Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Monica Conyers Vs Foolish from 98 WJLB « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cellus
Username: Cellus

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She refuses to believe the City Council acts inappropriately!!

http://www.fm98wjlb.com/cc-
common/mediaplayer/player.html ?mps=morningshow.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/11 35/30256/1h/cchannel.download. akamai.com/30256/1817/richmedi a/Monica_Conyers_Interview_3-6 -09.mp3?CCOMRRMID=26144774&CPR OG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=DETROIT-MI &NG_FORMAT=urban&NG_ID=wjlb97f m&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=1817&SE RVER_NAME=www.fm98wjlb.com&SIT E_ID=1817&STATION_ID=WJLB-FM&T RACK=monica_conyers_Interview_ 3-6-09

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 530
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She reminds me of a bi-polar person when you just can't talk to them. They get off their meds and they are impossible to deal with.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 814
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jesus..owned by an eight grader, owned by a DJ, owned by every newsperson she's ever made the mistake of opening her mouth to..
What exactly constitutes a fair challenge for Monica? Debating the mentally impaired? A stimulating argument with a dead carp?

I'd hafta put my money on the fish to win.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 630
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone at that station is a racist.

Monica says they hate black people.

Daddeeo

Post Number: 534
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The word "delusional" comes to mind.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3822
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Monica says they hate black people.

Monica considers anyone who disagrees with her "racist to black people", "a child", or "Shrek".

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 521
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, who in their right mind would even think of doing business with her and her cronies.....

Sad thing, so many people are going to be hurt financially because of her ignorance.........

Really, major corporations wont deal with this drama.....they will take their business elsewheres........really sad

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The funny thing is most people who are about to be nailed by the feds keep their mouth shut a lay low, but instead she is drawing even more attention to her. More proof that she is just plain insane. Notice her husband never says a word, he doesn't want his career to get sucked down like hers.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3109
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is almost cute, the way Monica talks down to people, sounding as though she is trying to be patient with them. Even when the young schoolgirl had her in a complete headlock (after the "Shrek" incident,) Monica continued on with that kindergarten-teacher tone.
Monica is one of those simpletons who believes that putting on a pair of glasses gives her the appearance of heightened intelligence.
As if her witlessness isn't sufficiently disturbing, she is also totally devoid of class, shockingly rude, and shamelessly racist. She possesses less social graces than does a camel.
Monica Conyers should be disallowed from walking upright, as her doing so creates a confusing impression about both evolution and primates.
Anyone who votes for this mentally & socially impaired head of damaged livestock should lose their voting rights.

Daddeeo

Post Number: 535
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kinda rough on her, aren't you?

Zrx_doug

Post Number: 818
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't hold back Ravine, tell us how ya REALLY feel!
:-)
Excellent post, couldn't have said it better in a million years.

Clinicallyinsane
Username: Clinicallyinsane

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent post Ravine!!!

Kahnman
Username: Kahnman

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 6:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, make that ..."an ANGRY camel" and I'm behind you 100%. I can't wait to see her go "Brrraaattt!!" and spit on someone 5 feet away...

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1230
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"My job is to be ignorant."

Classic.
That's good work if you can find it.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 464
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, let me get this, 'Foolish', who is 'Foolish', it appears all of a sudden, to DY, he is NOW the voice of reason.

'Foolish', a loud mouth Black comedian that many on this forum have NEVER seen on stage...the same Black man that routinely lambaste 'white-tee' for their 'idiotic' behavior in the course of his night-club act, only now, he is the voice of reason for 'them' __go figure!

I wonder, might it be 'Foolish' has jumped on the 'blame the Monica Conyers tour' to promote his station and his on self-interest?

WJLB is pose' to be the voice for the 'community'. However, in these precarious times, it appears even 'our' own have resorted in invoking the past traditions of amerikkkas' individualistic order where money and evil trumps morality, so then, wicked parasites look to feed self.

