Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Assembly Line Concert - Martha Reeves Kick-Off « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9603
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted about this event in the CONNECT section (check it out), but now it appears Martha Reeves will be crossing 8-mile to kick it off, which gives me all the excuse I need to post about it over here.

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090312/NEWS03/903120337

http://www.assemblylineconcert .com/

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 754
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But why won't she bring such a concert to the city proper? We could use that kind of exposure and she's taking another event out to the evil suburbs. She won't be getting my vote in November!

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3653
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we start a committee to demand that she start the concert from Detroit? :-)

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3833
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somebody contact her and demand she kick start it from Detroit....Waaaaahhh! I'm gonna be in Detroit the day of the concert and I wanna see Martha start it. Waaaaaahhh! I don't wanna have to drive all the way out to Ferndale to see her. Waaaaahhh! And if I'm gonna be in Detroit the day of the concert, imagine how many other people will be in Detroit that day. And they won't have transportation to get all the way to Ferndale! It's a shame, a downright dirty shame that she's not gonna sing in Detroit! Waaaahhh!

Good idea Detroitnerd! :-)

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 566
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is she going to perform in Ferndale? Ferndale is not Detroit.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 565
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is she gonna wear a pink dress?

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 755
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Martha and the Vandummies say this first:

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090312/NEWS01/90312061/Reeves +wants+Leno+to+have+a+show+at+ the+Joe

then she goes to Ferndale to perform for people that don't look like her.

SMH!

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2131
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

are people going to boo her?

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 517
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I seriously don't get her appeal. She was only marginally talented back in the 60s, and even less so now. I don't understand why people still clamor to hear her warble and act like she's such a prize. She had about as much talent as the girl who sang Chicken Noodle Soup a few years ago. Now she's just a pity.

Stosh
Username: Stosh

Post Number: 127
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think a demonstration of some kind would be in order. What time is this going to start?

I'd be willing to bet that she brings at least 3 armed security guards with her as well.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 567
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Except for some PBS oldie specials, I can't think of a better example of a has-been. Talk about trading off of your reputation. She was able to get a council seat on rep alone. Now, whether she'll be able to hold on to it is another story.
It's amazing she thinks she can be a draw musically.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.