Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Filming on Steps of Wayne County Building 3/11/09 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 280
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this the new Hilary Swank movie they’re filming? I recall Cam Carmen & Jason Carr from Fox 2 are playing reporters in the movie. Anyone know if this is the scene they’re in?

Thanks in advance.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1792
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No clue. Freep (and the News, I think) did a story about Swank filming at DPD HQ on Beaubien, but I don't recall it saying anything about the OWCB.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup

http://freep.com/article/20090 311/ENT01/90311048/Action++Swa nk++crew+film+in+Detroit

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a shot of what's going on now (sorry for the quality, camera phone) and also the trailers from yesterday.

Movie shooting on wayne county building

Boston in Michigan

Trailers (Where's Hillary? LOL)

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 2613
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't know Boston Police cars use Michigan plates.

Awfavre

Post Number: 281
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We were able to see some of the action from our offices in the Cadillac Tower.

Overall shot of the Wayne County Building

Overall shot of the Wayne County Building

Filming on the steps of the Wayne County Building

Filming on the steps of the Wayne County Building

Air view of “Boston” police car

Air view of “Boston” police car

(Special thanks to Jams for posting the easy resize pix link.)

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4404
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, at least we have people ACTING like something is going on in Detroit. I think all this filming activity is really cool. Detroit is going to show up in a lot of urban-setting films. I should also hope that films requiring rural/woodsy scenery will be shot from time to time in Northern Michigan, so as to show off that scenery.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3982
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From Awfavre's photo of the old county building, it appears that the allegorical chariot statues were never replaced on the roof.....or are my eyeballs failing me?

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 564
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like they are gone in that photo.

Awfavre

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your eyeballs are not failing you, Ray1936. Shots I just took while on lunch show the two slabs the chariot statues were once on are empty. The only statues left are on the spire.

WCB wide

WCB Spire

WCB Statues

WCB Empty Slabs

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1401
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought they were going to Toledo for restoration (I remember talking to some folks when they came down).

It is a shame they are not back yet - on the other hand, I have zero idea how long detailed restoration takes.

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 466
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard they are In the Russell Industrial center getting restored

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 2266
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The scrappers got em!

Oliverdouglas
Username: Oliverdouglas

Post Number: 190
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're in a new condo development in Chicago.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.