Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » There is No Hope for this City/Region with the current "leaders" in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dtwflyer
Username: Dtwflyer

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been out of town for the past week, in New York City for work, and I come home tonight, turn on the 11pm news and what do I see.

Monica Conyers & the joke of City Council engaged in race-bait and pure nonsense regarding the Cobo situation.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE CITY OF DETROIT LEADERSHIP...YOU REALLY ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS COUNTRY.

I am a die-hard supporter Michigander and of Detroit, but seriously on all levels our elected official FAIL US.

I am so angry, I can't even get my thoughts across. This region is hopeless....

Philbo
Username: Philbo

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit elections are coming up in the near future so don't throw in the towel yet. In the recent primary Detroiters chose Cockrel and Bing who were probably the best of the lot. At least things can't get much worse.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4225
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We really need a super-thead on these types of posts, because they are coming daily, now.

Moderation, you listening?

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 626
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE CITY OF DETROIT LEADERSHIP...YOU REALLY ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS COUNTRY.

I am so angry, I can't even get my thoughts across. This region is hopeless....

Dtwflyer,

As a Detroit resident and voter, I must apologize for the fact that my elected city leaders "ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS COUNTRY."

Please forgive me, and my fellow Detroiters, for disgracing the country with our poor choice of leadership. We are not bad people, but it seems that we are just too ignorant and easily fooled into electing crooked leaders.

Maybe the people of Detroit can learn something from the voters in Illinois who elected Rod Blagojevich. Perhaps Detroiters could learn a lesson from the people of New York who elected Eliot Spitzer. It seems that Detroiters could learn much from Alaska voters, who elected the now-convicted felon Ted Stevens seven times for US Senator. Apparently, the election of Richard Nixon as president, and his re-election in a landslide victory, stands as an example of great elected leadership, unlike some of the recent local Detroit politicians, who "ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS COUNTRY."

Detroit_expat
Username: Detroit_expat

Post Number: 91
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fact that there are corrupt politicians everywhere does not excuse the fact that Detroit has corrupt -- and worse, incredibly stupid -- city officials.

For example, the City of Chicago is notorious for corruption. But Chicago is also known as "The City That Works."

Detroit doesn't work, on any level or by any measure (crime, city services, poverty, literacy, healthcare, employment, etc.). Too many around here work double-overtime to avoid the truth: Detroit is incredibly fucked-up. And nothing will improve with idiots on the council.

Unfortunately, another truth is that there are many in the City of Detroit who do not want anything better. Those who do have already left or are leaving. Regardless of race. White Flight happened long ago. For the past few years, we've seen Black Flight increase exponentially, with no signs of slowing down.

What my Dad said decades ago has come true. He predicted that Detroit would eventually be a city of mostly the filthy poor, with a sprinkle of the filthy rich. Hardly anyone who works for a living and has cares about public schools and services is left.

But yeah, you're right. Richard Nixon was crooked. Shame on Richard Nixon, I guess.

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 771
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ken Cockrel supports the abolishment of over $70 Million per year in lost state revenue sharing from the state fuel tax. The proof is his support for regional agreement to combine SMART and DDOT to be funded with NEW county tax increases of property or sales or as chosen by the voters but without any protection of state funds. Why?

Soon, Detroit will get more freeways and more people will move out.

It's not the Detroit voters who are stupid. It'st the voters in Livonia who vote in people in Lansing who do not care about Detroit.

It's a fact that the elected officials representing us in Lansing supported the large freeway interchange in NOVI and the large state cuts to SMART and DDOT.

Ken Cockrel is invited to support my petition drive to protect Detroit from the big freeways and state cuts to public bus service if he wants to. Or, maybe he has better ideas then Trainman?

See Trainman's save the... in DETROIT LINKS

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 543
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conyers implied there was a conspiracy with the roof leaking this weekend.

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 339
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course there was a "conspiracy" to make the roof leak.

It didn't leak during the dog show or boat show or new car show. But Monica doesn't understand that it didn't rain then either.

But she does know that L Brooks Patterson can make it rain.

(Message edited by angry dad on March 09, 2009)

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For example, the City of Chicago is notorious for corruption. But Chicago is also known as "The City That Works."

______________________________ ____________________

I'd take a Detroit that was in the mold of Chicago anyday. It'll never happen though, as long as we have racists like Mo Co, BRC, and Watson on the clown council.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.