Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Archive through March 13, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 416
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sunny 79.South Florida

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can have my ticket 1kielsondrive. I guess I won't be needing it.

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sr, I'm working hard to get back in your good graces, okay? Can I still be the #1 Wannabe of the Fraternal Order of Garwoodians? Please......?

Stillrockin

Post Number: 417
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO WAY

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well my take on the whole situation is that the pic is a great pic of a record setting "Noodling" catfish catch.....I've seen the pic before and it is real......for those that don't know "noodling" is an old old fishing technique where you literally go under water bare handed and stick you arm into holes in river banks, let the fish bite your arm while grabbing its innards and pull it out....Illegal in many state....It's OK here in Tenn, and Okla. and a few other southern states....Many deaths have occurred because the fish was to big to pull up and it wouldn't let go of the arm and the guy drowned, or cave-ins occur, or they find poisonous snake instead of catfish, or the fish would fight so hard it would break bones......"FISH ON" !!!!!!!!.......

Stillrockin

Post Number: 418
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And we are keeping the $30.00

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1013
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Bentspur, let's have a Fraternal Order of GarWoodians Reunion in Exile. We could start out at Otis Spann memorial Field in A2 for a couple of years and then hold it in Windsor. Whaddya think?

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 535
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, come on, let's all just listen to some good music and get happy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OE2l6CPna4M&feature=related

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are one cruel Dude, I want you to know. You haven't changed a bit since the house. I'll bet you'll be waiting at the door of the Firefly just to throw people out - a la Vincent Fournier, Alice Cooper.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG, you're now the second most sought after subject of bashing on our family oriented Gar Wood link. Kind of like being picked on back in high school, eh? You're a good sport, unlike that Sr dude who threatens to revoke my tickets(all 80 of them) and keep my money. Times are hard in the DJ business.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 419
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1 Kielsondrive nobody from the Garwood knows who you are.??????????????

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Margie, via Hoover, via Collier for the fabulous picture of the ballroom. That one gets downloaded, printed and framed. To paraphrase OG, you made my day, week, ......

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's working. My cover as a CIA operative hasn't been blown.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1018
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I give you back, oh say, about 10 tickets, will you forgive me?

Old_guy

Post Number: 536
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie, we might need your expertise here. Do you know of any wrestling venues that might be open in early June.

Let's remember a few things here folks. There were a lot of different chapters to this Garwood story. Not everybody remembers everybody. That's why I'm looking forward to this reunion. The only reason a lot of people remember me is because I was one of the most obnoxious people in the tri-state area. True story. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone that's posting here.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 422
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey bushMark go have a smoke

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 185
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy oh boy OG you were right.....The worst video ever.....I couldn't finish watching it....in fact I feel kind of.......barf barf barf....It may just piss off even more folks....this could turn into a Wrestling match of the times.....We'll have to get the wresteling bear thing going again....How bout it Candy-man.....May have to have "Mike Kelly" resolve these issues......I'll be taking bets in the corner.....

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 109
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think if I do come I'm going to bring a body guard. I need one more ticket please.

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 511
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There have been some awesome photos posted up on this thread and I've really and truly enjoyed them. But this Collier photo.......? This is a Collier! Muchas, muchas gracias to all responsible for getting it on this blog.

John Collier......what can I say?

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks OG, for your efforts at conciliation. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having fun. I like the idea of a wrestling match in June. Maybe Margie could set it up the venue for the Firefly. The featured match could be the CIA vs the KGB (me and Sr). AND NOW, IN THIS CORNER, the eeelusive One Kayyy Deee, challenging the current CHAMPEEEEN of the WOoooRLD, Stiiiiillllrockkkin! We could have tag team matches(on downers). I'm having lot's of fun as I've said to all, even with the Hoov.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 423
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go jump in Ford lake

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We did once this winter. It was a fundraiser. There were hundreds of people there along with firefighters and partyers. Made a lot of money.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 424
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey let's put the word out that Hoover looking for Gail Palmer

Detroitgirl80
Username: Detroitgirl80

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm why does that name ring a bell???

Detroitgirl80
Username: Detroitgirl80

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW....

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everything about that picture of the ballroom is soothing and inspiring - the color, the shading, the sunlight filtering through the windows, and people relaxing around their musical instruments. Wow.

Old_guy

Post Number: 537
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

h.gif

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG, you're tooooooo much dude.

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that music chick was really bad og, wow mom wow

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 242
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

slappy happy day
wow what a lot of goodness

mmmmmmmmgood
mmmmmmmmgood
and chocolaty all over
Happy faces M & M Style

THat Inside Photo the Grand GW Ballroom is great , makes me want to stand up and spin and dance and hear great sounds and just smile.........
thanks John, thanks Hoover, thanks Margie.....