Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Archive through March 15, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 427
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im not doing anything but having a good time.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 428
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Working the door are you kidding? I paid my $30.00 you work the door.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 429
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl you're parking cars. LOL

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 517
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG...Gash build a ladder? I doubt it. He built a dining room table for the Garwood once and when it was finished, it was too big to get out of the room he built it in. With that much forethought, a ladder.......well, think about it. Scary.

It was Lady Marmalade with some kind of crappy "ooo lay sha sha boom yay yay" bullshit lyrics. The song sucked! Probably sold about 80 million records.

Glmn...Ron Becker is from Baltimore. I call him the "Baltimore Flash".

Candy...where was your dad when Gash was building his table?

I think Hoover should definitely work the door and Home Boy could back him up. Okay with you Candy?

Home Boy's handler.
a garwood girl

I can't stop looking at that ballroom photo.

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 542
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I mentioned that because I remembered you or someone telling a story about Gash building something.
I remember one day at the house, when I decided to build a table. I can't remember why I would have been building a table, since I was kind of a drifter, more or less. Maybe I was kind of like Steve Martin in the Jerk. Walking around the mansion with a table and a lamp and a bong and a ping pong paddle.

Any way, I remember Chris, the carpenter was sitting there watching me. I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I can't imagine that I had any tools either. But, I remember he was rolling on the floor by the time I finished it. Anybody know whatever happened to him? I'd like to show him some of the custom tables I learned how to build over the years. So, that's my table story. Two table stories, one mansion.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 518
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any of you ladies got any table stories? How about pool tables? Just curious.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 519
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG...don't remember you with a ping pong paddle. Everything else...yes. But not the paddle.

Old_guy

Post Number: 543
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe it was a beaver tail. Did I used to wear a beaver tail hat? Or maybe I had beaver tail mittens. I know I had some really, really good acid. Really good. I mean really.

Old_guy

Post Number: 544
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I guess nobody's got any more table stories so I might as well head out and go to church. Or maybe a tavern. I think all the churches are closed today. Darn it.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 431
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boza the clown creator Alan Livingston dies at 91 Who do I have to look up to now?

Stillrockin

Post Number: 432
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PHOTOs PLEASE

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 520
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yourself??

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hooverville's fav pond pet

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 521
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every time those gators get a little rambunctious Hoover grabs an old pair of worn out shoes and starts waving them around; up in the air. Man, those critters can't get outta there fast enough. Not a peep outta them. Amazing!

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4189
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I know I had some really, really good acid. Really good. I mean really.

Why does Owsley ring a really big bell for me ?
Remember the five way barrel acid ? I went to the zoo, and the people looked more like the animals, than the animals did.

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 187
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy thats a bunch a croc...yuk yuk yuk

Hey some one had to say it........

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 522
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right, Gash. Stay in that lower font size.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 523
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anybody know how to get hold of any family members of any Garwooders who aren't with us anymore? Dave Karas, Adam Bindas, Stoney, Oklahoma Mike.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 524
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey OG...you ever get hold of that acid that made you want to start bargaining with God? WOW!

I just heard from 4string and, contrary to popular belief, he does not have polio. Or anything else.

Glmn..you ever see a double neck guitar; combination 6string/5string banjo? Guitanjo? Hey, bntspr...there's one for ya.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4197
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 5:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stillrockin

Post Number: 434
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Larry what are you looking for DR. table stoies?

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 177
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old guy, sorry to hear that all of your churches are closed. I'll send Home Boy to open them back up for you (he likes the communion), then both of you can head to the tavern to celebrate St. Pattys' Day. Peace.

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 416
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/user/DETROITROCK7

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie the harp players are so good on the Det rock, Mahalo rr

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 526
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Table stories: Didn't some dogs swipe a dinner off the table when nobody was looking? Thought I read something like that on this thread a while back.

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1041
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gleeman. I was being a smart ass. I saw Hendrix do his famous teeth picking, guitar fellating routine at Cobo Arena in the late 60's. Candy, you mentioned the lights on the Ambassador Bridge, I was with Brian 'Cap'n Nemo' McDonald at his bar, The Soup Kitchen Saloon, the night they lit up the bridge. It was a fall night and they were having the annual 'light up the town' celebration in downtown Detroit, when all the buildings turn on all of their lights for press and photographers. I think it was fall of 1980 or '81. It was impressive. It makes the Ambassador Bridge highly visible from as far away as Grosse Ile and Livonia.

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 178
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Stnfrnt, That was Crash the night that Penny & I had you and Gus over for dinner, when we had the place on Lauder. My sister had cut the legs off the table to eat mid-eastern style. Penny had put the pot roast on the table about 5 seconds before you guys got there and walked back to the kitchen for 5 seconds and Crash grabbed it and wolfed it down, all in one piece. I don't remember what we ended up eating that night. maybe that was when I became a vegetarian. :^)

Stillrockin

Post Number: 435
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dave was one of my best friends long after Garwood he would come and stay here in Florida with me a few times.R.I.P. Dave Karas

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 188
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of GW dogs/pets, etc....Who ever can tell me the name of my dog and what was unique about the dog, I'll by you a drink at the reunion. Stnfrnt, you are excluded, unless you really can't remember, then you can play along.lol

Stillrockin

Post Number: 436
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about Joe Ford??