Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » Archive through March 12, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 6040
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, 7andK, I will

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1385
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: I know that surgery of brain aneurysms can be very successful. An obstetrician at our hospital underwent surgery for a brain aneurysm and you would never know any problem existed in the first place. There is optimism even with co-morbidities. Keep hope alive for your sister and brother-in-law. Prayers are on the way.

And Yes, Please keep us posted.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 716
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, know that we're all praying for Liz.

Jcole

Post Number: 6042
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all. I appreciate your kind thoughts.
KR, thanks for the medical input. That helps a lot.
Apparently, they are going to go in through the femoral artery and insert some sort of coil up into her brain. I'm not familiar with the procedure, but there is a neurosurgeon who specializes in it at Providence. That's why they're moving her there.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 433
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jcole, prayers will most definitely come your and your family's way. One thing I learned over the years is you have to stick together in times like this. Some of us have never met each other, but there is a bond, and the man behind the eye on #5 did have a lot to do with that. He all touched our lives in our own personal lives/

Tsomyak
Username: Tsomyak

Post Number: 117
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More prayers on the way JC!

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 678
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Parish Council Meeting tonight - J - I will get there early and open the church for some private prayers and light a candle at the St. Jude Altar for your sister. Laing is so right - our St. Jude family - even after decades is still our support during times of prayer and family. Absolutely will add your sister's name to our prayer list in the bulletin. YOu can send me her name in an e-mail and I will make sure it's in this week's bulletin. Hope to see you Saturday, but if you can't make it, I'll see you at the next one! Prayers being sent your way.

Jcole

Post Number: 6043
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Laing, Tsom and CFG. I know she will be grateful too

Jcole

Post Number: 6052
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The doctors concluded that they are not going to do surgery at least for the time being. My sister is going to be in Intensive Care for at least a week while they watch her for symptoms of further bleeding/leakage in her brain. She can't have visitors or calls, so I'm kind of in limbo for now.
Thanks everyone for prayers and caring.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 679
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the up-date J - I'm guessing that you won't be making it on Saturday ---we'll have to have another Polish Plate Party in the fall! Not to worry! Maybe we can get more slackers to show up!
candles are lit at St. Jude and your sister's name may be in this weeks bulletin, if not, next weeks for sure.
Will also remember her at Stations on Friday.

Jcole

Post Number: 6055
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will probably make it Sat. Liz can't have any visitors, so I won't be able to be at the hospital with her anyway.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 434
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jcole, will keep the prayers coming!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 680
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be great!

Jcole

Post Number: 6056
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is anyone else going to eat pierogi at the church, or is it just me?

Mkap
Username: Mkap

Post Number: 88
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC - Prayers sent. Good luck with that.

My wife and I are planning to attend the dinner. Looking forward to the good eats and conversation with other thread members. Hope to see some of you there.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: If I wasn't so far away or if I had a REALLY long dinner break I would be at your table with CFG's delicious polish fare. Since, that isn't the case we all expect a full review come Sunday evening. Enjoy.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 681
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MKap -Didn't know you were coming too! This is wonderful! Can't wait! After everyone gets fed, I'll pull up a chair. Sorry, Z - it won't be the same without you, but we'll all fill you in later!

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2750
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks CFG. Any pics would be appreciated if possible.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 682
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absolutely!
J - Mkap - are you all coming to the 4:00 Mass too? I will set aside 4 seats so you can all sit together. After the 4:00 Mass lets out - it's a mad-house to get over to the convent! ahem...Parish Center! :-)
Once I sling the last plate, I'll pull up a chair and join you! Sis is usually selling the tickets at the front door for the dinner, so you'll see her first.

Zitro

Post Number: 2751
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any pics of the torture chambers in the convent would be appreciated too! I'm sure there is a Sister Ellen Richard Memorial dungeon room.

Jcole

Post Number: 6058
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll try to make it to the Mass, just don't hold it against me if the roof caves in or something when I walk in.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 683
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problem, I will warn Father Robert - there may be some thunder and lightening at the 4:00!

Jcole

Post Number: 6059
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully only that, not a direct lightening strike to the belfry

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 684
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, that would be bad - because we have a beautiful children's choir coming to sing. If you can get there even a little earlier, the kids will start singing about 3:30 ish. With our majestic pipe organ and their angelic voices - it's awesome. Haven't heard anything like that since the angelic voices of the SJ Choir in the 60's! :-)

Jcole

Post Number: 6060
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there a mini-Z in the choir?

Zitro

Post Number: 2752
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flattery will get you everywhere

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 685
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I do remember a mini-Z--but the voice hadn't quite reached the Z angelic range yet! :-)

Jcole

Post Number: 6061
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do they wear robes and tip their heads back and sing with angelically rounded mouths? That's what I picture when I think of the SJ boys choir from years gone by. They looked like little angels, but we knew better

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 686
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Yes, we DID know better. No, these kids just dress like kids. They're students of a music minister that has played at St. Jude - and this is the second time he's bringing them to sing for us. They are incredible!

Zitro

Post Number: 2753
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was all a ruse