Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Christines' Release « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Claire
Username: Claire

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe its' the women in me...but I do think she is remorseful. She has learned a lesson from all of this...unlike her partner.

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 491
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm not so sure she is remorseful, but her face definitely reflects the effect all of this has had on her.

Claire
Username: Claire

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, she has aged 20 years.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2830
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remorseful for getting caught. Try to re-read those messages. She sure is shit isn't remorseful for jumping up and down on KK while he was married and has children.
He sure isn't remorseful for doing the same with Beatty while married and having children.

Who cares about the impact on her. Imagine the impact on those children!

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3660
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or chewing out cops after speeding on a slick street through a residential neighborhood?

Cops: Mayor's top aide ranted way out of ticket

July 29, 2004

BY JIM SCHAEFER AND M.L. ELRICK
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's top aide got out of a speeding ticket last month after berating officers and calling the police chief from her city-owned car, the officers said.

"I've had dope men treat me better," Detroit Police Officer Zack Weishuhn said of Christine Beatty, the mayor's chief of staff. Weishuhn told the Free Press his supervisor advised him not to ticket Beatty.

The June 21 episode represents another controversial run-in between Beatty and the department she oversees as Kilpatrick's closest adviser. Last year, she convinced the mayor to fire the head of police internal affairs, triggering a lawsuit that could cost taxpayers millions and that has raised persistent questions about the conduct of Beatty, the mayor and other staff members.

Beatty declined comment.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 812
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The feminist in me agrees that she should not do more time than her partner in crime.

The feminine side of me pities her, she lost everything for that fat bozo.

The practical side of me says why in the world did both get just a slap on the wrist?

Just a strange note, my son pointed to a picture of her in the paper. He claims she looks just like a skinny version of him. He did a little art work on the photo and OMG he was right.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2498
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those text messages reveal that CB had a very fragile self-image masked by a overcompensation complex. Her ball-busting hatchet gurl facade, typified by her treatment of those cops, union negotiations and imperious demeanor with the press/public belied a wafer thin sense of self.

Is she remorseful? Sure. Who would not feel the world's ridicule at having been emotionally flayed?

Granted, The Felon is a special case of arrogance. He's been shown to be serial sex addict; an egomaniac whose id rules his opinion that the world as his personal cat-box.

The Felon, was schooled by a pair of egoists. Bernie and CCK both display pathological disregard -if not outright contempt- for those outside their singular clans. It is no wonder they raised a talented and contemptible child.

The Felon toughest punishment will come when his sons start their own criminal behavior. The boys will not get the breaks their father received as it will be known they are his miscreant spawn.

They will be punished more severely when caught cutting corners. Teachers will comb their papers and tests for cheating. Cops won't let them slide on traffic slips. The world knows their cheat filled roots and will hold those boys to impossible standards.

I predict a massive rebellion in The Felon's house. Heartache. Shame. Prison.

Now, maybe those boys will rise to the challenge, but where are they going to get the tools to handle pressure? Certainly not from dad. Mom? Doubtful.

CB's girls won't face the same public screws. Their mother is much more sympathetic, their dad even more so. If they can move to a different city, they'll have an almost clean slate.

Locke09
Username: Locke09

Post Number: 99
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great analysis Gnome. But how unfortunate that there seems to be no one to intervene to set the boys on a better path.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 763
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Them Kipatrick boys will be alright. At worst they may get into some minor skirmishes with the law, but let's remember - mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa are millionaires off of the scheming they have done to the public. Them boys will live better than most of the people on this forum could ever dream.

Who do I feel sorry for? I feel sorry for the poor trusting misguided Detroiters who supported these assholes and got screwed in the end.

I have no remorse for any Kilpatricks or Beattys. In fact, Christine, take your sorry ass down to Texas along with your sorry ass ex-lover.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 765
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S.: Please trust me on this, Christine has a stash of money to get her face fixed back up so doesn't look all raggedy and broke down. Don't think Christine & Kwame didn't get paid well to rape the city. No sympathy from me at all!

If Christine wants my sympathy she needs to repay the $9M her and Kwame squandered cover up their sorry affair.

Jackie5275
Username: Jackie5275

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have no empathy, sympathy,whatever for her. She ruined the lives of those police officers & cost the city millions while trying to cover up the conspiracy she concocted to get them fired. Too many folks are forgetting this is more damaging than sleeping around with KK. The sleeping around part seems to be all that most folks emphasize. I think destroying these men's lives is the worst of all their crimes.

Jackie5275
Username: Jackie5275

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am concerned about the precedence her release will set. How many inmates, not only in WCJ, but all county jails across the state will cite this case as a reason to get out early? The average joe inmate will say, "Hey, I worked in the jail laundry or kitchen. I should get some extra good time for that. Let me out half way through my sentence." Her crimes weren't violent, but how many housed now did commit violent crimes but will want the same standard applied to them?

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3140
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice work on that post, Gnome.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 270
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jackie, you are 100% right. She helped ruin the lives and careers of honest, hard working people and their familes, and cost the citizens of Detroit millions. Poor self esteem is no excuse for that. She is just pasthetic, and She has no remorse about what she did, only that she was caught and her gravy train has been de railed.

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 492
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nobody really knows what is in christine's heart but christine. my hope is that her experience with all of this will help her to take a hard look at her priorities and values. i do believe that people can change the direction of their life, especially when they feel they've hit the bottom

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4564
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The party is finally OVER!

Barbara_10
Username: Barbara_10

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope it is just beginning!
Grandpa, Grandma, Bobby, Monica and the others must pay, too.
If ya wanna dance, ya gotta pay the band.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3998
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would predict that Christine will now fade off into anonymity, and that in ten years she will be but an asterisk in Detroit history.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.