Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Cub « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 724
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't mean to single you out but I was wondering if you decided whether or not to run for City Council. We can use you. You have a good heart and are level headed and rational + you seem to know the city and its issues pretty well.

I'd never win because I don't have the work ethic for it and a council position is something I would take serious - it's not a part-time position in my book (although MonCon would seriously disagree with me on that point).

Oh, btw, this thread isn't just for Cub. Anyone interested in running or knows of a good candidate that is running please respond.

It's time to get real issues addressed as opposed to the game playing that MonCon & Company are doing now.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 779
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub's already got my vote.
I also nominate Gnome..he can replace the MonCon sideshow with a more intelligent breed of crazy.
:-)

(Message edited by ZRX_Doug on February 26, 2009)

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1549
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They both have my vote.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 989
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been satin it all along! Cub for Mayor!

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 725
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about grass root campaigning efforts? I'm down to do some work for a good candidate. I'm sure with all the supporters on this site we could develop a good flyer, web site, and campaign strategy along with appearances. It would be great to get an everyday person from the neighborhoods in City Hall to represent us little guys who are always forgotten.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 949
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd endorse Cub for any position in the city of Detroit, cept I live in Wayne.Wouldn't want someone {MonCon}saying "Cub the suburbanites puppet".Give Cub time he's gotta garden,community center to take care of.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2424
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 6:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As much as I would love to see a man of Cub's character and abilities on Council, in the Mayor office of even in Congress; the position that is vunerable is Jewel Ware's spot on the Wayne County Board of Commissioners.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 617
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would vote for Cub.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub rocks!

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 726
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Originally posted by Reddog289:

Give Cub time he's gotta garden,community center to take care of.

Point taken.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub has till may to decide but I know of key endorsements that would be thrown his way already... I know I for one would volunteer once a week to help get the word out...
VOTE CUB he weeds out corruption and has deep roots in the city!

VOTE CUB, He knows how to use a HOE!

VOTE CUB, He is smarter than your average bear!

Ok I could go on and on...

Showstoppa
Username: Showstoppa

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm new to this forum and I keep hearing about this Cub running for city council, with the current jackasses we have their now I can't wait for some new sane, good people on council. I would love to learn where he stands on issues !

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1110
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum Show Stoppa if you want to see some of the amazing work CUB has done please check out the various Georgia street community collective threads here or visit
http://www.georgiastreetgarden .blogspot.com/

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has Cub publicly expressed particular political ambitions or views?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No!! :-)

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1318
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^ lol

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9070
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, all of the best leaders are unwilling...and as far as I can tell Cub stands on his feet most times, but I've never seen him stand on an issue.

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 727
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Cub has spoken and I respect his stance.

The search continues for a viable grass roots candidate. Maybe there are other candidates that DYesers are aware of that are worth our support?

Another question, does anyone have a link to the vote tabulations of the last City Council election. I'm interested in how many votes CC member #9 received, as this is the most vulnerable position.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1319
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub draws many people by appealing to the good (beneficial). A natural attraction. Would some of you agree? How would you personify Cub?

(Message edited by vetalalumni on March 01, 2009)

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 1138
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't say that I am unwilling. I have a lot of things on my plate and I like to finish what I start. If I were to run, I would concentrate on the neighborhoods. If you are from the Southwest side, West side, Northwest side, East side, or Northeast side, you would think I lived in your neighborhoods. I would make it a point to drive the city every week because I want to know what is going on. I would take grass roots to the extreme. Letting people know we have to look out for each other. I keep hearing about someone saying that I want to turn the city into farm land....Not True!! I want to see every vacant lot with a home or a tax base. Right now that can't happen. So at this time we need to encourage other uses and to me the best thing is food, flowers and trees. Cut the red tape on city owned property. Sometimes you have to take a loss to see some gain.
I will periodically post my stances in the coming weeks. I will also answer questions and take some opinions. I don't care if you are from the city or suburbs. We all have a stake in this. (Not saying I am running now but for sure in the future).

Jackpot
Username: Jackpot

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the east side could use really use some representation on council!

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 596
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub, I am happy to hear that you leave open the possibility of running for office in the future.

I am also happy that you prioritize the work that you have begun. Detroit could definitely use someone like you on the city council, but I also admire the impact you are able to make on people's lives directly in your neighborhood, which actually might be more difficult as 1 of 8 on the city council. I hope that in the long run, you can accomplish both goals!

Wgardner
Username: Wgardner

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lol turn the city into farm land Lol that is hilarious. But not a bad idea if you're thinking about building up the local economy etc etc...

I would like to see ya up there one day Cubs.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 965
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The question is can Cub sing?. Cub is right we do all have a stake in this. What he has done and is doing I don't even think I would try to tackle.If I were in his shoes and did run for council, I would try to stabilize and rebuild the remaning neighborhoods of the city, farm the rest, and try to rebuild it.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 460
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub...recent events indicate a need for some stable leadership. You need to run in the next election.

Panda
Username: Panda

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Lol turn the city into farm land Lol that is hilarious. But not a bad idea if you're thinking about building up the local economy etc etc..."

Not sure I understand what is 'hilarious' about it. It's been happening on a steadily growing scale for the past 20 years.
It should be a grand scale soon.
Cub would have my vote based on this forward thinking/progressive agenda alone. Simply no question.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.