Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » 2009 Detroit City Council Election « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Amgasper01
Username: Amgasper01

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where can you find a complete list of who is registered to run for council in the upcoming election? Any recommendations on who would be a viable candidate? Please don't tell me to do the research myself and blah blah blah...I'm trying to start a discussion on the issue. I haven't heard enough talk about the future of the council and who anyone plans to vote for, just a bunch of complaining about the current administration. Thank you!

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4277
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is all I could find:

Burgess Foster

John Bennett

And over 300 residents got petitions. Who knows how many will get the 458 required to get on the ballot.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 779
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its still a little early, the primary isn't until August and folks are still getting their petitions signed. We will have a number of people running this cycle especially since we have several at-risk council persons that could be beaten.

Cooper
Username: Cooper

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When the ballot is printed, it should appear on the City Clerk's website in an "Election Newsletter." The current letter has the recent primary ballot.

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/De partments/DepartmentofElection s/VoterInformation/tabid/608/D efault.aspx

Eastsideal
Username: Eastsideal

Post Number: 405
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The date for filing signed petitions isn't even until May. So this is jumping the gun just a bit.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1808
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My friend suggested today that we start up a new slate in Detroit called the "Courtesy Flush Slate."

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.