'Foolish', my dear brotha, you have the right to agree or disagree toward our majority Black Council decisions, habits, behavior or lack-there-of__However, to be part of the continued perpetuation of Black African people being 'less' human than all 'other' people in the form of pompous verbosity is truly unethical. By doing so, you have indirectly attributed to the on-going stigma of 'Black on Black' crime.

For that my brotha' 'Foolish', you deserve a 'Sambo Award'.

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting for!

Roadmaster49
Username: Roadmaster49

Post Number: 125
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That...whole...interview was a bunch of gibberish. I didn't here a lot of "black on black" or much of anything, just blah blah, blah you all' "we want the city to move forward" yea" blah blah blah, then...end of interview. Some singing.

How can anyone in Detroit claim racism is behind anything. Reverse racism, yes but white on black? It's been majority black now for at leats 30 years.

Comments? abc.moran@netzero.net

Stosh
Username: Stosh

Post Number: 107
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see how this game works with BSX. Every black person is a Sambo if they dare stray from the BSX brand. How quaint. Obviously a charter member of the "Call em Out" coalition.

Foxyscholar
Username: Foxyscholar

Post Number: 289
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roadmaster49 and every other misguided soul:

PLEASE STOP equating demographic percentage to economic power. Yes, Detroit is 85-90 percent African American. But how many of those live at or below poverty level?

Yes, there are Black folk in elected positions and those elected positions come with access and opportunity to political and social power and decision-making. As I have said before in another thread: the game is the same but only the faces have changed. People in political power use that power to include or exclude, e.g., contracting, REGARDLESS of race.

Reverse racism is such a PUNK-ARSE whining thing. 30 years of Black leadership in Detroit DOESN'T TOUCH 400-PLUS YEARS INSTITUTIONAL RACISM.

Daddeeo

Post Number: 537
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I call 'em ignorant. It's raining on Autorama cars right now because the COBO roof is leaking. What kind of jewel is that?

Zrx_doug

Post Number: 820
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're absolutely right, BSX.."Foolish" is a crass, boorish, not particularly funny entertainer, not a Walter Cronkite..
However, the fact remains that Monica was OWNED by this dumbass and his pals due to her own inability to answer a question honestly, regardless of who asks it..

I suspect he'd eat you alive as well, FWIW.

Stosh

Post Number: 108
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Foxyscholar:

It may be a "punk arse whining thing", but it's still racism. I can't see any difference between the two forms. 400 years of institutional racism does not justify racism of any form. If it does to you and others, then well, I'm sorry that you feel that way.

The abandonment of the poor in Detroit, the lack of jobs, who's fault is that? The flight of the black upper and middle class has been happening a long time too, you know. And is still happening now.

White flight is blamed as well, which has been happening a lot longer than the black flight has. Why would anyone stay where they are targeted, hated, and clearly not wanted?

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 484
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

completely dismissive of another person's personal experience.......

why, how very "scholarly" of you.

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 114
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

She reminds me of a bi-polar person when you just can't talk to them. They get off their meds and they are impossible to deal with.

Sounds like she needs to get in touch with the earth vibrations and the moon cycles.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 293
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crosswordgirl: And how very CROSSPOSTING are you. SO UNoriginal.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 294
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stosh: please do not project your racial/racist insecurities upon my post/sentiments. You did not read me justify racism of any kind. Just pointing out the IRONY of 30 years versus 400 years as equal forms of suffering.

Stosh

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, it's ironic. I'm not the one that's projecting screaming with their remarks either. I can't help the past. It's the present that we can only worry about.

Believe it of not, I'm not insecure about race at all. What worries me is incompetence and stupidity. Contracting by race or patronage as it has been done in the past, including the previous White administrations, only equates to failure in most cases. Contracting by cost and ability are much better practices. Requiring contractors to set up shop in the city could be a qualifier.

