Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » "Two Dollar Beer" - TV Show - Fall '09 Fox Pilot « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone heard about this?

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ devwatch.aspx?id=two_dollar_be er

"comedy revolves around a group of young adults in detroit as they weather the worsening economy but refuse to move away from their hometown"

Ljbad89
Username: Ljbad89

Post Number: 105
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Courtney Henggeler? This show is relevant to my interests... err, I mean it's about Detroit? This show is relevant to my interests. <_<;

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 274
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike Binder is Creator/Exec. Producer, hence, Detroit.

Ljbad89
Username: Ljbad89

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In all seriousness, I haven't heard about it, but I just performed a Google search and there seems to be some information. I also recall another show set in Detroit that was supposed to air as a midseason replacement. I think it was called "Fresh Prince of Belle Isle" or "The Prince of Motor City". I haven't heard anything new about that either.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2129
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds like my life

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 275
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I definitely lived that life for a while when I lived in Detroit, quite literally. Phil Cooley has said that he purposely put the $2 PBR on the beer menu at Slows so his friends could afford to hang out there and drink. I had my share of $2 Old Milwaukees at the Bronx and elsewhere.

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: