Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Text Messages question « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rotation_slim
Username: Rotation_slim

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reading through the Kwame messages, have a couple of Q's for the Detriot yes forum:

Kwame seems to meet his gal-pal CHristine at "bobbys" Any restaraunt nicknamed "Bobby's" or is it just a reference to a Bobby Ferguson financed love nest??

Also someone pops up a few time by nickname of "ZIZ" Any idea who that is?

Norm
Username: Norm

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the fact that he tells Beatty that one secret about him that nobody knows is that he sold drugs in college.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 227
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well that secret is one that everyone knows now.lol

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1333
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt - the ex mayor of the city sold drugs in college...i can't wait til yall read all of this stuff!

Norm

Post Number: 96
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, to clarify, on page 661 of the documents, Kwame says "I sold weed in college." So, not all drugs, just weed.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 414
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm late to the party. Trying to catch up. Sorry if I sound ill informed.

Where is page 661? I only see where it goes to page 150.

Where did you see the Ziz reference?

Norm

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames,

It is on page 661 in the documents put up by Fox 2 News - they break them out into 50 pages merged into one document. This reference is in the last document with the last pages in it.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3979
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fresh release of the text messages are rather anti-climatic since the principles involved are no longer in the forefront. From what I sampled, they were rather predictable.

I'm constantly amazed at how some afro-americans call each other 'nigga' over and over. I mean, WTF?

English
Username: English

Post Number: 484
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ Ray, some of my brothers and sisters would say "it's a black thing... you wouldn't understand." Me, I blame the rise of hip-hop and the lionization of ghetto/country values. That stuff has happened in my lifetime.

I do not allow people to call me "my nigga". At all. This has cost me friends, because "I'm too uptight." Whateva -- keep it moving, 'cause I don't have time for ignorance.

Having said that, Ray, I 100% agree with the anticlimatic nature of these messages. Christine is serving her time and Kwame will soon be the problem of the Lone Star State. Unless and until something comes up with the Tamara Greene case? I say get over it & focus on the CURRENT clowns who continue to tear apart this city. Otherwise, it's a case of "new boss... same as the old boss."

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 415
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh! Ok. Thanks Norm!

I think the messages reveal a lot about the party.

On page 156 and 157 there is an exchange between Carlita and Andrea Carroll.

Carlita is telling Ann about some woman getting fired, and how she should be, if she had talked.

Carlita also mentioned Nelthrope, because he confirmed the party to IA.

The ladies weren't appalled by the allegations, they were appalled that their sins were being revealed by people who they THOUGHT were "loyal".

Oh and, I noticed that Carlita is a bit player for 150 pages, until you get to page 151. The date is 5/5/03. Five days after Tamara's murder. All of sudden she and Kwame start with deep conversations.

She seems really concerned that she is the source of his grief and he is all of a sudden, worried about her.

English

Post Number: 486
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^But all those msgs between CK and AC were in the original release! Those were on the news last year...

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm glad they were released. I know some feel it's time to look at current problems and move on. Part of me needs to know those messages are public information and are available to anyone who is interested. This release of the rest of the messages is a way for me to say, "Good, they're out. We're done here. The Public DID have a right to know."

We've cleaned up the Mayor's office. It's now time to take a broom to the Council.

English

Post Number: 488
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ Amen, Lodgedoger re: the Council!

Wonder if they had two-way pagers? Hmmm...

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1646
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, HELL no, English. Do you think any of the Fabulous Five could actually use a pager?

;-)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 6041
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They might not be able to figure out how to use one

English

Post Number: 489
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, you two... you owe me a KEYBOARD, now!

Bwhahahahahaha!

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 921
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These additional text messages confirm the entitlement mentality that permeated the Kilpatrick administration. They expose the emptiness of Mr. Kilpatrick's 2001 campaign rhetoric of new ideas and young leadership. It is clear now that when Mr. Kilpatrick became mayor, good government immediately took a backseat to the exercise of pure political power and entitlement. We are in some frightening economic times right now, but it is really scary beyond description to think back and realize that for several years the most important decisions in this city were being made by the likes of such corrupt intellectual and policy lightweights as Mr. Kilpatrick, Derrick Miller, Christine Beatty and even first friend Bobby Ferguson. How they didn't screw up even more is a mystery.

The corruption and absence of vision of the Kilpatrick administration were far bigger problems for Detroit than his serial infidelities. But it is hard to resist wondering out loud how he was able to carry on so many relationships. Several of these women have now been "outed" and it is not as if he was only attracting airhead groupies that he could get into bed with a mere flash of his smile. His various girlfriends all seemed to be employed businesspeople and professionals of one sort or another. Were all these successful women so delusional that they thought they were uniquely special enough to attract the attention of this powerful married man, or was it just the sex? Regardless, most folks can agree that if somebody lacks integrity in their personal life, they usually exhibit the same trait when it comes to their business. Mr. Kilpatrick certainly proves that truism.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.