Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » Archive through March 13, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2754
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: Where the Pierogi's coming from?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 6062
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, no, Z. Don't spoil my illusions!!
(Like we didn't know what you guys were REALLY like)

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 435
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so, did CFG get #9000? Congrats!!!!! Wish I could make it up there for the good dinner. Can get pierogi's here, but it just isn't the same. By the way, I cut my grass last Monday, and it is snowing and sleeting today. Go figure. How is it in D?

Mkap
Username: Mkap

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC - don't worry about the roof caving in, I will save you! I have some experience in that regard you know.
Will be good to see some familiar smiling faces once again.
Z - I heard the Sister Ellen Richard dungeon room was sealed till fifty years after her death to protect her chances of getting to sit next to the big guy.

Jcole

Post Number: 6063
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mkap, boy, twice in a lifetime would put me forever in your debt, wouldn't it?

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 687
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing, #9000? Where do I see that?
Z - Pierogi's coming from Srodeks in Hamtramck- homemade by the Busias!
MKAP - If there's anyone that can save us all from a falling ceiling, it's definitely YOU! I kept a close watch on that ceiling when I went to clean the school a few months ago, and was washing the blackboards in 3-109!

Jcole

Post Number: 6065
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here, CFG

Look to the right of the St. Jude thread, and it says 9012. You had posted #9000.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

all i did was go back from the 9008 entry to you. now it is coming out - the wrath of Sr. Ellen Richard is coming back to haunt you!

Zitro

Post Number: 2755
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You better not have clapped the erasers on the building!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 688
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW - What an honor----no, I didn't clap the erasers on the building - but boy it was tempting. Weird to hold the chalk holders with the 4 "holders" to help us write properly - and then long eraser with the chamois cover to REALLY clean the boards! It was strange having the whole school to myself for a day - but I enjoyed cleaning each room - some were more haunting than others - but each had a memory.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1846
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 holders. I counted, Cfg.

When you all are over there at the convent with your cameras, please go down in the basement and take some pictures of the tunnels under there ... of course if you're scared, then don't.

Specifically, I want to see where it leads from the convent to the gym, and from the convent to the church, and also I want to see where the coal shute door at the back leads into the basement.

Extra credit will be given for video and/or traversing.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 717
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing, can't speak for the D but it's sunny & 19 here on the shores of Lake Huron (Port Austin area).

Jcole

Post Number: 6067
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, don't hold your breath. If you want to see it, put on your shoes and come on down.

EB, it's sunny and 27 her at the other end of the Thumb

Mkap
Username: Mkap

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC - Hey, I'd do it for you cause I like you. No indebtedness needed.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 689
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no traversing, no Geraldo videos ---just Golumpkis, Pierogis, Kielbasa and Kraut. If you'd see what a mad house 125+ guests can turn that quiet convent into!

Jcole

Post Number: 6068
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aww, Mkap, I am truly grateful.

Jcole

Post Number: 6069
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mkap, I'm sincerly flattered. Thank you

7andkelly

Post Number: 1847
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If any of you people are planning on getting there early for the choir performance and confession, just remember they removed the little red lights above the confessionals so you may want to bring one of those "do not disturb" signs you stole from some hotel.

Jcole

Post Number: 6071
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, lord, no. I'm going to Mass, but I will NOT endanger everyone else there by going into a confessional, too. I couldn't bear the reprecussions.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1848
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, I'm sure the little kneeler cushions have been repaired by now.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 690
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey - Do not disturb signs - must remember to tell the Padre about those! :-)
Mkap and J - will have "Reserved" signs for you 4 at a table, so that not only will everyone know that you are VIPS, but as the rush hits the back door, you don't have to worry about sitting together.

Jcole

Post Number: 6072
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, CFG

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 691
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't wait to see you!

Jcole

Post Number: 6073
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's been a LOOOONG time. Maybe I should wear a red carnation???

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 692
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm guessing a few decades perhaps? Oh yeah, red carnation - or birthday bow - with BlackJack and Wrigleys gum taped on the streamers!

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 718
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not dig out your St. Jude beanie? Or just wear a Kleenex pinned to your hair?

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 693
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thinking EB! Beanie, Chapel Cap, Kleenex, Bolero over peterpan collar blouse....

Zitro

Post Number: 2756
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She just received a new Jets cap

Jcole

Post Number: 6076
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about a lace mantilla. I always did have a flair for the dramatic

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 694
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Black or white on the Lace Mantilla? I think I had both colors --chapel caps were so......grade school! I loved wearing mine - I felt so holy and yet spylike and mysterious!