Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Shots fired in royal oak? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 909
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just west of downtown...first three pops, then two more...

heard them from the hendrie neighborhood.

hey, this kind of thing DOES happen everywhere!

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 111
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is probably just fireworks. Spring is here.

Thecarl

Post Number: 910
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fisherman, you're probably right. i haven't heard ems after about 15 minutes, so it would suggest some other kind of horseplay. it sounded like a quarter mile away, and woke up my daughter - so they've got some good stuff if it's fireworks!

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 633
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure, carl you just keep telling that to yourself.

It does happen everywhere just more often in some places than others.

How many shots were fired in Detroit tonight?

That's right, you don't know because nobody even bothers to keep track.

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 503
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, the Carl, keep telling yourself that Royal Oak routinely gets random gunfire like Detroit; maybe one day you'll actually believe it.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4243
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like someone missed that thing that is called irony, because, if you were familiar with Carl's postings on crime, you'd have never typed that post.

Thecarl

Post Number: 912
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, no! i meant it tongue-in-cheek - i didn't mean to stir things up here. but hey, it gives one an appreciation for what it must be like for the poor souls who do have to deal with gunfire in areas plagued with high crime rates. and, often adding to the insult, is a poor or absent response by the police. not long ago i overheard a guy describing having his family on the floor because of gunfire in a nearby house. even a visit to the precinct got nothing. what he said was so frustrating is that just prior to this event, someone had actually been shot in that same house, and he expected more attention to a known hot spot.

Wirt
Username: Wirt

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

..brings back memories of my time in Los Angeles with gunfire every week!

Downtown Detroit - never heard any in 3 years...

maybe times are changing???

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Looks like someone missed that thing that is called irony, because, if you were familiar with Carl's postings on crime, you'd have never typed that post.

Irony is useless on here. Nobody ever keeps track of who posts what. Just ask Crumbled_pavement.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1670
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 3:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hear gunfire in Detroit almost every other night. In fact, I heard gunshots tonight about an hour ago. It wasn't close enough to where I could look out of the window and see anything, so I just continued doing what I was doing.

Some of you on this forum think that if you call the cops that they're going to be able to do something about it. Like I said, if I couldn't pinpoint exactly where the shots came from, then why call the cops and waste their time with something in which I have no concrete details to offer. "Oh, Mr. Officer, the shots rang out about 2:50 a.m. and they sounded like they came from the north, or south, or east, or west about a half-mile, mile, or two miles in one of those directions." I can see the officer now, looking at me like he or she can't believe that I have wasted their time.

Now, if the gunshots sounded like they came from right outside my window and I can hear voices like those you hear in an argument, then I'll eventually look out the window and see if someone is laying on the ground. Then I'll call the police. However, if it's further away, there's really not much I can do and so I accept the gunfire and move on.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD! Quick! Everyone sprawl farther west!

Suburbanbliss
Username: Suburbanbliss

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haven't heard any gunshots in Troy yet. Not even on New Year's Eve!

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1288
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Haven't heard any gunshots in Troy yet. Not even on New Year's Eve!

Duly noted. We'll get right on it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.