Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Mon Con on the Ticket « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Valenti and Foster just had an entertaining call from the Council Prez calling them and their listeners raciest. Hopefully they will most the interview on the website soon.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1652
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gosh, someone needs to duct tape her mouth shut.

When will this stupidity END?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2128
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

seems like she's having a meltdown

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 795
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's ok. You play the racist card enough and nobody believes you anymore. It's like crying wolf. She'll wear it our pretty soon. Then, when someone actaully does do something racist, nobdy will pay attention...

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 192
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is up now. On the right hand side of the page under audio.

http://www.971theticket.com/Ho mepage/107522

I don't know how to post a direct link.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like I stated before, duct tape.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 750
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys better be careful because she might create an account here and label us all racists for not agreeing with her. She'll have a hell of a time accusing me since I'm black and live in the city, but she'll try nonetheless.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring it, Monica. We'll sic Bats on you...

*evil laugh*

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 778
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Bring it, Monica. We'll sic Bats on you..."

I'm sure Monica would also be "convinced of the rightness" of her position too.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very true, but watching the conversation would be most interesting.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1777
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was surprised how restrained she was. When I heard that Valenti, the walking Human Torch, was talking to Conyers, the walking Human Powder Keg, I was expecting schitt to explode. Other than throwing around the R-word and then DENYING EVER CALLING ANYONE RACIST (ha!), she was surprisingly behaved.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 751
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Originally posted by Lodgedodger:

Bring it, Monica. We'll sic Bats on you...

She is a bat, a moon-bat - yes, but a bat nonetheless. She won't be the slightest bit threatened.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad Terry and Mike didn't call her out on the racist comments she made to the poor stiff who went before her at the council meeting.

Honestly, how anone can defend her is beyond me.

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 307
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CALL ME COUNCIL PRESIDENT MONICA CONYERS!!!

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 343
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The crack about water tax was great.

She made some noise about water rates going up 15%.

V & F shot back "the water that leaked into Cobo Hall?"

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 599
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica Conyers is a classic narcissist. She needs the attention and knows how to get it. She was race-baiting Valenti and Foster to play to her base. The best way to deal with her is to ignore her.

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 275
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God, I thought the title of this post meant she was definitely running for mayor. Don't do that to me!

Mrnittany
Username: Mrnittany

Post Number: 52
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, she's crazy. As if that's new news, LOL.

Although the interview was disappointing in one respect: considering it was Manic Monica and Volatile Valenti, I expected a mini-nuclear explosion. They both were (relatively) restrained.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4256
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Monica Conyers is a classic narcissist. She needs the attention and knows how to get it.

Bingo. If she's good at nothing else, it's pushing the right buttons. Eventually, as with anyone that takes too many risks, she's going to push the wrong button and completely self-destruct even before her supporters eyes. But, up until then, she's being given a free run at whipping up shit. While the local media get the ratings, and Monica gets the attention she so desperately needs, a little bit of Detroit dies every time she has a showdown with the media.

When, oh, when will the FBI drop the hammer on this?

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess we all need the patience of JOB. We never thought we'd be rid of Kwame but he's almost gone.
Just hang in there and don't forget to vote if you can.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.