid out at that time and hopefully completed by Fall.

The Dequindre Trail which connects the Cut to Tri-Centennial is expected to be completed by the end of summer. This is a DEGC/City of Detroit project.

Mark your calendars: The official Dequindre Cut grand opening ceremony is May 14th at 10am.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where exactly is the grand opening going to take place? My guess is at the river end of the trail, but that's just a guess :-)

Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 724
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Where exactly is the grand opening going to take place? My guess is at the river end of the trail, but that's just a guess

I don't know yet, but that would be my guess.

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 316
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was on in the cut today along with two walkers and two runners. Unfortunately I can't comment on progression as this was my first time.

East side was paved with biker and walker lanes. West side had "fragile grass area" whatever that means. Emergency phones, benches, and trash cans were set up sporadically as well.

Something needs to be done with the area after the trail finishes at the river end. Are there plans for that?

www.DetroitArmy.com

Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 725
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Something needs to be done with the area after the trail finishes at the river end. Are there plans for that?

Yes. The Dequindre Cut ends at Woodbridge. The Dequindre *Trail* provides the connection to the river, from Woodbridge to Atwater. This missing trail segment should be done this year.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.