Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Players cited in Synagro case « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=2009 0128&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=90128 0801&Ref=PH

The Free Press has confirmed through sources the identity of all the unnamed figures cited in the federal bribery case against former Synagro Technologies vice president James Rosendall, who pleaded guilty Monday. None of these people, referred to only by alphabetical letters in court records, has been charged with crimes in the Synagro deal.

Alias: City Official A
Name: Kwame Kilpatrick, former Detroit mayor and ex-legislator

What feds say: Received contributions to political and nonprofit funds totaling about $200,000 from Rosendall as the exec sought approval for a sludge disposal facility in Detroit. Also accepted private flights to Las Vegas and Mackinac Island covered by Rosendall. Told Rosendall to work with his father.

Alias: Relative A
Name: Bernard Kilpatrick, owner of lobbying firm Maestro and Associates.

What feds say: Accepted payments from Rosendall and Rayford Jackson, but did little work to help win approval of a contract.

Alias: City Official B
Name: Derrick Miller, former Detroit chief administrative officer, later chief information officer.

What feds say: Told Rosendall where to send money and worked to get the sludge deal approved. Also flew on private flights Rosendall chartered to Las Vegas and Mackinac Island. Accepted $2,000 from Rosendall, passed through Mike Tardif.

Alias: Aide to City Official A
Name: Mike Tardif, former assistant to Kwame Kilpatrick, later a political consultant.

What feds say: Flew to Las Vegas with Kilpatrick and Miller on plane Rosendall chartered. Took $2,000 from Rosendall to give Miller.

Alias: City Council Member A
Name: Councilwoman Monica Conyers

What feds say: Rayford Jackson, a Synagro consultant, paid her $5,000 to $8,000 in cash. She may have received some of $25,000 Synagro may have provided for council members who voted yes on Synagro.

Alias: Intermediary A
Name: Rayford Jackson, Detroit developer, consultant to Synagro.

What feds say: Paid tens of thousands of dollars in bribes to city officials and Bernard Kilpatrick.

Alias: Aide to City Council Member A
Name: Sam Riddle, former chief of staff to Conyers, political consultant.

What feds say: Riddle told Rosendall through an intermediary he needed to hire him to convince Conyers to support deal. Jackson later said Riddle needed $5,000 a month. Rosendall did not hire him.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3972
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, it ain't exactly Watergate, but it should cause those named to squirm just a bit.

Actually, I love those "bribes" in the form of Las Vegas trips. Keep my local economy going, all you yokels!

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 103
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Listen....

wait for it...

BLAHAMMMMMM!

Thats the sound of one shoe dropping people.

Question is when is the next one is going to drop? aka Strawberry's murder

Hopefully the feds can drag ol' Monica off to the insane asylum to get the help she needs. As for KK and papa, maybe they can share a cell.

Think bunk mates ;-)

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 448
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lets pray this brings down that hate monger Conyers..She is everything wrong with this city.

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 223
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the date for the above article? The bottom of the page states 2008. How current is this info?

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's posted on the FREEP site w/o an accompanying article, Whittier. I thought perhaps this might be an older article I might have missed, because it wasn't a headline. Then again, we've been playing "Name the Indictees" for so long, it didn't seem like "new" news...

Stosh
Username: Stosh

Post Number: 105
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The link to the right of the pictures take you to an article from January 27th.

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090127/NEWS01/301270003

(Message edited by stosh on March 07, 2009)

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...I actually MISSED that?

Okay, I get the "Idiot of the Day" award...

Sorry.

Can we just let this thread die and I'll go crawl behind the couch in embarrassment?

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reason I asked was because of the Fox 2 interview with monica conyers the other day where she still denyed being council person A.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 743
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not only do you dodge the Lodge, but now you're dodging threads too?

:-)

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3413
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LD, Welcome to my world :-)

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It always amazes me how cheap American officials are to bribe.

I read in the news about how you need hundreds of thousands or more in Mexico and other places. I mean, shit, if you're going to be a scumbag, at least be good at it.

Selling out for 5 or 8k seems hardly worth it. It's not like you can be taken care of for life with that.

I can logically understand, (but of course don't condone) if you make 25k a year, and someone wants to give you a million dollars. There's temptation.

But she already makes 80k+, her husband makes enough bank, plus everything that lobbyists pay for - seems like a pittance to throw away a career for.

If a wife of a congressperson DOES take bribes, I'm sure that implicates them, regardless of the personal status. Reporters are going to start asking some serious questions, as they should.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2461
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LD, at least you didn't post something from The Onion, like Mauser did. That was classic doucheramusosity.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9077
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That wasn't MAUSER, that was Craigd.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6203
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It always amazes me how cheap American officials are to bribe.

I read in the news about how you need hundreds of thousands or more in Mexico and other places.

Paging Crawford.... :-)

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 913
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I read in the news about how you need hundreds of thousands or more in Mexico and other places.

oh, latin-american country "m" has been positively identified?

Gnome

Post Number: 2464
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 6:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the correction Gannon, I must have gotten my douches confuzzled. I'll make note of that and issued appropriate mea culpas.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3047
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 7:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gannon, and Fuck you TrollGnome.

Gnome

Post Number: 2465
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mea Culpa Mauser, and as far a giving you a jump, sorry, I don't roll that way.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1636
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I need to tape a note to the mirror reminding me to take my Aricept. Getting to be an old broad is hell.

;-)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9079
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey! You put up with us, we'll put up with you.

Deal?!

We do this right, we'll guarantee mutual entertainment well into our later years...

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1640
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

*hug*

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 139
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For me, I don't think that it's cheap to bribe a CC member for 8k. That was just one contract... I imagine they get their graft the old fashioned way, in volume. I'd imagine they approve 200 or so contracts annually, multiply that 8k times 200 and that's enough to buy some sweet ass tiaras for your fat ass.

You'd think that if Monica had that kind of unaccounted for cash, she'd hire someone to pick up her damn house for her.

Black guy, born and raised in Detroit, and I even say 'FUCK YOU' to Monica and her commentary about 'People who look like her' I'm black, and I sure hope as hel I don't look anything like her sorry ass. She looks like there is a pit bull hiding in the family tree somewhere.

Foxyscholar
Username: Foxyscholar

Post Number: 290
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I'll just say that these folk were cheap to pay off. I get that $5K here, $3K there can add up but still...it just seems that it didn't take much to buy them off.

Monica... what can I say (Black female to Black female): underneath all her annoying bravado, there's a semblance of insight into what she says. Maybe if she learns that you can get more bees with honey than vinegar (or however the phrase goes), she would get further along.

Same w/McPhail: smart but batty.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1396
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess you CAN make it up in volume when your profit is 100% of the money, DetroitChef! :-)

Gnome

Post Number: 2468
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kay everett was indicted for taking a bribe, she died before she could stand trial.

The bribe: 17 pounds of sausage.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.