This also includes hiring practices as well. The buddy system hasn't worked well, by either Black or White administrations.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just pointing out the IRONY of 30 years versus 400 years as equal forms of suffering.
______________________________ ___________________

By posting comments such as those, its easy for some here to think you condone that behavior. Two wrongs do not equal a right.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 295
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sigh... it's also so ironic that when the tables of racism are (seeminigly) turned, that now White folk want things to be fair and balanced, and apply procedures based on cost and ability versus prejudice and discrimination based on race. It's also ironic that the past gets ignored/unacknowledged in these conversations as well. I shall call that okey-doke out to the forefront EVERY CHANCE I TAKE (not get because I'm not going to sit back passively and wait for someone to grant it to me as a sign of their permission or approval).

But I get it. How well can an UNINFORMED White person compete when they're battling guilt or worse yet, the notion that a person/company can do it better than them, ergo, the reverse racism whine.

The days of pacification of White guilt needs to end and I will call it out everywhere I see it.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 296
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitej72: I cannot control anyone else's thoughts or behavior (well, I sorta can...but I use it for good and not for evil! Wink!)

So instead of a person passively ASSuming the sentiments behind my words, they need to step up to the keyboard and ASK.

My tone is firm but I have not called anyone out of their name or ridiculed their character.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No guilt here. As somebody whose family came to this country long after slavery, i often wonder whe this saga will end.

Until both sides quit playing the race game, this country will continue the downward spiral, and the U.S. will never reach its full potential.

Any and all racists, white and black should be shouted down and not given a forum for their biggetry.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 297
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitej72:

Sigh...

Firstly, what/who are the "both" sides of racism? Another fallacy that there are only two racial groups involved. None of us are purely Black or White (thanks to some horny slave masters) and let's not forget our Asian, Latina/o, Native American groups in our nation.

Secondly: let's be clear on what bigotry really is:

http://www.merriam-webster.com /dictionary/bigot
--a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially, --one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Calling out ironies and hypocrisies is not bigotry. That's reality.

Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 485
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Crosswordgirl: And how very CROSSPOSTING are you. SO UNoriginal."

"My tone is firm but I have not called anyone out of their name or ridiculed their character."

well you called me unoriginal and ASSumed i was crossposting (which means, to my knowledge, to post on two forums or threads with the same response, fyi) and i have no clue as to how you came up with that one.

must be coming up with your own scholarly definitions.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 298
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Crosswordgirl.... I am not gonna go tit for tat with you. You started with the "scholarly" stuff and had NO COURAGE to post directly to me.

So whatever.... we're not even on the same level to entertain a viable dialogue.

Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 486
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gee........uhm...........gosh. .........i thought
it would be fairly obvious i was referring to you ms....uhm.....scholar.

i'm quite certain your last line is very accurate......but sounds very "tat-ish" to me.......

Stosh

Post Number: 111
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Sigh... it's also so ironic that when the tables of racism are (seeminigly) turned, that now White folk want things to be fair and balanced, and apply procedures based on cost and ability versus prejudice and discrimination based on race. It's also ironic that the past gets ignored/unacknowledged in these conversations as well.

In order to have the tables of racism turned, you also first must accept that there is racism being applied. Generalizing on how "folk" (another demeaning word, not people as it should be) want things fair and balanced is just a straw argument at best. Consider this. How can you expect things to get better between the races by perpetually continuing the cycle?

quote:

I shall call that okey-doke out to the forefront EVERY CHANCE I TAKE (not get because I'm not going to sit back passively and wait for someone to grant it to me as a sign of their permission or approval).

The only one playing the okey-doke here is you. And i can call it just as well as you can. Not remembering the past just condemns you to repeat the mistakes made. While racism still exists, it's up to you and I to stop the cycle.

quote:

But I get it. How well can an UNINFORMED White person compete when they're battling guilt or worse yet, the notion that a person/company can do it better than them, ergo, the reverse racism whine.

Now who's stereotyping? I have no guilt for the sins of others... No slaveholders in my family either. Reverse racism is a pathetic argument in the first place. Call it by it's rightful name. Racism.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1716
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stupid is Stupid...doesn't matter what color your skin is...

Detroit is quickly turning into the United States ala 'Idiocracy'

All the smarties leave...and the most intelligent moron gets to call the shots

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 6015
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Secondly: let's be clear on what bigotry really is:

--a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially, --one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Sounds an awful lot like Monica and BRC, now doesn't it?

