Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Please visit the Re-Invented Zef's Coney Island! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Nickstone
Username: Nickstone

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zef's Coney Island, one of the victims of the Book Building shutting down, reopened courageously at the deli counter of the Trolley Market (which keeps its true name even after my beloved Trolley Plaza changed its name to Washington Square)... they still have great prices on delicious food... great Coney Island food... sandwiches, breakfast, salads, great dinners... give them a shot, you won't reget it!

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4406
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm admiring the staying power of many Detroit small businesses right now. Keep supporting local business...

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this the same Zef that has another coney at Eastern Market? If so, I hadn't known he had a place downtown, despite the fact that I've known Zef since we were both teenagers.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 2106
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great that Zef's moved and has survived. I enjoyed the food that the place served when it was over at the Book.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9094
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ProfScott,

I don't think there is any connection between the two. I've been a regular at the EM Zeff's for years and years...and I'm sure we brought this up with him a while ago.

He spends too much time at EM to run another joint...what another great Detroit personality he is. Always my first choice for breakfast outside my kitchen!

MAJOR congrats to these Zef's for a successful move...after being served their fate in the Book. Now that I'm on the west side, I'll give them a try.

Cheers

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 339
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a salad there the other day. This time it was certainly fresher than the ones I used to get when it was at the Book. Maybe they're doing better business now that they're located in a building that is actually occupied and has foot traffic.

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who owns the Trolley Market nowadays? Is Jimmy still involved? I was by there the other night. I saw a woman pull up on the sidewalk next to the front door, about 9:30 PM, park, unlock and go in to the store. It raised my curiosity.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.