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 299
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stosh: I will continue to beat the drum of calling out racism, discrimination and prejudice when and where I see it and I do have the objectivity to call out the less frequently possible Black on White racism as well as the typical, ordinary, daily White on Black/people of color racism.

Per your criticism of the term "folk" (Interesting attempt to deflect the core of the conversation by harping on ONE WORD in my post by calling my use of the term demeaning.) Let's check the dictionary once again:

http://www.merriam-webster.com /dictionary/folk
1archaic : a group of kindred tribes forming a nation : people
2: the great proportion of the members of a people that determines the group character and that tends to preserve its characteristic form of civilization and its customs, arts and crafts, legends, traditions, and superstitions from generation to generation
3plural : a certain kind, class, or group of people <old> <just> <country> <media>
4plural : people generally
5folks plural : the persons of one's own family ; especially : parents
6: folk music

Clearly nothing demeaning in this definition.

You must live in a very optimistic world if you think two people can end racism. I can sleep at night because I treat people regardless of race with respect and when I see a racist act in place, I will call it out immediately. Again, the individual level racism argument deflects from INSTITUTIONAL RACISM that is alive and well in our nation's corporate, political, social, and economic entities. Own the fact that you (if you are White) have benefited from these policies. And as you may have, the status quo works for you. I completely understand why you would not want things to change.

Stereotyping? Nope... another okey-dokey move. It's only a hit dog that hollers. So if you're harping on my using the term "uninformed", maybe that term fits for you. If it does not, keep it moving, as they say in the hood.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 795
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

.............................. ................ at the end of the day, WHO ELECTS THESE PEOPLE?

<313>

Stosh

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Stosh: I will continue to beat the drum of calling out racism, discrimination and prejudice when and where I see it and I do have the objectivity to call out the less frequently possible Black on White racism as well as the typical, ordinary, daily White on Black/people of color racism.

Well, thanks a lot for that Foxyscholar. Glad to see that you are so vigilant, right on top of all this. I'm sure the world is a far better place for all that effort you put in. Nice touch with the "less frequently possible" qualifier.

quote:

Per your criticism of the term "folk" (Interesting attempt to deflect the core of the conversation by harping on ONE WORD in my post by calling my use of the term demeaning.) Let's check the dictionary once again

Lets do that then...
1 archaic : a group of kindred tribes forming a nation : people
http://www.merriam-webster.com /dictionary/archaic
Archaic
Main Entry: ar·cha·ic
Pronunciation: \är-ˈkā-ik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: French or Greek; French archaïque, from Greek archaïkos, from archaios
Date: 1832
1: having the characteristics of the language of the past and surviving chiefly in specialized uses
2: of, relating to, or characteristic of an earlier or more primitive time : antiquated <archaic>
3 capitalized : of or belonging to the early or formative phases of a culture or a period of artistic development ; especially : of or belonging to the period leading up to the classical period of Greek culture
4: surviving from an earlier period ; specifically : typical of a previously dominant evolutionary stage
5capitalized : of or relating to the period from about 8000 b.c. to 1000 b.c. and the North American cultures of that time
synonyms see old

Nice to see that your terminology is so up to date. Try using people instead. It would imply that you aren't stuck in the past.

quote:

You must live in a very optimistic world if you think two people can end racism. I can sleep at night because I treat people regardless of race with respect and when I see a racist act in place, I will call it out immediately. Again, the individual level racism argument deflects from INSTITUTIONAL RACISM that is alive and well in our nation's corporate, political, social, and economic entities. Own the fact that you (if you are White) have benefited from these policies. And as you may have, the status quo works for you. I completely understand why you would not want things to change.

I suppose then, since you insist on being picky and a stickler for accuracy, that it depends on all of us to end racist acts and thought. I'm really not seeing any kind of respect in the posts above, just stuff like this:

quote:

So whatever.... we're not even on the same level to entertain a viable dialogue

Which seems to indicate a total lack of respect for someone's opinion and thought. Not much love there. which brings me back to this definition:

quote:

--a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially, --one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

In respects to institutional racism, please explain to me how it is that President Obama has reached the highest levels of government with such intense levels of racism existing? Yeah, I know, just deflecting. Any excuse in a storm.

I've benefited far less from these policies you mention than you may think, as well.

And I'm sure that at some point, being educated as you claim, that you have benefited in some way from some sort of racist government help. Student Loans? Pell Grants? Scholarships? Please tell...

quote:

Stereotyping? Nope... another okey-dokey move. It's only a hit dog that hollers. So if you're harping on my using the term "uninformed", maybe that term fits for you. If it does not, keep it moving, as they say in the hood

I'm just "harping" on your hypocritical statements. Remember, you were the one that was YELLING (like that) up above these posts. Obviously touched a nerve somewhere up there huh?

Let me close this with this thought. A Black mayor, council, and justice system is fine with me. I'm not averse to having Black people in positions of power, as long as they are competent, and not racist to those that they allegedly represent.

(Message edited by stosh on March 08, 2009)

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 300
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sigh... It is what it is, Stosh.

Be well.

Stosh

Post Number: 114
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As well to you FoxyScholar.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 761
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

In respects to institutional racism, please explain to me how it is that President Obama has reached the highest levels of government with such intense levels of racism existing?

Is this a real question???

Stosh

Post Number: 115
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a response to this statement.

quote:

Again, the individual level racism argument deflects from INSTITUTIONAL RACISM that is alive and well in our nation's corporate, political, social, and economic entities

It's just an example of what could be an argument of an elimination (at least in this instance)of racism at the governmental level. I'm sure that there are lots of examples of institutional racism existing elsewhere. In corporate America, probably lots of that going around. From both sides of the coin, depending on who you work for.

Ravine

Post Number: 3111
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn! This entire matter doesn't have to be about racism, does it?
A bold new plan: Let's work on saving Detroit from swirling down into its own crumbling sewer system, and after that goal has, at least partially, been met, all of the irredeemably race-fixated citizens can resume their various pissing matches.
And, how depressing it should be, that a cheesy comedian (and recent Sambo Award nominee) is able to so easily harvest new material from the activities & public remarks of a woman (a term I use loosely) who, at least for the time being, is the president of our City Council.
But, she was correct about one thing, at least: Those contractors, and their employees, really DON'T look like Eddie Munster.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4547
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conyers is crazy like a fox. She will be out of the city council soon. Nobody wants her just like Lonnie " the Crook" Bates and Sharon McFAILURE!

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2821
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Foxyscholar, you are correct that many people in Detroit are impoverished. But what has the city done to fix the schools? Does the head of DPS need to ride in a limo with bodyguards?

Fix the schools, educate that school is where you can leave poverty behind and Detroit will be better for it. Ignore it and the results today will continue.

Ravine

Post Number: 3113
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If this thread is going to be opened up into yet another all-encompassing discussion of What's Wrong With Detroit, it will immediately dilute into another non-productive yawnathon.
The thread was about Monica Conyers, not that we need multiple threads about such a one-dimensional twit.
And, while I'm snarling, I might as well add:
Enough, with the cut & paste dictionary definitions. If another forum member can't keep up with the meanings of the words you employ, maybe you shouldn't become too riled up about their misunderstanding of your remarks. The C&P dict. defs. are tiresome, and represent a cheap way of getting around the real message, which usually is, pretty much, "I'm saying that you're stupid."
Some of these threads are a lot like Detroit City Council meetings, actually.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 302
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Let's not bash the dictionary, Ravine. A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

(I'm laughing to keep from crying at the mockery of dictionary usage.... and I'm a DPS product!)

shaking my head at the continual irony.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat: TOTALLY AGREE with your point. I used to work for Wayne County's intermediate school district. Laid off in 2003 after helping with the 2002 Wayne County-wide special education millage. But at that time, the superintendent and the three associate superintendent had all kinds of perks.

I'm all for fiscal responsibility all around.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.